PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys…

The_Don_83
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
When I air my Mag up (RT-Custom X valve with Crossifire HP Tank with 3000psi) she made a clicking noise, but the gun didn’t charge all the way. There was some pressure behind the trigger, but not enough for anything to happen or for the trigger to be all the way out. I turned it all the way up then down some… air blew out the back… turned it down some more… then it fired well… 5 min later after ever trigger pull the gun sounds like its charging up like it did the first time, but now is doing it ever time.

Any ideas on the next step? What is it?? :confused:

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 11:14 PM
My first guess is based on last nights little battle with my E-Mag.

I had the same issue with my on/off, thats what was doing it to me.

Greased the o-rings with some grease, dropped 2 drops in the botom of the on/off. Installed and force the sear back and forth with the grips off for a few shots.

(Switch to manual on the Emag and) shot a few more times,... it works fine now.

You said RT Custom,.... are you using the ULT?

The_Don_83
03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
My first guess is based on last nights little battle with my E-Mag.

I had the same issue with my on/off, thats what was doing it to me.

Greased the o-rings with some grease, dropped 2 drops in the botom of the on/off. Installed and force the sear back and forth with the grips off for a few shots.

(Switch to manual on the Emag and) shot a few more times,... it works fine now.

You said RT Custom,.... are you using the ULT?

It’s got to be the on/off!! When I aired it up with the valve not in the body the on/off popped out. It also isn’t all coming out when I take off the top. The pin and some o rings stay inside… how do I get everything out?? Is that what it is? The top of the on/off also isn't flush with the body part of the valve. It sticks up above a touch.

robnix
03-15-2007, 11:30 PM
When I air my Mag up (RT-Custom X valve with Crossifire HP Tank with 3000psi) she made a clicking noise, but the gun didn’t charge all the way. There was some pressure behind the trigger, but not enough for anything to happen or for the trigger to be all the way out. I turned it all the way up then down some… air blew out the back… turned it down some more… then it fired well… 5 min later after ever trigger pull the gun sounds like its charging up like it did the first time, but now is doing it ever time.

Any ideas on the next step? What is it?? :confused:

Find a diagram of the on/off and rebuild it to spec. When it popped out I have a feeling you put something in the wrong way.

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 11:32 PM
It’s got to be the on/off!! When I aired it up with the valve not in the body the on/off popped out. It also isn’t all coming out when I take off the top. The pin and some o rings stay inside… how do I get everything out?? Is that what it is? The top of the on/off also isn't flush with the body part of the valve. It sticks up above a touch.

Okay,... first things first.

Dont air up the valve when its not in the gun. That thing has some pressure behind it as you now know, and could go lost in a second.

To get the parts of your on/off out:

Take a small screw driver or better yet a dental pick if you have one.

Pull the brass-looking piece out with your fingers.
Pull the pin out if it didnt come out with the brass piece.
Take your tool of choice and pull both the black(or white) small o-ring along with the larger one around it out gently. They come out, so dont mar them or you will need to replace them later.

The suggestion I was stating was that you leave those 2 orings in the bottom.
Grease the ones on the brass piece with the pin in it, put 2 drops of oil on the bottom 2 orings in the hole and let the rest go into the valve.
Replace your on off assembly.
Fire the gun a bunch of times.

You really need to keep that gun oiled and search out proper maintenance on the valve in the manual or on here. Simple, cleaning and touchups internally will keep it running for YEARS!

If it does not work for you, there are a few other things you can try like replacing the o-rings all over the valve and that USUALLY fixes all the issues you could have. Its extreme, but it does work.

That leads me to another question. Did you just buy this gun new and un-used?
If you did, chances are you WILL need to replace the o-rings.

If you are un-comfortable with doing this, there are several guys here that can help you for a small fee if you wish to send the gun out and get it fixed.

The_Don_83
03-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Okay,... first things first.

Dont air up the valve when its not in the gun. That thing has some pressure behind it as you now know, and could go lost in a second.

To get the parts of your on/off out:

Take a small screw driver or better yet a dental pick if you have one.

Pull the brass-looking piece out with your fingers.
Pull the pin out if it didnt come out with the brass piece.
Take your tool of choice and pull both the black(or white) small o-ring along with the larger one around it out gently. They come out, so dont mar them or you will need to replace them later.

The suggestion I was stating was that you leave those 2 orings in the bottom.
Grease the ones on the brass piece with the pin in it, put 2 drops of oil on the bottom 2 orings in the hole and let the rest go into the valve.
Replace your on off assembly.
Fire the gun a bunch of times.

You really need to keep that gun oiled and search out proper maintenance on the valve in the manual or on here. Simple, cleaning and touchups internally will keep it running for YEARS!

If it does not work for you, there are a few other things you can try like replacing the o-rings all over the valve and that USUALLY fixes all the issues you could have. Its extreme, but it does work.

That leads me to another question. Did you just buy this gun new and un-used?
If you did, chances are you WILL need to replace the o-rings.

If you are un-comfortable with doing this, there are several guys here that can help you for a small fee if you wish to send the gun out and get it fixed.

I'm going to have to try this... Tomorrow afternoon I will and we will see what happens...

I got this gun used about a 5 months ago.. Orings need to be changed more then likely... All the ones I have seen look fine. I will go inside and oil it up tomorrow... Do you think I need to turn up or down the velocity?

p8ntbal4me
03-15-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm going to have to try this... Tomorrow afternoon I will and we will see what happens...

I got this gun used about a 5 months ago.. Orings need to be changed more then likely... All the ones I have seen look fine. I will go inside and oil it up tomorrow... Do you think I need to turn up or down the velocity?

Start with the velocity low (screw it out a ways,.. not too much)

Air it up,.. see what happens.

Keep pulling the trigger till the gun gets enough air and see if it fires.

If you screw the back of the valve in more than a few times and it doesnt work yet,.... dont keep screwing it in!

Too much of that is not a good thing.

The_Don_83
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Start with the velocity low (screw it out a ways,.. not too much)

Air it up,.. see what happens.

Keep pulling the trigger till the gun gets enough air and see if it fires.

If you screw the back of the valve in more than a few times and it doesnt work yet,.... dont keep screwing it in!

Too much of that is not a good thing.

Alright I did everything.... Took out the on/off and oiled the on/off pin... I then unscrewed the velocity a bunch and when I aired it up it wasn't enough to be able to fire it. I turned it up some and then I was able to fire it... but :mad: after every fire it sounded like it was recharging or airing up for the first time and it started to leak out of the front a little bit... I hear a loud click noise (almost as if its the on/off sliding and hitting the body inside or something) After the click I can fire it again but then it leaks out of the front some and it does this every time… what do I do!!! :cry: I have to play tomorrow so I need to get it working

please help :cry:

The_Don_83
03-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone please help... :confused:

athomas
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
The loud click is most likely the bolt hitting against the sear. Thats normal, especially if there is no air in the front chamber due to the leak out the front like you explained.

Your problem could definately be caused by bolt stick due to a carrier that is too tight or a bolt spring that is worn out. Try a fresh bolt spring and find the correct carrier size without any shims in the powertube. It wouldn't hurt to give the valve a complete cleaning at the same time. A piece of dirt could cause all sorts of problems.

The_Don_83
03-16-2007, 07:36 PM
The loud click is most likely the bolt hitting against the sear. Thats normal, especially if there is no air in the front chamber due to the leak out the front like you explained.

Your problem could definately be caused by bolt stick due to a carrier that is too tight or a bolt spring that is worn out. Try a fresh bolt spring and find the correct carrier size without any shims in the powertube. It wouldn't hurt to give the valve a complete cleaning at the same time. A piece of dirt could cause all sorts of problems.

The spring is shorter then it should be... I replaced... but I have no air... I'm playing tomorrow so when I get home at 5pm I will update everyone if anything happens.

Thanks athomas

:cheers:

p8ntbal4me
03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
The spring is shorter then it should be... I replaced... but I have no air... I'm playing tomorrow so when I get home at 5pm I will update everyone if anything happens.

Thanks athomas

:cheers:

Im not an AGD tech, I jsut have been using AGD products long enough to get a "feel" for what it going on and know what to do to fix it.

Alot of other guys such as athomas can read what your saying and know pretty much whats wrong and how to fix it. I am still working on my ability to do this.

If you get in a bind, you can always do what I do. Change out all the o-rings and clean it before and after use on a regular basis.

I didnt have the best gun cleaning habbits after a days play. So now I actually break the valve down into every little piece, clean everything, and leave dissassembled in zip lock bags till I play again.

If I play on a Saturday, I take the 30 minutes on a Thursday night to place all the pieces in front of me, grease and oil everything respectively, assemble, and run air through the gun. I have a cascade of scubas so air is not an issue. A tank of air would do you just fine :)

This way I can inspect the valve, make sure its as clean as it can be, and if a part needs replacing, I keep repair kits always on hand the week before.

This is extreme in some cases, but its needed by me in order to keep my guns running in top shape due to the abuse I put them through and my prior negelct to keep them clean.

Might work for you, might not. Just a suggestion. :)

The_Don_83
03-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Im not an AGD tech, I jsut have been using AGD products long enough to get a "feel" for what it going on and know what to do to fix it.

Alot of other guys such as athomas can read what your saying and know pretty much whats wrong and how to fix it. I am still working on my ability to do this.

If you get in a bind, you can always do what I do. Change out all the o-rings and clean it before and after use on a regular basis.

I didnt have the best gun cleaning habbits after a days play. So now I actually break the valve down into every little piece, clean everything, and leave dissassembled in zip lock bags till I play again.

If I play on a Saturday, I take the 30 minutes on a Thursday night to place all the pieces in front of me, grease and oil everything respectively, assemble, and run air through the gun. I have a cascade of scubas so air is not an issue. A tank of air would do you just fine :)

This way I can inspect the valve, make sure its as clean as it can be, and if a part needs replacing, I keep repair kits always on hand the week before.

This is extreme in some cases, but its needed by me in order to keep my guns running in top shape due to the abuse I put them through and my prior negelct to keep them clean.

Might work for you, might not. Just a suggestion. :)

Thanks p8ntbal4me :cheers:

I do need to change all o-rings... I gave it a clean and some O-rings could use a change... Great advice :clap: I need to get another full parts kit.

I will update on the status tomorrow... :cool:

Burgalerg
03-18-2007, 12:32 AM
I just spent the last hour switching valves with the Don. We tried Three different Valve combos, on 3 dif guns. After The Don changed all his orings throughout the entire gun, it would still not recharge. I just remembered the sweet all around Dye Sticky grips that were just put on his setup. He had to find different screws, which were longer than the factory screws that were interfering with the Sear pin assembly. Unscrewed those so there was enough room for th sear pin to move. Put the gun back together, Gassed up, and it fired like a charm.

:shooting:

The_Don_83
03-18-2007, 12:52 AM
I just spent the last hour switching valves with the Don. We tried Three different Valve combos, on 3 dif guns. After The Don changed all his orings throughout the entire gun, it would still not recharge. I just remembered the sweet all around Dye Sticky grips that were just put on his setup. He had to find different screws, which were longer than the factory screws that were interfering with the Sear pin assembly. Unscrewed those so there was enough room for th sear pin to move. Put the gun back together, Gassed up, and it fired like a charm.

WOW!! :wow: I can't believe after all that, it was something so simple. :mad:

Thank you p8ntbal4me, athomas, robnix, and Burgalerg :cheers:

p8ntbal4me
03-18-2007, 01:12 AM

Well after ALL THAT,.. a video of you mowing some muppets would be nice! :clap:

robnix
03-18-2007, 01:31 AM

I'm glad you got it figured out. Sometimes it's the small things that we overlook! :D