PDA

View Full Version : eBay: What lies some people tell

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I came across this message written in the description section of an ebay auction for a Micromag, power feed, x-valve, and what I THINK is an TMS Ultra light frame w/ stickies.

Im not bashing the auction for its price, its ebay and you may do with what you please for a price you want.

But come on,..... these are commonly sold to new players that get told to "if you want an easy beginners gun thats cheap, get an AGD gun" from "THAT other place".

Just read it,.... I was laughing at first,... then I was kinda mad at the lies.

"I AM SELLING THIS FOR A BUDDY, THIS IS A PRO TEAM MICROMAG, SOMEWHAT OF A RARE GUN, ALL FRESHLY TUNED WITH AN X VALVE AND ULTRA LITE TRIGGER AND AN INTELIFRAME WITH DYE STICKIES. MARKER WILL ALSO COME WITH DROP FORWARD AND 3000 PSI HP TANK, PAST ITS HYDRO DATE BUT NOBODY CHECKS AND IT WORKS PERFECT. MARKER WILL ALSO COME WITH TO EXTRA BARRELS, A 16" ARMSON AND A SMART PARTS TEARDROP. THIS IS THE FASTEST MECHANICAL MARKER AND IS OUTLAWED IN TOURNAMENT PLAY BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO LIMIT IT TO ONLY 15BPS!!!X VALVE IS $300 ALONE AND INTELLI FRAME IS ANOTHER $100. THIS MARKER IS A BARGAIN AT THE BUY IT NOW PRICE. THIS MARKER WAS ORIGANAALY MADE BY AIRGUN DESIGNS AND STARTED LIFE AS AN AUTOMAG / MINIMAG / XMAG "

I LOVE the part about the hydro date. Now thats something to teach a new player about safety!

robnix
03-15-2007, 05:29 PM
My current favorite mag ad, the price kills me:

Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Automag-Ans-Paintball-Gun-RARE_W0QQitemZ260096538155QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)

zazzoo
03-15-2007, 05:53 PM
My current favorite mag ad, the price kills me:

Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/Automag-Ans-Paintball-Gun-RARE_W0QQitemZ260096538155QQcategoryZ16048QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting)
I think he lowered it I though it was 500 when he first listed it who knows I may of mis read
But either way doesnt matter :p

Ole Unka Phil
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Well.... its not a PTP Micromag anyway. It has several things that are interesing. But that is a normal Automag Hopper Left SS body. Then it has an ANS rail (I think thats it) and then the AGD Valve reg has been replaced with an ANS Phase II one on a regular Automag valve. A peice of junk history the ANS Phase II was... although some of them worked fairly well. The rail is hard to find. Tunaman had the last ones of those around for a while. But that is not a PTP Micromag. It is just a real modified/dressed up Automag. It's worth about $300 to the right buyer I would think.

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Well.... its not a PTP Micromag anyway. It has several things that are interesing. But that is a normal Automag Hopper Left SS body. Then it has an ANS rail (I think thats it) and then the AGD Valve reg has been replaced with an ANS Phase II one on a regular Automag valve. A peice of junk history the ANS Phase II was... although some of them worked fairly well. The rail is hard to find. Tunaman had the last ones of those around for a while. But that is not a PTP Micromag. It is just a real modified/dressed up Automag. It's worth about $300 to the right buyer I would think.

Your right.

But my posted description of an ebay auction was not the same one as he posted.

You bring up another good point. You know what is and what is not good or bad about the gun from either the picture or the description.

Im not killing someones choice to post what they want, but tell the truth and dont say things that can hurt someone!

I have sold 2 out of date bottles on a private sale. Both sales were offered to get the bottle re-hydro'ed and just tack the $35 bucks on the sale and include the proof of purchase. 1 guy wanted it, 1 guy didnt.

You cant make someone NOT use an out of date bottle unless you are a field with safety and just doing good business in mind. Telling someone "dont worry about it, no one checks", is just crazy. Not that I hope bad things on someone, but if ANYTHING happens to the person that bought that bottle and it got traced back to the seller, I would hope that they guy lost everything he owned, even his freedom.

I had to stop playing at a field because I felt it was un-safe to play where out of date bottles were being used. 1 year later,.. field was slapped with a nice fine, insurance rates went up Im sure, paint prices went up a few bucks. NOW,.. they check bottles RELIGIOUSLY.

Ive seen a few other ones that were just as bad,... they didnt say "dont worry about it" though. :tard:

Ole Unka Phil
03-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Your right.

But my posted description of an ebay auction was not the same one as he posted.

LOL... well.. that sure threw me all off then. Nevermind! :p

craltal
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
I came across this message written in the description section of an ebay auction for a Micromag, power feed, x-valve, and what I THINK is an TMS Ultra light frame w/ stickies.

Im not bashing the auction for its price, its ebay and you may do with what you please for a price you want.

But come on,..... these are commonly sold to new players that get told to "if you want an easy beginners gun thats cheap, get an AGD gun" from "THAT other place".

Just read it,.... I was laughing at first,... then I was kinda mad at the lies.

"I AM SELLING THIS FOR A BUDDY, THIS IS A PRO TEAM MICROMAG, SOMEWHAT OF A RARE GUN, ALL FRESHLY TUNED WITH AN X VALVE AND ULTRA LITE TRIGGER AND AN INTELIFRAME WITH DYE STICKIES. MARKER WILL ALSO COME WITH DROP FORWARD AND 3000 PSI HP TANK, PAST ITS HYDRO DATE BUT NOBODY CHECKS AND IT WORKS PERFECT. MARKER WILL ALSO COME WITH TO EXTRA BARRELS, A 16" ARMSON AND A SMART PARTS TEARDROP. THIS IS THE FASTEST MECHANICAL MARKER AND IS OUTLAWED IN TOURNAMENT PLAY BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO LIMIT IT TO ONLY 15BPS!!!X VALVE IS $300 ALONE AND INTELLI FRAME IS ANOTHER $100. THIS MARKER IS A BARGAIN AT THE BUY IT NOW PRICE. THIS MARKER WAS ORIGANAALY MADE BY AIRGUN DESIGNS AND STARTED LIFE AS AN AUTOMAG / MINIMAG / XMAG "

I LOVE the part about the hydro date. Now thats something to teach a new player about safety!

Yeah, I saw that tonight also and laughed pretty hard I particularly enjoyed the "started life an an automag/ minimag/ xmag"

georgeyew
03-15-2007, 11:29 PM
"I had to stop playing at a field because I felt it was un-safe to play where out of date bottles were being used"

I bought a bottle not too long ago and came with a 2011 hydro date on it. But after several session of playing, the date was rubbed off. Is there any way to tell the hydo date besides the printed date? I hope that I don't have to shell out another $35 to test it after only 3 months.

warbeak2099
03-15-2007, 11:33 PM
"I had to stop playing at a field because I felt it was un-safe to play where out of date bottles were being used"

I bought a bottle not too long ago and came with a 2011 hydro date on it. But after several session of playing, the date was rubbed off. Is there any way to tell the hydo date besides the printed date? I hope that I don't have to shell out another $35 to test it after only 3 months.

Rubbed off? Might not have been legit in the first place. Most places use a pretty tough epoxy over the label to prevent it from being removed. I can't see it rubbing off.

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Rubbed off? Might not have been legit in the first place. Most places use a pretty tough epoxy over the label to prevent it from being removed. I can't see it rubbing off.

I know what yes saying warbreak.

My re-hydro stickers are the same way. They arent like the original fiber wrapped stamps on the 3rd layer of the clear wrap. Its a sticker about 2 inches in diameter.

Fortunatly there is a solution.

I got mine through my local field so I can go to them and ask for the work order to get the re-cert information off of. On the work order is the new date and the stamp of the place that did it. (my tanks are labeled too so they know which ones)

If you sent your tank out to someone, usually they can tell you when it was last tested and have the tank sent back to them for a smaller fee to get another sticker re-applied.

Yeah it sucks you have to pay again,.. but when you get it back I would suggest finding a nice guy at the local boat shop or something simular that works with fiberglass and have him put a clear coat over your bottle with it. Its paper thin and clear but wont rub the writting off.

If you dont want to do that,.. tank covers and keep checking that the dates are clearly written is all I can suggest.

DownWithCapitalism
03-16-2007, 01:07 AM
eBay in general is nothing but a rip off.

Corbet
03-16-2007, 01:08 AM
This isn't really regarding eBay but I sure as hell got ripped off here with my first mag.

-Was like $250
-claimed everything worked ok
-came with palmer reg

Boy was that guy a liar and the gun was a POS. My current mag (if you call it that right now... it's in pieces at a shop) has no original parts from my first mag.

-The spring set between the classic front and back was completely missing
-The velocity couldn't be adjusted
-The palmer reg was MISSING parts inside it

Railgun
03-16-2007, 01:55 AM
I just got a bottle retested and it came back with the paper label and a couple of pieces of clear packing tape over it. When you get your new label do the same thing.

Beemer
03-16-2007, 02:02 AM

Whats the original date on the tank? The hydro date is the date it was tested not the date it needs to be retested. Example, My tank was tested and stamped 10-5-05[test day] it is good for five years, thru 10-4-10. I have had many tanks rehydroed, none have failed YET and there is no way unless you use a file or sandpaper that the hydro date will wear off if it was a legit hydro. So be warned and dont get pissed if you go to a field that actually checks and wont fill it.

Peace Out

Beemer
03-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I just got a bottle retested and it came back with the paper label and a couple of pieces of clear packing tape over it. When you get your new label do the same thing.

Who did the hydro for you?

Ninjeff
03-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Ebay isnt always a rip. I got my mag off ebay for $95.00. Worked great outta the box.

Thanna
03-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Aren't the hydrotesters suppose to put the hydro cert. test date under a new coat of resin?

georgeyew
03-16-2007, 07:52 AM

My bottles are all Pure Energy bottles (2 HPA, 1 CO2). They all have a sticker at the bottom that says "Test before" and then a date stamped underneath it. The dates can be scratched off pretty easily...I tried on a small spot on the tank that still has the date showing. The other 2 are completely gone. On the CO2 bottle you can still see the 2011 imprint even though the ink is gone. I think I will put some clear tape over it, that is a good idea. All my tanks are legit and bought new from Actionvillage and Pevs. I think that my saving grace is the manufacturing date is stamped into the steel on the bottle. Thanks for the info guys.

fullofpaint
03-16-2007, 11:35 AM
lol, anyone besides me find it funny that his username is down with capitalism? :rofl:

mag_lover05
03-16-2007, 12:37 PM
lol, anyone besides me find it funny that his username is down with capitalism? :rofl:

LOL :spit_take

well, i havent had any problems with ebay... bought a minimag (my first mag) with ups off ebay for 110 and it worked AWSOME...

robnix
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM

Not really. I've bought two large mag packages from Ebay. The first was $800.00, I parted everything out and netted about $400.00. The second cost me $400.00, I parted that one for $650.00. For the most part, mags there end up selling for fair prices.

javasnot17
03-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Speaking of ebay, why is it that on some auctions the user ID/info/feedback isn't displayed for everyone to see? It's mainly on the bid history page where you don't see the info. Everyone's listed as Bidder 1, 2, 3 and so on. There was an auction for a dust gold X-Mag that ended today, and I wanted to know who the bidders were. Most of the time, for auctions such as this one, they're regulars here on AO.

p8ntbal4me
03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Speaking of ebay, why is it that on some auctions the user ID/info/feedback isn't displayed for everyone to see? It's mainly on the bid history page where you don't see the info. Everyone's listed as Bidder 1, 2, 3 and so on. There was an auction for a dust gold X-Mag that ended today, and I wanted to know who the bidders were. Most of the time, for auctions such as this one, they're regulars here on AO.

Some say it was to protect the identity of ebay bidders from showing what they are currently bidding on as some bidders felt it was a privacy thing.

Personally, I think it was this reason here:

You and I are bidding on an item. I am willing to go higher in price to win, you are not. I outbid you on this item that you REALLY REALLY want. So you get mad.

The it happens again, and maybe again. You get tired of seeing my name listed next to all the "good stuff" on ebay and want some payback.

So you decide that you are going to "troll" on my bids and bid against me for the only reason to jack the final pay out price of the bid.

I know it seems far fetched. But I think we all have felt like a few people on ebay are only there to buy everything up and sell it back whether they want the part or not.

I know I've been victim to a few guys that arent really interested in the item per say (i found this out my mailing them over ebay), they just wanted to "see" if they could get it for cheap.

Spoils the possible of getting a good deal.

javasnot17
03-17-2007, 12:23 AM
It's weird dude, I always seem to see this happen for high priced Mag auctions, such as an auction for an X-Mag. Then again, I only really look at paintball related items on ebay. I'm sure they (ebay) do it for other items as well. It kinda sucks though, whenever I win an auction, I almost always like to see who it was I beat.

p8ntbal4me
03-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Yeah I do to.

I watch as many items as ebay will let me, and I might bid on 1 item every month.

I bought 2 guns that were on ebay (well, 1 was, the other was not) and then no one bid on them. So I mailed the seller and purchased as a private sale.

I definately was willing to pay for them, whatever the cost.

I have been looking for an X-Mag just to have one, but I want to bid on an auction where people are not just bidding to see if they are gonna get an X-Mag for under 700 bucks.

Unless a deal is cut off ebay, its not going to happen so easily.

Ebay is ebay and it will have its goods and bads no matter what day it is.

My whole deal with that auction was the sear stupidity of telling someone that its "okay" to strap a high pressure bomb to your gun and go air it up for use.

If the guy was selling the stuff for a friend, the friend basically lied to him about what to say. I dont sell stuff for other people unless I know what it is.

Just my 2 cents.

Desega
03-17-2007, 11:24 AM
:hail: