PDA

View Full Version : Barrels

Pzippy
03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Recently I've been looking at a better barrel for my Tac-One. I've heard good things about both the PPS Brass, and the Deadlywind Fibur barrel. If I got the Brass, it would be dual-vented.

So, now my question is "Which is quieter: A dual vented Brass, or a Fibur CF barrel?"

Thanks guys,

Pzippy

madcrisis
03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
im not sure on that question but i u want quiet get an endgame compression barrel. when ur looking at them its not a fake supressor it works like a charm. its very quiet and even more accurate.

DevilSpawned
03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Do the DW fibur barrels come with any inserts?

FiXeL
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
With a Tac-one you already have a very quiet marker... Everybody tells me how quiet my xmag is, and since the Tac-one has the same valve and lvl10 bolt, it should be quiet enough. I've shot with mulitple barrels (Dye ultralite, Redz Pepperstick, Lapco bigshot, All american, and some others) and today i used my new stiffi barrel. I really pleased with it because it can shoot through a break, what my other barrels didnt. After a ball breaks in the barrel, i shoot a couple of times and accuracy is good enough to continue play without swabbing. (.691 barrel with draxxus blaze going trough it)

Pzippy
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Do the DW fibur barrels come with any inserts?

You can order it with inserts or without.

Pneumagger
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
IMO, other than sound report, all barrels shoot marginally the same. The Fibur is just a light freak barrel system; the PPS brass barrel is a quality slick barrel.

If your looking for something quiet, I have to reccomend either a 14" or 16" all american freak system. It will give you bor sizing options and they are very quiet. If your really interested in weight savings go for the fibur (whichalso has bore options) - just be careful because carbon fiber isn't the toughest barrel material around.

The freak comes with inserts (at leat one usually) and the Fibur won't come with any inserts. As for the PPS barrel, they are great barrels and the brass bore is very smooth, but you have to take extra special care of brass to prevent tarnishing and scratching.

all are good barrels, but the ones with freakinserts will probably let you shoot more paint with better fit.

peewee
03-11-2007, 06:43 PM
IMO, other than sound report, all barrels shoot marginally the same. The Fibur is just a light freak barrel system; the PPS brass barrel is a quality slick barrel.

If your looking for something quiet, I have to reccomend either a 14" or 16" all american freak system. It will give you bor sizing options and they are very quiet. If your really interested in weight savings go for the fibur (whichalso has bore options) - just be careful because carbon fiber isn't the toughest barrel material around.

The freak comes with inserts (at leat one usually) and the Fibur won't come with any inserts. As for the PPS barrel, they are great barrels and the brass bore is very smooth, but you have to take extra special care of brass to prevent tarnishing and scratching.

all are good barrels, but the ones with freakinserts will probably let you shoot more paint with better fit.

I have been using the freak for years now with no compaints. Very quiet. The only barrel that I have used that was as quiet was an aci zero gravity barrel.

Pneumagger
03-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I have been using the freak for years now with no compaints. Very quiet. The only barrel that I have used that was as quiet was an aci zero gravity barrel.

I bought one of the 12" WWA Justice one piece barrels that accept freak inserts for like $45. Nice barrel, minimal porting and a 1" muzzle break totalling for 10" of solid barrel. I like it alot, had no breaks with it today and the very crisp pak pak pak pak.... :shooting: from an electro is really a nice change from the normal over-ported barrels.

SR_matt
03-11-2007, 07:27 PM
ive heard much good about PPS barrels, ive had good luck with their regs and from all the good ive heard im pretty sure the good is a consistant factor with them.

i personaly do not like freak inserts, the sizes are off from pretty much everyother kit i tried the same paint in and i have checked the other kits with a caliper and those where the ones that were correct to their number.

the best barrel ive shot is a dye one piece aluminium barrel (now out of production) they are about a 688 bore but dang its my favorite barrel. second favorite is the dye untralite.

the CF barrels are very light and seem to be quiet as a rule of thumb (should have been rule of wrist :p )but the cleaning is what gets to me (i have a CCM kit and it is hard to get totaly clean in game).

both barrels are good choices but they are not the most common barrels (that could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it). i would definatly suggest trying one out before you spend the money for the simple fact of how much they cost and the fact that the shape of barrels really makes a differance (some people can aim with a totaly smooth outside of their barrel others cant and need a lip or what ever). and the best advice..... barrels are 90% personal preferance

-matt