PDA

View Full Version : tank regulator help

madcrisis
03-10-2007, 01:52 AM
i want to know how to uninstall tank regulators on pure energy and dye throttle tanks? are they screw in regs and how do u get them out?

neppo1345
03-10-2007, 02:59 AM
Strap wrench.

Best bet it to let your local shop do it so you don't ruin the threads.

maniacmechanic
03-10-2007, 08:26 AM
regs are normally a pain due to the fact thet the manufactures use a 1/2 gallon of locktite
BUT 1 ; large vice 2 ; rubber pad 3; strap wrench . if your lucky your reg has a hex on it ; pull all fittings & burst dics out of it . Put the rubber in the vise 1st then the tank , make SURE the tank doesn't touch the vise , if you were lucky & have a hex on your reg use the RIGHT SIZE wrench to loosen the reg in the beginning to tank will spin in the rubber ; tighten the vise slowly till the tank doesen't spin , once everything is set set the wrench on the reg & smack the unused end of the wrench with a hammer this will usually loosen the reg
IF YOUR NOT SURE WHAT YOUR DOING SPEND THE 20$ AND PAY SOME ONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THERE DOING . I've had regs that were so tight that they stripped the threads on the reg taking them out

Shane-O-Mac
03-10-2007, 01:04 PM
i want to know how to uninstall tank regulators on pure energy and dye throttle tanks? are they screw in regs and how do u get them out?

Not to be rude, but if you dont know how to do it, then take it to an Airsmith and have them do it for you. Reinstalling another reg is also best left to a qualified Airsmith.

Pneumagger
03-10-2007, 01:35 PM

just unscrew them. they are normal right hand threaded and often use no sealent or teflon. There should be an oring that seals it.

GL have fun!

jenarelJAM
03-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Don't forget to bleed the tank first...

/just sayin...