PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Question

ryanbrantley
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
So.. I bought my Automag RT from AGD about 3 years ago and requested the Level 10 Bolt Kit amongst numerous other upgrades. The Lvl 10 should have been installed on the RT at the factory, right?

I've been having problems with chopping balls a good bit and I'm wondering if perhaps they just gave me the Lvl 10 kit and didn't install it...

georgeyew
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Look at this link: http://www.airgun.com/Products/lvl10.shtml

Does your bolt look like what is in the diagram? If so, you have the Level 10.

ryanbrantley
03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't know. I haven't taken the gun apart. I think it's installed since the Lvl 10 package doesn't have the supper bolt in it (must be in the gun) and only has two mainsprings (package says it included three)

Hmm... what's to be done about the chopping then? I had a warpfeed.. wonder if that has anything to do with it. I've been considering getting the ULE Vertical feed...

Drego
03-13-2007, 10:20 PM
So.. I bought my Automag RT from AGD about 3 years ago and requested the Level 10 Bolt Kit amongst numerous other upgrades. The Lvl 10 should have been installed on the RT at the factory, right?

I've been having problems with chopping balls a good bit and I'm wondering if perhaps they just gave me the Lvl 10 kit and didn't install it...

Ryan,

From my experience, quality of paint to barrel match is where to begin. Secondly, the Lvl10 comes with the additional springs to match up for any "chopping" that may occur from what the AGD tech told me and requires fine tuning with shims added or removed from the Lvl10. Take the valve out and look at what pieces you hold in your hand and that will definitively tell you what you got or dont. If in question, best advice is to contact AGD directly.

athomas
03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
How much have you been using your mag? The bolt spring is a consumable item that needs periodic replacing. You should be able to get about 30 - 40000 shots before the spring gets weakened. A weakened spring can cause chopping.

AGD uses generic tuning when installing a level 10 bolt. You can fine tune it better yourself. Remove all powertube shims. Use the short brass looking bolt spring. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak (trial and error). You can test fit the carrier and oring first to get a feel for the correct size before you go larger or smaller depending on your results. Always use the same oring when changing carrier sizes. Once you get the correct carrier size, install the middle (red) bolt spring. Don't forget to increase the velocity setting back up to the correct velocity. Don't worry about the shims. Many of us never use them and have never had problems.

Using paint that is to large for the bore of the barrel is another big source of breakage which can't be prevented by the level 10. The paint should barely touch on two points in the barrel and you should be able to blow it through the barrel with a slight puff of breath. Any larger than that and you could have problems with brittle paints.

ryanbrantley
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to look into the easiest thing first and make sure I'm using a good paint / barrel match.