PDA

View Full Version : PM6 Trajectory Problems

Glickman
03-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Long time no see AO, college has kept me occupied ;)

Anyway, even after tweaking my pm6 for hours on end (especially the dwell), changing out o-rings, and letting other techs look at it, i cant get rid of the pretty bad slope on it. it doesn't seem like there are any leaks, or under-pressurization, it just seems that after 50ft, it drops very rapidly. I've tried many different paints, and the result is all the same.

I've heard stories of this being the case with proto's, but not to this extent. I wouldn't bother if this didn't affect playing performance either, so any kind of suggestions/critique is greatly appreciated like always.

ps, this isnt FSDO, and i tried different barrel sizes for paint to barrel matching

Thanks in advance!

jenarelJAM
03-15-2007, 02:42 AM
So... the shots are dropping off?

Check your velocity?

Evil Bob
03-15-2007, 02:43 AM
sounds like a spinning problem most likely caused by how the air is coming out of the bolt face.

-EB

Glickman
03-15-2007, 09:20 AM
sounds like a spinning problem most likely caused by how the air is coming out of the bolt face.

-EB

Thats pretty interesting, i've never heard of that before.

ill check and see if there is any gunk that would block the air passage.

Army
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
The air equalizes at the rear of the ball, normal bolts cannot induce any spin. Even the Cooper T failed to spin the ball with anything close to consistent.

Switch barrels. Somewhere in its travel down the freebore, the ball is hitting the side with too much friction.

Glickman
03-15-2007, 10:29 AM
The air equalizes at the rear of the ball, normal bolts cannot induce any spin. Even the Cooper T failed to spin the ball with anything close to consistent.

Switch barrels. Somewhere in its travel down the freebore, the ball is hitting the side with too much friction.

i play around with my freak set and maybe borrow a few barrels i guess.

i did look at the detents down the breach and one is noticeably more worn down, could this possibly have an effect?

LFD92
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
The detents could cause that problem. Is one stiffer than the other so that when the ball gets passed through the detents it gets "hung up"?

I may replace/rebuild them and see if that makes any difference.

Good luck!