PDA

View Full Version : new to mags need help

giotto
03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Alright so the problem im experiencing is sporadic. I will be shooting my gun and it works fine, then the trigger sticks and it just kind of coughs a ball or 2 out. Then it will fix itself eventually, however when it doesnt fire correctly and i take out the valve the on off valve is sticking out of its slot. i replaced all the orings in it and it still continues to do the same thing. i use co2 and its a level 7 classic valve.

so im asking this question because i dunno if it could be something stupid like my velocity is too high, even though it doesnt leak out the back, or some other simple thing. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Burgalerg
03-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Alright so the problem im experiencing is sporadic. I will be shooting my gun and it works fine, then the trigger sticks and it just kind of coughs a ball or 2 out. Then it will fix itself eventually, however when it doesnt fire correctly and i take out the valve the on off valve is sticking out of its slot. i replaced all the orings in it and it still continues to do the same thing. i use co2 and its a level 7 classic valve.

so im asking this question because i dunno if it could be something stupid like my velocity is too high, even though it doesnt leak out the back, or some other simple thing. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Don't Automags work only on high pressure?

Coralis
03-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Do you have an expansion chamber or another way of keeping liquid CO2 out of the gun, also a mag on CO2 will work better if you keep it well oiled (sloppy with oil is how i would describe it )

giotto
03-18-2007, 11:47 AM
yep i have an expansion chamber, actually have had this problem with 2 different ones. and i always oil my gun up before i go out, have always put a decent amount of oil on everything.

as an update i fired the gun about 200 times and it didnt happen until towards the end, corrected itself, then did it again. it retains pressure in it as well, and i cant get that out without taking the valve off cause the sear sticks and ya cant pull the trigger.

The_Don_83
03-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Don't Automags work only on high pressure?

Well... yes and no....

The X-valve only works on High pressure
The 68 classic valve works on High and Low pressure

:cheers:

athomas
03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
All mags require high pressure. Even the level 7 AIR valve operates at 350 - 400psi which means it requires at least 600psi into it.

giotto: Try replacing the bolt spring. They get weak and can cause bolt stick issues which it sounds like you are having.