PDA

View Full Version : Automag Maintenance Frequency

Dealaman
01-03-2002, 11:19 PM
How often should I have to keep up my mag and how often should it have problems with orings, valves, etc.. It has had two problems in two games so far and I have to keep it up often. How often d oeveryone elses mags break down and stuff? Thanks

Carson

PowderdToastMan
01-04-2002, 12:22 AM
what kind of problems are you having? what do you meen by "breaking down"? most problems are cause by a bad o-ring or a pt spacer. if you havent yet, get a power-tube spacer kit. I oil my gun once a week and do a full cavity search to make sure everythings ok. You shouldent have too many problems with your mag, AGD's products are very reliable....

DaXtremeist
01-04-2002, 08:18 AM
mags like to be oiled so i normally oil my mag up the night before by putting a few drops in the valve where it says oil. then you dry fire the gun without any paint to cycle the oil through the gun to oil up all the orings and thats your maintnance. and its always nice to have an automag parts kit around. ocasionally you will have to replace the reg seat,and powertube oring. other then that don't change any of the internals to something other then AGD. otherwise mags are excellent guns ive had mine for several years now about 4 or 5 and only a couple problems but that is just due to the reg seat.

Dealaman
01-05-2002, 01:38 PM
I dont mean break down literally, i mean leaks and stuff. Thanks a ton. I'll oil my gun frequently.

[NA]WARLORD
01-05-2002, 03:54 PM
Make sure you remove the barrel before dry firing the oil thru it. This will ensure no oil build-up in your barrel, reducing your accuracy....

Xzion
01-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Firstoff, where it says "-OIL-" on the bottom of the valve, dont bother oiling there, it doesnt really do much, the best way, and only way you really need to oil the gun is to put a few drops in the ASA and cycle it a dozen or so times with the barrel off, anyone wants to argue with me, tell it to the AGD tech that told me not to bother with the -OIL- holes, and put it in the ASA :D

DaXtremeist
01-06-2002, 06:52 AM
yah i oil mine there alot to cuz the oil usually overflows outa those little holes : ) same place i oil on just about every gun i own.

alf
01-06-2002, 10:08 PM
i shot my minimag valve for the first time since i bought it used (prolly hadnt been shot in a year BEFORE that), oiled it...gassed it up...it leaked for about the first 10-15 shots...then, oil got around and all the leaks stopped...lol...ref even came over to say that it didnt sound good and to extoll the virtues of autocockers, till it stopped leaking...i acted like i knew what i was doing, and said "yeah, it just needed a little oil to make the orings seal"

lol