PDA

View Full Version : Help me set up my scenario gun :)

Al_Steel
03-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

Here's what I have right now:

Automag RT Pro (X valve, lvl 7), hi-rise center feed, CP ASA.. basically a stock setup
Classic Mag, Retro Valve, lvl 7, left side feed, 32 deg drop forward.. this gun has a chrome main body and a green splash anno'd grip frame and rail.

The classic was my first mag. It was in rough shape when I bought it. I rebuilt the valve/bolt, cleaned it up and it shoots like a dream. Played my first game with it last summer and have been hooked on mags ever since. :headbang: I picked up the RT Pro soon after b/c I couldn't pass up the deal.

I want to setup at least one of these markers for a rec-ball. I usually play front.. waaay out in front so I need to be able shoot fast and move. I go in loaded light (4+1 harness at the most) so that I can maneuver as fast as possible. Therefore the gun needs to be light and maneuverable too. It also need to be REAL tough and reliable. I mean tough. Like can take crawling through the mud, bushes, snow, etc and then come up shooting. It has to be able to endure rain, snow, dirt, humidity, heat and cold b/c the game goes on in all weather conditions. :D

With that in mind here's what I was thinking:

For the RT Pro:
Warp feed Tac-One mainbody
Bladed Intelliframe
ULE Tirgger
Q-Loader
BSA 1x Dot Sight for Picitanny rail
SP barrel
CP Drop forward w/4500PSI tank (prob 68CI)
Maybe do a lvl 10 bolt upgrade

I saw one set up similar to this and it looked real sweet. Very low profile.

I wanted to go with a warp feed fed with a Halo or Rico but I don't think water/snow/rain etc is a good idea with all those electronic parts. Ditto for a e-mag trigger.

Any other suggestions? I'm a n00b at modding mags so excuse my ignorance.

Thanks in advance!

Thanna
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Well you can still get the emag trigger. It just holds the rare earth magnets to trigger the HES sensor... no electronics unless you wanted to get an emag. I haven't played an emag in bad weather, so I don't know how well they hold up :P

Al_Steel
03-14-2007, 10:16 AM
So the E-mag trigger won't have a problem getting wet? Just wondering b/c I have waded in waist deep water with a Tippman, tripped, got the marker dunked and was still able to shoot it after I shook out the water. The balls needed to be dumped but at least I didn't have to leave the field to go dry out the gun.

Any other suggestions, I REALLY want to set this marker up before the season gets rolling this year.

Thanks!

Soopa Villain17
03-14-2007, 10:25 AM
one way of cleaning your mech mag is dunking it in a bathtub or something with clean water and dry firing. make sure you dry it good though.

Thanna
03-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Well I was just talking about the actual trigger itself. No electronics; the electrical components of the emag aren't waterproof. If you get confident at modding you mag, you might consider a DIY pneumatic trigger setup. A pnuemag can get wet fine and still function.

Al_Steel
03-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Well I was just talking about the actual trigger itself. No electronics; the electrical components of the emag aren't waterproof. If you get confident at modding you mag, you might consider a DIY pneumatic trigger setup. A pnuemag can get wet fine and still function.

Ahhh, I thought about the pneumag mod. Anyone know if the pneumag setup is durable or is it more of a speedball mod?

Thanna
03-14-2007, 02:25 PM
To be honest, you're probably fine without the pneu-mod if you're setting it up for recball. It's only one more thing that would make it "nicer". But if you keep it simple... less things to go wrong on the field.

p.s. hmmm. I'm thinking that the pneumatic mod would be durable if you set it up right, but that's more tinkering :D

Doobie
03-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Sounds to me like your on the right track. I would add an adjustable air system. (I suggest the Center Flag Dynaflow) You can jack the input psi up to around 900-1000 and really get the ULT/RT combo humming! I can walk Trina's set up just like an electro! :shooting:

Al_Steel
03-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Sounds to me like your on the right track. I would add an adjustable air system. (I suggest the Center Flag Dynaflow) You can jack the input psi up to around 900-1000 and really get the ULT/RT combo humming! I can walk Trina's set up just like an electro! :shooting:

Nice! That's what I'm talking about. So a ULT + Hi input pressure = hi BPS.

I just saw Zak Vetter's site to get a Mag to RF and I'm all over this:

1. An Automag With An RT Valve - Check
2. A High Pressure, Adjustable, High-Flow Tank System - On the way
3. A Forcefeed Loading System - Check, have a Halo, but thinking about a "Q" for the "no batteries required" aspect.

Nonessential (But Highly Recommended) Stuff
4. AGD's Level 10 Anti-Chop Bolt System - On the list
5. A Blade or 2 Finger Trigger Frame - Check

So basically I can get a crazy ROF with the setup I have. Worth noting is that nowhere does he mention a ULT? Is it just not necessary if you got a high PSI reg or will you get even better results with a ULT, perhaps even get the same results with a lower pressure (= better gas efficiency)?

Thanks!

Doobie
03-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Nice! That's what I'm talking about. So a ULT + Hi input pressure = hi BPS.

I just saw Zak Vetter's site to get a Mag to RF and I'm all over this:

1. An Automag With An RT Valve - Check
2. A High Pressure, Adjustable, High-Flow Tank System - On the way
3. A Forcefeed Loading System - Check, have a Halo, but thinking about a "Q" for the "no batteries required" aspect.

Nonessential (But Highly Recommended) Stuff
4. AGD's Level 10 Anti-Chop Bolt System - On the list
5. A Blade or 2 Finger Trigger Frame - Check

So basically I can get a crazy ROF with the setup I have. Worth noting is that nowhere does he mention a ULT? Is it just not necessary if you got a high PSI reg or will you get even better results with a ULT, perhaps even get the same results with a lower pressure (= better gas efficiency)?

Thanks!

Yeah, Zak's site is great! I havn't checked his site in a while so I don't know if he uses a ULT or not. An RT valve will get crazy rapid fire with a high input PSI. The ULT, in my opinion, will get you a better feel for that Sweet spot. :dance: