PDA

View Full Version : Best Barrel

PlayDoe
03-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Friends...I need some advice. I am looking for the best automag barrel. I played on sunday and found my 16" all american was shooting in every direction except straight. It was the first time I was using it. So is it the barrel the problem? Or is the problem between the keyboard and my chair?

ottomobile
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
The stock barrel with no porting will give you the best efficency as far a shots per tank. Are you using a twist lock or A/C thread?

If twistlock check to make sure the barrel orings and the lock pin are good and holding steady.

And I know this sounds simple, but check the inside of the barrel. Any moisture, dirt or knicks will affect how strait your shoot. If it rough, clean and polish the inside of it.

Also check your paint. Dimpled, old or cheap paint generally isn't as accurate.

StygShore
03-13-2007, 09:19 AM
PEBKAC

Probably a bad paint to barrel match, seems like paint is getting smaller and smaller these days, and most of the Mag backed AA's were HUGE bore, like .693ish I believe.

If you always shoot the same paint, get a barrel that has a bore roughly equivalent to the average size of that paint. If you shoot all kinds of crap, get a kit with sizers.

Styg

Mongoose
03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Friends...I need some advice. I am looking for the best automag barrel. I played on sunday and found my 16" all american was shooting in every direction except straight. It was the first time I was using it. So is it the barrel the problem? Or is the problem between the keyboard and my chair?

Look into SLY

Enhander
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Dye UL or Sly

CaliMagFan
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
styg is right... those AA's were big.. i thnk i have a 12 or 14... i used to shoot a lot of nelson anarchy paint.. that seemed to be a good fit.

Drego
03-13-2007, 09:07 PM

Play,

I bought a Tac One with the included J&J barrel and it sucked. Reason for this was due to a mismatch of paint I had available. The J&J barrel is a huge bore barrel and all the paint available to me was medium bore size. Short story summarized, barrel breaks and paint shooting every which way but straight. I went out and bought the Dye boomstick and i love it for it's consistent accuracy when shooting Diablo paint through it. I was able to find my paint to bore match through Otter (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html) and the front is perhaps a bit heavier then I prefer. If you got the deneros, buy the Dye ULT series barrel.