PDA

View Full Version : electro pneumatic mag. best board.

magpump
03-10-2007, 03:06 PM
i am going to make my mag into a electo pneumatic gun. however i wanted your imput the the best board to be compatible with the mpa-3. i know people have used an ion board but i dont think it came out to well. and i heard of someone putting a spyder board in the vert. i have a logic vert and a mpa-3 and i was wanting your imput on which board would be the best way to go. whatever board it is its probally going to be a tboard b/c the modes and the price. all feedback would be great!

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
i am going to make my mag into a electo pneumatic gun. however i wanted your imput the the best board to be compatible with the mpa-3. i know people have used an ion board but i dont think it came out to well. and i heard of someone putting a spyder board in the vert. i have a logic vert and a mpa-3 and i was wanting your imput on which board would be the best way to go. whatever board it is its probally going to be a tboard b/c the modes and the price. all feedback would be great!

Im doing this project as a complete unit so Ill tell you what I know so u can try for yourself.

Instead of pairing the board to the MPA3, pair the noid to the MPA3.

You really want a noid that can take more than 100psi (.7bar). Why? Because we all have been using the SY113A-SG-PM3 (5v) or the SY113A-VG-PM3 (6v) solenoid to do this mod.

The above noids only take a MAX of 100psi. The mod will work with this noid, but some of us have been having leaking issues with it. Some have not. We are working on a solution for this random issue, so keep an eye out for it.

If you dont mind taking the time to plan out the internal layout, you could install a larger noid. I have installed an older Racegun frame in the Intelli-Frame with alot of cutting but it does fit if you work at it.

The board only matters if its the board you want to use. Try to let go of the "hype" of whos code is faster and all, and just look at boards based on modes of fire and operations they include.

If you do it this way, your going to find that the boards are all about the same, except 1 may cost more than the other.

Im on here alot so keep searching the posts and asking questions. I cant answer questions regarding my own kit,.. but anything else you ask I can answer.

Good Luck! :cheers:

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh,... 1 more thing.

If you havent done so, get a good camera or borrow one and take alot of pictures!

Try to start an online album of the parts like the noids used, parts, sear, valve, ULTs, and how u made cuts to install them.

You can show people exactly what u are having problems with and we can see what you mean and try to help the best we can.

Ive started to record everything I do, and it definately helps when people want to know a solution to a problem they are having.

magpump
03-10-2007, 04:10 PM
okay, all i have as of now is a mpa-3 thanks to pneumagger. he shaved it down and slotted it for the sear. i know the ion noid can take up to 200psi. in the manual i think it says they warrant the board until you pass 200 psi. which means it should work fine until than.

i will edit this as soon as i find a link and the name, but the ego framed mag looks really good and shots well. i might put a ego board in it. again i will edit this paragraph shortly..

wjr
03-10-2007, 04:17 PM
You should look into the ICD Chaos board. They're super small, and have lots of modes if that's what you want. It's also relatively inexpensive.

magpump
03-10-2007, 04:52 PM
well i know t-boards are about 50 for each one... plus these infrared eyes work for the spyder and wrath boards.. http://intellectualmercenary.com/aea414/eyesBB.html . does anyone know if the wrath board would be easy to mod for this project?

Maj. Paynt
03-10-2007, 06:58 PM
You may want to look at any one of the boards for the AKA Viking. Pandora, TADO are two of the best.

for the best price/features you can get a brand new Pandora board for about 30 bucks and use the Rmod code listed on the akaowners website.

The reason i suggest these boards is for the simple on off for energizing the selenoide, full control over all settings and support for break beam eyes. they are also very simple to install and the size is very small.

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
okay, all i have as of now is a mpa-3 thanks to pneumagger. he shaved it down and slotted it for the sear. i know the ion noid can take up to 200psi. in the manual i think it says they warrant the board until you pass 200 psi. which means it should work fine until than.

i will edit this as soon as i find a link and the name, but the ego framed mag looks really good and shots well. i might put a ego board in it. again i will edit this paragraph shortly..

No offence to anyone that used the ION noid,.. but its way behind the poer curve on technology.

Its an open frame cylindical wrapped noid,... they are only used in applications where cost is number one but size is not. A 9volt, SMC noid and an MPA3 are the same size as just the ION noid alone.

You can use it, it works, but if u want a clean install and simple,... take the board off and loose the noid.

Just my 2 cents.

magpump
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
well i was looking at the egrip for the a-5... 90 dollars. it comes with the board and noid., although it is not electro pneumatic. its just electric. the noid his a pin and the pin travels and hits the sear. i was wondering how much the sear would need to travel in the mag. and how far the solenoid traveled in relation in the egrips.. because than you could just drop that in and not have to worry about an lpr. feedback would be great...

edit: oh ya, i dont know where you can get a stock cyborg board, but they are super tiny.

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 08:23 PM
well i was looking at the egrip for the a-5... 90 dollars. it comes with the board and noid., although it is not electro pneumatic. its just electric. the noid his a pin and the pin travels and hits the sear. i was wondering how much the sear would need to travel in the mag. and how far the solenoid traveled in relation in the egrips.. because than you could just drop that in and not have to worry about an lpr. feedback would be great...

edit: oh ya, i dont know where you can get a stock cyborg board, but they are super tiny.

The noid is a "panckae" if I remember correctly.

Wicked Air Sports (WAS) makes the boards for Tippmann. Tippmann boards are OEM and they are NOT upgradable. WAS boards are aftermarket and they ARE upgradable.

The sear in a mag needs the MINIMUM travel from resting to shot fired of 4.25mm
That information was taken from a post 3 years ago and it seemed to be correct for my installs.

Look for your travel to be MINIMUM of 5mm which will give you the "1/3" of an inch that Pneumagger says the sear must be from the ram in the MPA3 on his video.

Hyper frames and Boo-Yaah grips all use the same noid as the E-Grip from Tippmann. The solenoid will work.

I was going to do this,.. but in reality,.. its the slower of the 2 mods to do. Air is way easier to control via electronics in my humble opinion. Everyone is using air rather than bigger batteries. Look at the E-Mag,... if that was air,.. the battery and reg would be interally mounted.

You can do it, it will work. But I reccomend not persuing it as its not going to be what you want in the long run.

Good Luck!!! TAKE PICTURES!!!! :cheers:

magpump
03-10-2007, 08:25 PM
i was just putting it out there. pictures? LOL. if it works tho... jk. well why wouldnt it be what i wanted?

p8ntbal4me
03-10-2007, 08:54 PM
i was just putting it out there. pictures? LOL. if it works tho... jk. well why wouldnt it be what i wanted?

In the case of the A5,.. the setup they are using works.

They do sell a upgrade kit to EP the A5.

How is works Im unsure but I have seen it advertised.

The theory on the sear tripper is that the sear will never be as fast as the elec. noid controled valves.

Some on the AO are in fact working on an entirely new valve for the Mag as electronically controlled. The sear would be either limited or eliminated all together.

Sear tripper EP kits are good because instead of HUGE batteries and pancake or Emag noids, they use gas to operate the ram to apply the massive force to move the sear.

Look up how many shots you can get off a 9volt on a hyper frame. Best results are 15,000 shots TOPS.

Ask Coolhand what the Logic UMF EP gets per 9volt,... 15 cases. And that figure is what he says to be safe. I have heard they go higher than that.

See the difference? Once you get all the ION stuff in there, you would have spent the time in rspect building a EP mag top begin with.

I want the reg, 9volt, noid, and ram,..... all internal. It will happen ;)

I already have a way to "hide" the reg on an RT/RT Pto setup now. It requires 25 bucks worth of milling/cutting. But the result is a hidden reg with my EP kit to make basically a "sleeper RT". Just trying things out,... but it was an idea that will now give you guys an all internal EP kit.

Point I wanna make is TRY everything. Even if you agree with me on this "pancake" noid thing as not being a good idea,.. try it anyways. You might pickup something I missed and develope something that works.

Just wanted to tell you why I ment in another direction. :cheers:

magpump
03-10-2007, 09:05 PM
okay thanks for that.. im pretty sure if you can get a lpr and 9v to fit your good. there are some boards that are extremely small. ie cyborg... but i dunno where to get the stock board.