PDA

View Full Version : What the heck happened to Odyssey?

Corbet
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I have a Halo B hopper with stripped screws. I was looking to see if this was covered under my warrenty (its less then a year old). I did a google search and it seems like Odyssey's site has turned into a paintball store?

What's the deal? What should I do?

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-13-2007, 09:33 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/
This site?
They must've merged or got bought out.

http://www.angrypaintball.com/halo-hardware-p-111.html
These Screws?

neppo1345
03-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Pretty sure NPS bought the patents for the Halo.

Hence the lawsuit over the pulse.

Corbet
03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Those are the screws but the problem is actually unscrewing them without ruining the plastic case.

neppo1345
03-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't think it'll be covered under any warranty as stripped screws are most always the fault of the owner.

Corbet
03-13-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't think it'll be covered under any warranty as stripped screws are most always the fault of the owner.

I disagree. If I can unscrew all of the screws except for 3 there is obviously a problem with quality control.

StygShore
03-14-2007, 12:36 AM
welcome to the cheap materials the Halo is built from.... if they still did events, you could probably get it fixed there, as all they did all day was fix broken shells and flash boards with new code.

Now that the Halo is NPS property, get your wallet out.

Styg

t0nnn
03-14-2007, 07:13 AM
i remember when nps used to be cool ...when they started in a brown warehouse years ago 10 minutes down the rd. ...gino's the man ...just kidding :rofl:

Bartman
03-14-2007, 10:30 AM
i remember when nps used to be cool ...when they started in a brown warehouse years ago 10 minutes down the rd. ...gino's the man ...just kidding :rofl:

I rember before that, when he sold brass eagle pumps out the back door of his dads pizza shop ,

Bartman

BigEvil
03-14-2007, 10:37 AM
I rember before that, when he sold brass eagle pumps out the back door of his dads pizza shop ,

Bartman

And look at him now... :wow:

don miguel
03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
hmm, yeah, the Illiad has been getting way more press lately. Too bad for the odessy. he he, latin class humor. :p

Yeah I dumped my Halo for a vlocity, more available parts.

ahellers
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
hmm, yeah, the Illiad has been getting way more press lately. Too bad for the odessy. he he, latin class humor. :p

that made me want to vomit... :tard:
t

Corbet
03-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Can someone please explain what you're all talking about?

Angry paintball said they'd service it but have to charge me. I could just get the new 3 screw hybrid shells from their site for $50 but does anyone know if it is worth it? I really don't feel like dumping more money into my hopper. ugh.

StygShore
03-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Sorry got off track about how much National Paintball suply who bought out Halo/Odysee have went down hill.

Are the screw heads stripped out on your Halo, or the nut itself is stuck on there and turning inside the body?

My suggestion would be to get a new set of shells for the halo from this guy. He has some nice ones, and is in the dealer secion - I got mine from him , and couldnt be happier

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202203

Corbet
03-14-2007, 02:03 PM
The screw heads are stripped.

With the link you provided: are those the same weight/size as the Halo ones? Does it include hardware?

StygShore
03-14-2007, 02:11 PM
roughly same size and weight, hardware is provided with them.

You could always drill out screws either from the head or nut side and go to a hardware and get the proper replacements for them, that woudl be your cheapest method.

Styg

Russ
03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Corbet,

Look HERE (http://pbloverz.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=433)

I also have a few Halo battery holders...I'm sure we could work something out if you need one :cool:

~W.!.C.K.E.D~
03-14-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.haloloader.com/_site06/index.html

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-14-2007, 05:54 PM
That site was quite hard to find, maybe I just wasn;t paying attention

Ole Unka Phil
03-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Well first they screwed all their dealers by shorting them product while negotiating with NPS to sell the product to NPS for way less than they ever sold to their dealers. Then NPS started selling them CHEAPER than their regular dealers could even buy them for.... then they sold out all together because why not? They had no other buyers but NPS. While what little product their faithfull dealers got near they end they had to then sell at a loss to get their money back because people would just go to NPS and get em cheaper if you didn't.

Typcal Paintball business as it has become. It is no gentelmans game anymore. A perfect example of why Tom decided to get out of it? I think so...

Russ
03-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Well first they screwed all their dealers by shorting them product while negotiating with NPS to sell the product to NPS for way less than they ever sold to their dealers. Then NPS started selling them CHEAPER than their regular dealers could even buy them for.... then they sold out all together because why not? They had no other buyers but NPS. While what little product their faithfull dealers got near they end they had to then sell at a loss to get their money back because people would just go to NPS and get em cheaper if you didn't.

Typcal Paintball business as it has become. It is no gentelmans game anymore. A perfect example of why Tom decided to get out of it? I think so...

Damn, that sucks! :mad:

What's the "hopper to have" these days?