PDA

View Full Version : rt questions

new2mags
03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
hey guys its been a while since i had my last mag and i'm trying to get a new one now, i forgot a lot and i'm having trouble finding some info.

a guy has a rt (not pro) with an intelliframe with a powerfeed right polished body and a few barrels, first question is about what is this worth now? other than that i was just trying to refresh myself, the rt is that same as the x valve but heavier? it wont run on co2 right? anything else i should look for/ask about before buying an older rt?

as always thanks

MANN
03-17-2007, 06:43 PM
the original rt cannot accept parts from any other type of mag. They work the same as the all the other rt valves (x,e,rtpro,retro,etc)

As far as price? They are only worth what someone will pay for them. I would not take less than 150 for mine.

It will not take CO2

new2mags
03-19-2007, 01:10 PM
thanks for the response, are the parts readily available since theyre different from other mag? he is asking 130 so i guess thats a pretty decent deal????

ahellers
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Im not sure your talking about an original RT though. I dont think the original RT can take the I frame... correct me if im wrong.
t

olinar
03-19-2007, 02:33 PM
itll take it just fine, it just needs a larger ts hole for the banjo. the classic rt is a great markere but the only thing you can change on it is the trigger frame and foregrip. its a freat marker and i definitely enjoyed mine, took me a while to get over selling it. $130 is a great deal for a classic rt . the only parts you will need are the rebuild kits and they can still be bought from agd.

remo
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I have had my RT since the day it came out. I have been playing since 95 and have used nothing other than an automag. I still play tournaments and have many many people make fun of me because it is not electronic but once they play against me...they would rather play with me!!! it is still the most accurate marker out there. I use a standard 10" barrel from airgun.

new2mags
03-19-2007, 07:39 PM
how is the efficiency? i'm getting it to play some woodsball so refills wont be an option, but i can fill off a scuba tank before we go, anyone have an approximate on a 68/4500?

Tao
03-19-2007, 08:43 PM
hey guys its been a while since i had my last mag and i'm trying to get a new one now, i forgot a lot and i'm having trouble finding some info.

a guy has a rt (not pro) with an intelliframe with a powerfeed right polished body and a few barrels, first question is about what is this worth now? other than that i was just trying to refresh myself, the rt is that same as the x valve but heavier? it wont run on co2 right? anything else i should look for/ask about before buying an older rt?

as always thanks

Well for things you should ask about an older RT: it will be hard to upgrade. You can't put an x valve in it, but you can put a level 10. Any gripframe from AGD needs a speacial modification to fit. If you are happy with it as is thats great, if you want to upgrade it, you may want to consider getting an RT pro. (all the AGD stuff is reverse/forward compatible with each other, except the classic RT)

A x -valve is functionally equivalent to an rt valve, is half the weight and comes standard with a level 10

a stock rt is worth between 100-150, with the inteliframe and al the barrels maybe yours is wroth up to $200.

It won't run on CO2 (it can....sorta....but don't try :P)

I recently purchased a classic RT since I like the look of it over a RT pro, and it was a tournament winner in its day as is. Besides putting in a level 10 some day, I will keep it stock! :headbang:

p8ntbal4me
03-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I cut the back of mine, swapped the Rail for an R/T Pro rail (though you can buy a part to use the older one now), and installed an X-Valve.

Classic look with the X-valve to back it up = lots o' fun! :shooting:

Tao
03-19-2007, 08:47 PM
how is the efficiency? i'm getting it to play some woodsball so refills wont be an option, but i can fill off a scuba tank before we go, anyone have an approximate on a 68/4500?

I don't know about the classic RT since I haven't shot mine yet, but my xmag with a slightly less efficient x valve, could shoot 800-1000 on a 68/4500 tank. Playing woodsball I would always have to refill once so if you can't get refills bring an extra tank...

new2mags
03-19-2007, 09:08 PM
im probably not going to upgrade it much if at all, it already has an intelliframe and a polished power feed body (i know its not ule but still), why would i want to get an x valve? just because of the weight? thanks for all of the responses

one other question, what type of barrels? twistlock?

Tao
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
im probably not going to upgrade it much if at all, it already has an intelliframe and a polished power feed body (i know its not ule but still), why would i want to get an x valve? just because of the weight? thanks for all of the responses

one other question, what type of barrels? twistlock?

Yeah it takes twist lock. Just be advised that there are differnt kinds of twist locks. I know that there are ones for power feed and ones for centre feed.

...yeah an x valve would be a waste, but it doesn't hurt to let you know that they don't work just in case. Also you won't be able to put a ule body on it either. Only a big deal if you have a bunch of autococker barrels to use with the ule body anyway.

new2mags
03-20-2007, 10:58 AM
so will it take a level 10 then? also i'm pretty sure the answer is no but could i put a classic valve on it? only reason i would want to is sometimes air is not available so i could use the classic w/ co2 if i had to

new2mags
03-26-2007, 10:50 AM
could anyone answer my last question please? classic valve yes or no? as always, thanks!

MANN
03-26-2007, 10:57 AM
so will it take a level 10 then? also i'm pretty sure the answer is no but could i put a classic valve on it? only reason i would want to is sometimes air is not available so i could use the classic w/ co2 if i had to

It will take a level 10.

The RT valve is exactly the same as the x, emag, emax, xmag, etc (RT family) they will all get the same rof.

Stock you cannot put a classic valve in it. In order to do so you will have to cut the body back ~ an inch or so, and get a different rail. (one with a grove for the z pin). I did it to my lil brothers classic for the same reasons that you are wanting to do it, and it has always worked fine. I actually just put a straight grove in my rt rail to act as a zpin grove, and put a spacer in the banjo bolt hole so that I didnt have to buy another rail.