PDA

View Full Version : wedding attire suggestions needed badly...

CaliMagFan
03-16-2007, 05:45 PM
hey there AO... i'm going to my uncle's wedding tomorrow (st pattys).. its in sacramento, ca (read sunny weather). the "theme" is English Garden Wedding. I have really no idea what that means... any help would be great... we're all laid back people, not too much money to speak of.. I'm 23, so maybe i can get away with just being there.. i dont know...

I have a hell of a lot of hiking/ out door gear because i spend most of my time in the outdoors and i work at REI. i have...

olive/brownish non-convertible hiking pants (nylon) (they look ok)
a Tilley LTM06 airflow hat in tan/olive.
i'm thinking of wearing those things and a collared shirt/ brown skate shoes (dont have dress ones other than black)

ok guys.. thanks

-kyle

Kyle.Kimber
03-18-2007, 08:39 PM
How did it go you cheapskate?

-Kyle

SCpoloRicker
03-19-2007, 01:56 PM
So, I'm going out on a limb and guessing you don't have a black suit.

MagMan5446
03-19-2007, 02:03 PM
white shirt and khakis.

anyway you work at rei? in santa rosa? i had a bad experience at the el dorado hills one.... how do you guys do your return policy there?

CaliMagFan
03-20-2007, 10:58 PM
thanks for your help.. except for kyle...i'm not cheap, and you're a disgrace to the name... and thanks SCpolo, but black suit isnt really appropriate for the theme just in case you ever are met with the same challenge... the wedding was good.

rei return policy is listed on the internet site. www.rei.com (look for something about 100% satifaction guarantee(sp?))

-kyle

PyRo
03-20-2007, 11:19 PM
So what did you wear?
It's my impression that no one is going to look at you funny for being overdressed.

CaliMagFan
03-21-2007, 02:50 AM
short-sleeved collared shirt- blue, kinda striped pattern, pretty nice tho,
khaki pants of dockers type,
and a pair of leather sandar/shoes... kinda european style summer shoe.
hat not needed, but brought . the wedding was in the shade for the most part.

not under or over dressed. if i wore a full top and bottom suit, i would have stuck out, but you're right... overdressing is rare.