PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Problem

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I had shipped out something to Florida last Saturday from New Jersey. I used USPS priority and was told it should be there Monday. Now even if it left my post office Monday (should have left Sat.) it should have been in Florida by Thursday at the latest. I’ve never had any problems shipping before especially to Florida.

I’m a clown and didn’t purchase a tracking number …the one time I don’t of course this happens so now there’s no way to find what I shipped. I called USPS head quarters and they confirmed they can’t do anything because of no tracking number and can’t look anything up even though I used my bank card so my name would be attached to the item. They also said once a post office receives an item they have up to 14 days to get it out, I guess that cancels out the purpose for buying faster shipping services right???....sweet. :clap: They also said 2 weeks after I ship it out if there’s still no answer to call back and file something with USPS so they can try to find it. :cuss:

Has anyone ran into this problem before? What did you do and How did you get the problem fixed or find the item??

DSandifer
03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I had shipped out something to Florida last Saturday from New Jersey. I used USPS priority and was told it should be there Monday. Now even if it left my post office Monday (should have left Sat.) it should have been in Florida by Thursday at the latest. I’ve never had any problems shipping before especially to Florida.

I’m a clown and didn’t purchase a tracking number …the one time I don’t of course this happens so now there’s no way to find what I shipped. I called USPS head quarters and they confirmed they can’t do anything because of no tracking number and can’t look anything up even though I used my bank card so my name would be attached to the item. They also said once a post office receives an item they have up to 14 days to get it out, I guess that cancels out the purpose for buying faster shipping services right???....sweet. :clap: They also said 2 weeks after I ship it out if there’s still no answer to call back and file something with USPS so they can try to find it. :cuss:

Has anyone ran into this problem before? What did you do and How did you get the problem fixed or find the item??

T0nnn

I do a lot of shipping w/ the USPS and I can tell you this sometimes things turn up "MISSING" and if you don't have a tracking # there isn't a darn thing that can be done about it. The post office can not trace it or anything else.

Something was shipped to me from FL on the first of this month and being the 16th I have not received it as of yet.

T0nnn the only advice I can give you is give it until Monday of next week and if shows up than awesome and if not you have learned a valuable lesson. Always no matter how little the item is or how little it cost purchase the tracking for it.

I sure hope it shows up and everything turns out for you.

Best of Luck

D

robnix
03-16-2007, 10:04 AM

If you still have the reciept, the tracking number should be on it.

DSandifer
03-16-2007, 10:07 AM
If you still have the reciept, the tracking number should be on it.

No he didn't purchase a tracking # @ all.

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 10:50 AM
yeah i was actually looking for the reciept today to see if anything helpful was on it, but i couldn't find it. Hopefully the item turns up i'm gonna be pissed if the usps lost it.

robnix
03-16-2007, 10:56 AM
No he didn't purchase a tracking # @ all.

USPS priority comes with a tracking number, it's not that accurate when you check online, but it's a tracking number that the post office can use. The post office will give you a reciept with the number on it when you ship your package.

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 11:25 AM
niceeeee....i can't find the reciept. Do you know if there's any other way i can get that number? i asked them on the phone since i used my card can you look it up and my post office and the main one said no. I don't see why they can't

Dewok82
03-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Electronically purchased and printed (Online) USPS Priority comes with a free delivery confirmation (DC) number.

If you go to the Post Office and ship something out Priority, you have to pay for DC ($0.50 extra). It's that little green label.

The nice thing about online shipping is the ease and free DC. The crappy thing is there is no "Acceptance Scan", so your package could still go missing (no proof it was ever mailed) and/or the DC number won't show anything until it is delivered (usually).

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 01:58 PM
unless that was on the reciept, which i glanced at and lost ..gj to me, the guy never mentioned anything about DC or a tracking number to me with purchasing priority. Well now i know that it's on the reciept for the future, but as of right now it's looking pretty bad

Paintchucker
03-16-2007, 02:17 PM
It is less than $1 for the delivery confirm, which is money well spent.

I normally insure the item for twice what it is worth, in hopes that they will lose it. I figure I got better odds on that than on spending $$$ to try to win the lottery.

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
hahah maybe i should of put some of the $40+ i spent trying to win 375 mill last week into insuring it eh

afortuna
03-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I sent a marker out the end of February. It was sent USPS Priority with DC and insurance. They still can't find the package after saying it was undeliverable as addressed. I was told today they return shipments at their slowest possible shipping method. It's now the 16th and the package was undeliverable on the 5th. I still have not received it. Worst thing about it, it's valued at $620 and only insured to $500.

punkncat
03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
There was a recent story in the news about a local man getting a letter he mailed home during WW2......guess better late than never?

t0nnn
03-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I sent a marker out the end of February. It was sent USPS Priority with DC and insurance. They still can't find the package after saying it was undeliverable as addressed. I was told today they return shipments at their slowest possible shipping method. It's now the 16th and the package was undeliverable on the 5th. I still have not received it. Worst thing about it, it's valued at $620 and only insured to $500.

Damn man that sucks, i don't understand how they let that happen. Maybe someone in the back gets a little box cutter crazy

...hey someones gotta end up with all that "missing" stuff

rx2
03-16-2007, 06:42 PM
That is part of the reason I will never ship with USPS. I realize that not everyone has the option to use FedEx or UPS, but, from years of experience and thousands of sales shipped, I can tell you that UPS and FedEx are immeasurably better. Neither are perfect, but if you value what you are shipping, you owe it to yourself, or the recipient, to avoid USPS (and DHL) if at all possible.

LFD92
03-16-2007, 06:46 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I just received a HALO I purchased used on the Nation over a year ago.

Granted, the seller refunded my money after a month, but damn.

A year shipped USPS priority?

Surprisingly enough it wasn't damaged at all.

But any, I digress. You will not have purchased delivery confirmation without knowing it. It's nothing that automatically appears unless you purchased and printed out your shipping label online. Even if you do find your receipt they probably will not be able to do anything for you. There's no way to get a refund because they don't know if it was delivered or not.

Sorry, but me thinks you're SOL.

afortuna
03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I'd like to not wait a year. There's a marine in NC waiting for a Karnivor that I can't even resend to him. Never again will I use USPS. I think it is disgusting that a person ships with tracking and insurance and they can't even tell where it is in their system. That is absolutely pathetic. Again, another day without the marker. I'm sure I'll call again tomorrow morning and be told the same thing: it should be there today, but we aren't certain because we dont' know where it is at.

Mongoose
03-16-2007, 11:45 PM
yeah that is rediculous it can go missing with insurance and a tracking number. UPS tracking on the net shows arrival times, departure, and delivery....going with them for now on

for2nato
03-16-2007, 11:56 PM
see thats why i always try to use ups. and there is a label number on every reciept that usps issues. its not a tracking number but they can still identify where the package was last scanned at. its for they're own records but they will not use it to help you. i think mainly because they are lazy. just my opinion. but i too have had stuff never delivered with the postal service. and i never got reimberssed for it because i didnt inssure it.

Mongoose
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
It is less than $1 for the delivery confirm, which is money well spent.

I normally insure the item for twice what it is worth, in hopes that they will lose it. I figure I got better odds on that than on spending $$$ to try to win the lottery.

Thats a great idea... i think im gonna mail things out in random..instead of playing the lotto

cyberave68
03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Well t0nnn your first mistake was shipping to anywhere in Florida....

Sorry to here your missing your package. I always ship from home. You get the tracking # free with priority shipping and can do the shipping insurance option if you want to also. Looks like Mongoose is going to want me to ship his parts UPS....

Good luck on getting your stuff back...

t0nnn
03-19-2007, 01:28 PM
how do you ship from home? i've never heard of that

cyberave68
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Well most of the time people pay me with Paypal. It’s all in there. Links to do the shipping labels and all that stuff. It also takes the money right from the Paypal balance so you never need to get a credit card ready or leave the house. I order all my free shipping supplies from the post office too. They ship it to my house for free too. Priority boxes, Priority envelopes, priority labels, and stuff like that. Or you can go to WWW.USPS.COM or WWW.UPS.COM and make an account with them and do everything on there web site. You will just need to go to the drop box for UPS.

I'm supper lazy about driving to the post office all the time, so i just sit on my butt and do it all online... :clap:

t0nnn
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Well most of the time people pay me with Paypal. It’s all in there. Links to do the shipping labels and all that stuff. It also takes the money right from the Paypal balance so you never need to get a credit card ready or leave the house. I order all my free shipping supplies from the post office too. They ship it to my house for free too. Priority boxes, Priority envelopes, priority labels, and stuff like that. Or you can go to WWW.USPS.COM or WWW.UPS.COM and make an account with them and do everything on there web site. You will just need to go to the drop box for UPS.

I'm supper lazy about driving to the post office all the time, so i just sit on my butt and do it all online... :clap:

oh wow, i'm gonna have to get on UPS and make an account.