PDA

View Full Version : Help. Identify this Rail.

RabidFuzzle
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Not too familiar with all of the after market rails available for Mags these days. Could somebody please tell me what rail this is and possibly an expected sale price for it? Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Pics:
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/gromhild/rail002.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/gromhild/rail001.jpg

Fuzz:bounce:

CoolHand
03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Logic Alpha rail.

No idea on retail price.

Yup, that's one of the newer Alpha's.

Retail was $70 when they were available.

That one's in good shape, so it shouldn't be hard to sell at all.

:cheers:

Pneumagger
03-14-2007, 12:12 AM
To add to the information, I do believe it was the lightest of all production rails, beating out the ULE dallara by a hair. Also, they are not in production anymore, so you have a nice condition rare rale there sir!

/I'll take it for $25 :ninja:

ProblemKinder
03-14-2007, 12:48 AM
does that rail use RT sear? or the classic automag sear?

Pneumagger
03-14-2007, 12:50 AM
does that rail use RT sear? or the classic automag sear?

that rail is cut from the AGD Classic rail, so it uses a classic sear like other classic based custom rails (dallara).

Lenny
03-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Fuzz! If you're selling, PM me!!! Please? It'll look totally wicked on my EP Automag. :ninja:

If you're not, sweet find! Ryan made some sweet stuff back in the day. Then he got a "real" job... :rolleyes:

p8ntbal4me
03-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah if your selling that bad boy let me know.

I lost bidding on one in ebay.

Nice looking rail!

RabidFuzzle
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the help and information. This will most likely be going up for sale shortly but on a whole marker.

Fuzz:bounce:

Thordic
03-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Makes my Omega rail look like a fatty at 4 ounces :)

warbeak2099
03-15-2007, 09:21 AM
that rail is cut from the AGD Classic rail, so it uses a classic sear like other classic based custom rails (dallara).

They weren't cut from Classic rails, they were made from scratch. But they were obviously made using AGD specs. Otherwise they wouldn't work.

CoolHand
03-15-2007, 07:10 PM
As I recall, the majority (~99%, just a guess) were made from scratch. In the beginning, he was offering it as a service, and cutting them from (AGD) rails that were sent to him by the user.

The easiest way to distinguish is to look at the Z-Groove in the rail. If its straight(like the one in the pic), it was made from scratch. If it is the zig-zag Z-groove, its an AGD Classic rail.

Yup, that's right.

I started cutting them from AGD rails that people would send in, but I quickly found that working on 10-15 yr old parts was at best a crap shoot, and at worst, a nightmare.

So I had some extrusions squeezed and started from scratch with the production Alphas.

I've never had one end up in a customer's hands that wouldn't function or fit correctly. I had about five or six that got the hell anodized out of them, so much so that the sear axles wouldn't fit anymore. But after cleanup and reano, they functioned correctly as well. Rails aren't THAT hard to build correctly, you just have to pay attention, and inspect the parts before they ship.

punkncat
03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Yup, that's right.

I started cutting them from AGD rails that people would send in, but I quickly found that working on 10-15 yr old parts was at best a crap shoot, and at worst, a nightmare.

So I had some extrusions squeezed and started from scratch with the production Alphas.

I've never had one end up in a customer's hands that wouldn't function or fit correctly. I had about five or six that got the hell anodized out of them, so much so that the sear axles wouldn't fit anymore. But after cleanup and reano, they functioned correctly as well. Rails aren't THAT hard to build correctly, you just have to pay attention, and inspect the parts before they ship.

Yeah it would be really *** kicking if you would decide to do them again..... :ninja: