PDA

View Full Version : Now a Mini owner...

punkncat
03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
I went ahead and got one. I had wanted to wait for a while longer and see how they really held up but I could no longer resist. Got myself a dusted silver one. Its of the "post" recall release and has no issues. I am amazed, as it appears to be well built and performs quite consistantly. The all metal construction is a real plus for the price range as well.

geekwarrior
03-10-2007, 09:29 PM
congrats. :headbang:

I've had mine since Dec I think...wife still hasn't seen it :ninja:

StygShore
03-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Dont have mine yet... waiting for a red one to come in and they will call me....

don't even have it and almost caused a divorce already....

Styg

automikey
03-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I keep mine at my girlfriends house... really hope the wife doesn't see it. :ninja:

MANN
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
I keep mine at my girlfriends house... really hope the wife doesn't see it. :ninja:

:rofl:

punkncat
03-10-2007, 09:59 PM

QFT

CKY_Alliance
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
I finally held one today...and man I have to say they are way tooo smal..I would have to put one hand like half way up the barrel..bc the battery pack was too close..

geekwarrior
03-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I finally held one today...and man I have to say they are way tooo smal..I would have to put one hand like half way up the barrel..bc the battery pack was too close..

not that different than alot of guns (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1907328)

lasrsktr
03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
not that different than alot of guns (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1907328)

i agree... heres mine compared with my emag..

http://www.hostdub.com/albums/lasrsktr/IMG_6277.sized.jpg (http://www.hostdub.com/lasrsktr:IMG_6277)

CKY_Alliance
03-10-2007, 11:39 PM
That extra inch (give or take) in body length that most guns have on it..makes a big difference to me..that and the diameter...I dont know it just doesnt feel right in my hands..too compact.. was light and small though..

I thought of a great add for the mini today...they should hire me for marketing..

mag_lover05
03-10-2007, 11:41 PM
i want one i want one i want one

A-Tach-One
03-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I played with my dust silver mini today for the first time. I thought it performed and felt wonderful! It's a good buy in my opinion. :cheers:

Edit: Oh and my wife now knows about mine.

flyingpootang
03-12-2007, 01:03 AM
I played with my dust silver mini today for the first time. I thought it performed and felt wonderful! It's a good buy in my opinion. :cheers:

Edit: Oh and my wife now knows about mine.

About your mini or your girlfriend?? :rofl:

automikey
03-12-2007, 07:45 AM

He said "performed and felt wonderful" so I'm guessing he means the girlfriend... :D

spaz66777
03-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I love being single...I bought a Sydarm right after buying my mag with all the upgrades and then bought a Fender Telecaster. No wife to kill me...YET. :dance:

::edit spelling::

Chronobreak
03-12-2007, 02:45 PM
He said "performed and felt wonderful" so I'm guessing he means the girlfriend... :D

one of the funniest comments on AO in a while :rofl:

A-Tach-One
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't need a girlfriend, my wifes makes me happy enough. :D

Kloki1971
03-12-2007, 03:45 PM
She reads these posts doesn't she. ;)

etjoyride
03-12-2007, 04:04 PM
She reads these posts doesn't she. ;)

not until he starts laughing :rofl:

warbeak2099
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
My gf reads AO lol. She thinks we are hilarious. She also misses Triangle.

punkncat
03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
A quick pic of it....stock barrel stinks by the way.
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/927379/Mini002(Medium).jpg

captian pinky
03-12-2007, 08:04 PM
what thread feedneck and detents and barrel i forgot

punkncat
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
what thread feedneck and detents and barrel i forgot

Autococker on the barrel, but have no idea about the feedneck or detents. Works well so I have no intention of changing them.

RT Old School
03-12-2007, 08:17 PM
I've had mine for two weeks and it hasnt worked yet. It gushes air down the barrel. I lube the heck out of it, make sure the poppett is clean, assemble it correctly and it still wont run. Ive poured through the help pages on PBN and watched all the maintenance videos, still no go.

I actually got it to fire once this afternoon then it went into full auto mode at a weak velocity.

It sounds like I got one of the few bad ones, but I am very disappointed. Im fairly handy, am not afraid to take it apart to fix it, but I have worked on this thing for hours and am getting pissed.

StygShore
03-12-2007, 08:51 PM
check your board version..

And I think one of the posts over on PBN had the same exact problem - seem to think he complete disassembled the gun,a nd then put it all back together and it worked fine.

If I find the link I'll post it over here.

There just are not a lot of parts to the gun to have a problem with, so it either needs to go back, or it's something simple like clicking the noid 50 times or something.

Styg

RT Old School
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks, but I spend a helluva lot of time in the Invert forum on PBN. I've probably seen the thread. (if not created it)

I agree that there arent enough parts for anything to be seriously wrong. Its one reason why I am so frustrated.

Paintball Solutions is apparently sending me a shipping label tomorrow. They said to send it in.

It doesnt make me much happier...but I guess a working Mini after a months delay is better than no Mini at all

I have not been able to get a decent answer as to what people are accomplishing by "resetting the solenoid" with 50 clicks. Either the solenoid is reset or its not. Are they supposing that sometime in the 50 clicks the fault goes away never to return? I dont buy into that. If the solenoid is faulty, its faulty, and the problems will likely return.

punkncat
03-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I hate to hear about all these problems. Hopefully as they become more mainstream all that will be corrected. I am impressed enough at the moment that so long as it stays together my other markers will have to wait.....

geekwarrior
03-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I have not been able to get a decent answer as to what people are accomplishing by "resetting the solenoid" with 50 clicks. Either the solenoid is reset or its not. Are they supposing that sometime in the 50 clicks the fault goes away never to return? I dont buy into that. If the solenoid is faulty, its faulty, and the problems will likely return.

Have you tried clicking the noid? there's no need to click it 50 times, its not a magical number. But Manike himself told us that sometimes the noid needs to be reset. Turn on the gun without eyes or air, pull the trigger a few times. Than screw in your tank. If that doesnt help, you may just have a defective Mini.

d4m4don3
03-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks, but I spend a helluva lot of time in the Invert forum on PBN. I've probably seen the thread. (if not created it)

I agree that there arent enough parts for anything to be seriously wrong. Its one reason why I am so frustrated.

Paintball Solutions is apparently sending me a shipping label tomorrow. They said to send it in.

It doesnt make me much happier...but I guess a working Mini after a months delay is better than no Mini at all

Have you taken the solenoid apart? I was having similar issues until I tightened the solenoid screws.

RT Old School
03-13-2007, 07:23 AM
I was under the impression that the solenoid was the lowest replaceable unit, and that if it was bad, you just ordered a new one. I have not taken apart. I probably wont since PBS is taking it back to get up and running.

Ydna
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM
It's not click it 50 times, it's set the dwell to 50 and click it. Supposidely helps to reset the armature.

This is why I think a latching solenoid shouldn't be used in a pb gun. :tard:

geekwarrior
03-13-2007, 01:22 PM
It's not click it 50 times, it's set the dwell to 50 and click it. Supposidely helps to reset the armature.

This is why I think a latching solenoid shouldn't be used in a pb gun. :tard:

dwell at 50? never heard of that remedy.

RobAGD
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Its too small for my paw like hands.

Tore into one here at the shop and its rather simple, lots of features are very mag like but on a very differnt level.

The Blow Forward bolt and spring return are intresting as the have no internal seals like a mag bolt but uses outside orings running on the inside of the body. The "powert tube" carries a few orings as well.

The gas circuit has me a little confused even after looking at the animated gif, its not running the air right in the gif as far as I can tell.

I am not too keen on how you adjust velocity, changing chamber volumes to increse or decrese dwell is very intresting way to go about it.

Its an intresting design, shoudl be intresting as parts wear in and how well it will hold up on those wear surfaces.

the noid is an easy replacement just unthreads.

-R

geekwarrior
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
emptying my wallet again (http://www.goapeonline.com/) :wow: :cry: :clap:

Atach?

A-Tach-One
03-13-2007, 07:50 PM
emptying my wallet again (http://www.goapeonline.com/) :wow: :cry: :clap:

Atach?

Yes, Jim has a couple for me. ;)

madcrisis
03-13-2007, 08:33 PM
how does it track those things it says it does? i dont think the mini has an lcd screen so how does it display it?

StygShore
03-13-2007, 08:36 PM
it's like the stock board....

Shot count... 1243...1244....1245....124... bahhh!!! wait for it to finish, start all over......

Styg

geekwarrior
03-13-2007, 10:14 PM
how does it track those things it says it does? i dont think the mini has an lcd screen so how does it display it?

it has different color LEDs..you count the blinks

Ydna
03-13-2007, 11:38 PM
dwell at 50? never heard of that remedy.
Try it out. If you're having leaking problems you may wish to disassemble the solenoid if you haven't done so already (sorry, I didn't read the whole thread here).

The solenoid works in such a way that the armature is suspended in its housing by the magnetic fields around it. However if it gets pushed into the "firing" direction (down) it likes to stay there due to the way its designed. If you pressurize the gun with the armature in the downward/firing position, there'll be leaking major.

What you want is to push the armature down into the solenoid then pull up on it just slightly. You'll find it stays in the "up" position (I would call it "suspended"), then gently reinstall the top piece on there.

I'm working on a pictoral guide for this, because I'm sure others are running into the same issues...

paintballfiend
03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
That's it, I'm getting a Mini.