PDA

View Full Version : Simple question

G Squat
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
How many people have never had their Lvl 10 chop a ball?

Dewok82
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
The question is "Have you EVER chopped a ball w/ LVL 10?"

I voted yes.

Yes, I have - when my Level 10 wasn't properly tuned and/or I was shooting super brittle tournament grade paint.

I have also chopped balls when using markers with eyes.

However, as a whole, I have found that the Level 10 bolt system, when properly installed and tuned, will prevent most, if not all chops.

A better poll would have been something along the lines of, "Are you satisfied with the overall performance and reduction in chopped balls of your Level 10 bolt system?"

To that I would have answered yes.

The only people that have probably never chopped with their Level 10s are Automag tuning geniuses (i.e. TK, Tuna, Rogue) and people that shoot Wally World paint that would bounce off concrete at 300fps.

Just my $0.02.

G Squat
03-16-2007, 10:12 PM
no, I really just wanted to see who among us has NEVER chopped a ball with their level 10. I havent. Thats what sparked my interest, My old mag had the Elcd frame on it too and I frequently used the 15bps ramping mode. Just trying to see if it was a fluke.

aqua_scummm
03-16-2007, 11:16 PM
There was no "Level 10s are for sissies who like to aim" so I voted the last one

d4m4don3
03-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Try putting some hellfires in your mag. It'll chop in a level 10 bolt.

VFX_Fenix
03-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I've certainly broken paint through my E-Mag, level 10 or not. I can't say that I've ever had an "honest to god chop" though. That is, I've never had bolt stick/jamming or any other indication that I'd broken a ball in the feed neck of either of my L10 Mags. But broken paint shooting out the barrel? Oh heck yeah.

warbeak2099
03-17-2007, 01:59 AM
No system is 100%. I've chopped with lvl 10. But for the most part, it is effective. I'll be combining it with eyes soon, so it'll be ridiculous.

buzzboy
03-17-2007, 08:05 AM
At the time I owned a mag I shot alot of Stinger's. They were soft and would deform upon LX impact. Then when they hit the tip of the crownpoint the ball would break but it was at the very tip, in the porting, so it didn't really make a difference.

I also remember shooting a case of marbs and a case of inferno that worked great with the LX. Even after the LX kicked it the ball would still fire perfectly straight.

BigEvil
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
The only issues ive really had was when I was having problems with a warp breech. A ball would get stuck in there and would break after the bolt wacking it 3-4 times.

StygShore
03-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Try putting some hellfires in your mag. It'll chop in a level 10 bolt.

Fired hellfires for 2 seasons, I think I broke 2 balls - The rec field I play at I usually shoot what some places refer to as Circus Paint - its everything that was left in the hoppers from the days before.

I can honestly say when my lvl 10 was tuned proper, I NEVER broke a paintball.

When something was out of whack - bumper chewed away, o-ring setup broke in and had to drop a carrier, etc, then I had problem, and it wasn't a broken ball, it was like 20 broken balls. I re-tuned and didnt have a problem again after that.

Styg

Desega
03-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I haven't chopped any paint yet but I've only shot mid-grade to high-end paint through it. Proball Platnuim is the cheapest I've used in it. I think that the paint has a huge factor in it, but it definatly helps to have a level 10.

grEnAlEins
03-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I said no, because I have never chopped with a properly tuned level 10 while using my mag appropriately. I did hold a ball into the "chop position" to see if I could make the thing chop a ball, which it eventually did :cool:

Head knight of Ni
03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Never a chop, but I have had balls outrun my detent(sometimes due to bolt stick) and had the next ball explode both in the barrel.

G Squat
03-17-2007, 09:54 PM
wow, I'm suprised to see so many people say they have never chopped a ball. Its about half and half right now. The only chops I ever had with a lvl 10 mag was because of the barrel bore size.

robnix
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Never a chop, but I have had balls outrun my detent(sometimes due to bolt stick) and had the next ball explode both in the barrel.

This is the only real problem I've had.

grEnAlEins
03-18-2007, 08:39 AM
The only chops I ever had with a lvl 10 mag was because of the barrel bore size.
That isn't really a chop though. That problem has nothing to do with the bolt. I said no chops because the bolt has not chopped a ball. I have had barrel breaks. It is a different issue though.

G Squat
03-18-2007, 10:07 AM
That isn't really a chop though. That problem has nothing to do with the bolt. I said no chops because the bolt has not chopped a ball. I have had barrel breaks. It is a different issue though.

I know that. I was saying it so others could perhaps realize the diff between the two. I should have said the only breaks I had in my gun were from the barrel not the bolt.