PDA

View Full Version : Regulator

chadlh
03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm just new to the automag and paintball in general ... just waiting for my used RT Pro to arrive. I was wondering if a Smart Parts Max-Flo Air Pressure Regulator is an appropriate regulator for a HPA setup? I just noticed that there are also two models.. Inline and Minifold which do I need?

Coralis
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Pretty much any regulator that outputs around 800 psi is acceptable .... though for maximum reactivity i believe 1000 psi is recommended

nickel_q
03-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I was looking for a similar setup. With a 48/3000 and a maxflow could I be able to rapid fire without the risk of starving the marker?

Dewok82
03-16-2007, 06:26 PM
If you're going to go with an older Max Flo, either manifold or inline, make SURE it has the high pressure spring, reg body, and piston.

Contrary to popular belief, there is more to changing the output pressure of the older Max Flos than just springs. Although many people would combine high pressure springs with low pressure pistons and vise-versa for mixed mid-range output systems.

Here is a link you might find helpful.
ZDS Paintball Max-Flo Comparison (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/regs/comparison.html)

There is also a TON of other useful info for Max Flos, SP products, and paintball gear/tech in general.
The site's owner/admin (Ydna) is also a great overall asset to the paintball community and contributes his extensive knowledge on many forums (including AO).

With a 48/3000 HIGH PRESSURE OUTPUT Max Flo, you'll be fine, but you won't get many shots.
Automags aren't known for their efficiency......

nickel_q
03-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I have an Rt pro ULE, XValve, ult.
Right now Im using a 48/3000 tank with a 800 psi preset output.
New maxflows are not adjustable and have a preset at 800psi.

Wouldnt it be better if I could adjust to a higher output for my RT with x valve?

The only thing available at my local shop is a maxflow, i might order something else from the internet, but I dont know much about regs. If Someone has a good setup he uses or used to have (Like What tank/reg combination works well) it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Coralis
03-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Crossfire regs and Gorilla air are supposed to be excellent regs from what others have said about them.