PDA

View Full Version : Reworking the air hose

GoldEagle
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey guys,

I ahve my TacOne airhose setup the stock way-the one where it makes the semicircle from the xvalve to the ASA. I was wondering, could I have it set up like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/goldeagle16/Taconehelp.jpg

1.)How do I find/get an air hose that short?

2.)Does the handle work as an expansion chamber or whatever for the Compressed Air? will it work if I put the hose from the ASA to the hole in the bottom of the handle?

Thanks.

fastev
03-11-2007, 04:29 PM
This picture should give you an idea of how to route your airlines...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/mattpace/current%20gear/rental%20mag/IMG_0038.jpg

GoldEagle
03-11-2007, 04:33 PM
This picture should give you an idea of how to route your airlines...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/mattpace/current%20gear/rental%20mag/IMG_0038.jpg
That isn't how I want it, though. Is there any way it can go like how I put it, under the gun?

Onryou
03-11-2007, 04:59 PM
If you want to only run one hose, you'll have to go with the half-circle you're talking about (from ASA to valve). If you want to run from an ASA to the foregrip (which is a gas-thru made by AGD), you'll have to run a second line from the vert asa (where the foregrip attatches) to the valve.

You don't have to use as much hosing as the mag fastev posted, but you will have to have an airling running along your body. Someone who does more modifications may come along and tell you differently but that's the easiest way.

ignore the pump, but this is closer to what i think you're talking about.
http://mk23.image.pbase.com/u10/sygyzy/large/7350137.IMG_0907.jpg

SithSteve
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Even if you run the air line from the ASA / On-Off to the bottom of the foregrip, you are still gonna need to run a line from ASA on the grip adapter to the valve. As for hose length, if you use macro line you can cut it meet whatever size you need.

However, I've seen hard lines (stainless steel) used and they look nice and clean (if done right that is). That might be something you can look into.

Here's an example of what I mean:
http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/redmag3.jpg

GoldEagle
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
As for hose length, if you use macro line you can cut it meet whatever size you need.
Can I take the Macro line off my gun and just cut it? What else do I need, like any clamps or anything?

Coralis
03-16-2007, 04:46 PM
To cut macro line all you need is a sharp blade like an exacto knife. You will also need a gas through grip or expansion chamber , I dont think the bicycle grip in the picture is gas through.

olinar
03-17-2007, 02:05 AM
youll need roughly 4 inches of whatever hose you want for running the asa to the foregrip and 3 inches from the foregrip to the valve. the bicycle grip is a gas thru and will work fine. i have the exact set up.you can actually cover up the hose with some heatshrink tubing. i was reluctant to use ss hose on my mag because the color is out of place but looks awesome with some heatshrink on it.

FIST2CUFF
03-17-2007, 06:42 AM
I just set up my Tac with macro line the way you are interested. It took about 6 inches of hose per piece to do it. I have ordered some steel braided hose that I will probably use in place of the macro line. If you are interested in steel braided line then check out www.paragonperformance.com Ask for Alex. They have great customer service.

StygShore
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I just set up my Tac with macro line the way you are interested. It took about 6 inches of hose per piece to do it. I have ordered some steel braided hose that I will probably use in place of the macro line. If you are interested in steel braided line then check out www.paragonperformance.com Ask for Alex. They have great customer service.

What pressure is their steel braided line rated too?

Styg

FIST2CUFF
03-17-2007, 02:40 PM
I really do not know but they produce braided lines for most anything including paintball. I have used a few lines from them in the past and never had a problem. I can find out though!

StygShore
03-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Oh ok, I posted before I saw the link for paintball specific stainless lines - used to always look for a company that made those, could never find them. Now that Steel braided line is on the outs, one shows up DOH!!!

Styg

FIST2CUFF
03-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I still sent an email asking about the pressure rating for the ss hose. By chance do you know (or anyone else) about what it should be? Now I would like to know just to know.

StygShore
03-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I still sent an email asking about the pressure rating for the ss hose. By chance do you know (or anyone else) about what it should be? Now I would like to know just to know.

working pressure of 1000 lbs plus should be sufficient for any paintball gun.

Styg

MANN
03-17-2007, 06:47 PM

How long of a piece are you needing?

FIST2CUFF
03-18-2007, 02:51 AM
GoldEagle started the thread and I was trying to help him. I already have some line on the way. I will have 2 lines, one from the asa to the bottem of the front grip and one from the top of the front grip to the vavle. I measured 6 3/16" for the bottem line and 6" for the top line. I was just curious about the max pressure for ss line, just to know.

p8ntbal4me
03-18-2007, 04:19 AM
working pressure of 1000 lbs plus should be sufficient for any paintball gun.

Styg

Dont know for sure, but isnt SS hose just macro line with a shield around it?

CaliMagFan
03-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Dont know for sure, but isnt SS hose just macro line with a shield around it?

pretty sure you're right.

Soopa Villain17
03-18-2007, 03:22 PM
pretty sure you're right.

ive got a bunch , ill cut one in half.

FIST2CUFF
03-18-2007, 07:00 PM
When I mention ss line I am refering to stainless steel braided line which is usually silver in color (but can be obtained in other colors) and some cover it with black shrink tubing to camo it. Macro line is airline that is made of a type of plastic and comes in different colors. The macro line is easier because you can cut it to length yourself. Steel braided line is much tougher but has to be produced in specific legnths.

ProblemKinder
03-19-2007, 02:46 AM
go here (http://www.angelfire.com/anime/anime1084/paintball/index.album/with-thorn?i=1) and you will see three pictures. the one with the mask in it is a real picture, and it's how my gun is set up right now. the other two are photoshopped renditions of what I'm thinking about doing to my gun. anywho, in all three pictures you see my air setup the way you're talking about. from ASA to forgrip, then back to the valve. i personally really like the way it looks that way, as apposed to the big half circle, one piece setup from ASA straight to valve. hope this helps. :)