PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Xvalve

LFD92
03-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Okay. I received this Xvalve from a seller and I hadn't used it yet. It is used.

I purchased an Xvalve parts kit from TMS and I'm rebuilding it slowly but surely. I have to. This pukes air down the barrel.

When installing it for the first time in my ULE body it leaked down the barrel. Pulling the trigger did nothing to hit the on/off or at least it seemed. I took it apart, replaced the carrier o-ring and power tube tip o-ring. This does have a levelX installed.

I then moved onto the on/off. I took it out and I can't get the top of the base to gain access to the interior o-ring. Also, I can't find an exploded view of the on/off because I think (but am probably wrong) that there is supposed to be 2 orings visible from the outside: one on the base and one at the top. There isn't one at the top. Is there supposed to be?

Can someone please give an Xvalve nOOb some guidance? I've read through the forums and the posts and tried my best to follow the advice given to others but it doesn't seem to work.

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated....

Coralis
03-12-2007, 06:07 PM
AGD online manual (http://www.airgun.com/downloads/retroexploded1.pdf) here is the manual so you can see how to tech your new valve. The on/off valve should unscrew so yo can access the inner O ring . Usually an air leak down the barrel is the power tube Oring or the on/off orings that sit down in the body of the valve. Since its used you probably want to make sure your not missing parts.

LFD92
03-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks Coralis. I didn't realize that the RT and Xvalve had the same manuals. I knew they had the same on/offs. Perhaps I'll just buy a ULT kit since my marker is out getting anoed right now anyway.

Judging by the diagram I am missing an o-ring on the on/off that sits on the top. This would explain the pissing of air down the barrel. I had suspected this but without some sort of concrete proof I wasn't going to assume and mess something up.

Now, is it the smallest o-ring included with the parts kit or the next size up? I tried the smallest size and the on/off pin wouldn't reset. I have to remove the body with the valve attached and depress the pin while sliding the valve out of the body.

I would still appreciate any other ideas.

Thanks!