PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tom... About the Panther

robertsr1811
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Is there some sort of NDA involved with it? I've never seen any photos or heard any description of it other than "some sort of blowback".

I'm really interested in it from a historical standpoint and would love to get any info about it you could remember/disclose to add to the VintageRex online historical database.

Thanks!

AGD
03-15-2007, 06:28 PM
There are no secrets about it. It had a hammer valve like any other stacked tube blow back but we connected the front bolt to the hammer with a rod going down the center of the power tube. I have been into single tube designs from the beginning. Only took the industry 15 years to catch up.

AGD

zazzoo
03-15-2007, 06:43 PM
There are no secrets about it. It had a hammer valve like any other stacked tube blow back but we connected the front bolt to the hammer with a rod going down the center of the power tube. I have been into single tube designs from the beginning. Only took the industry 15 years to catch up.

AGD
This should go in the tom facts thread :D

y0da900
03-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Sounds similar to one that Lovecraft found and showed us on the Tinker's Guild recently. It's amazing how often something comes out (Onyx) and is presented as completely new and original, when it is just a spin on something that was around and long gone before most people started playing.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/9013/message/1173446228/Strange+INLINE+valve

AGD
03-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Interesting.... That Daystate gun is almost exactly like the Panther internally. Funny I have never seen it before.

AGD

SCpoloRicker
03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Pre-order in black. :ninja: