PDA

View Full Version : Buyin an RT Pro... detents..?

WhiteWulf
03-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Alright I'm getting ready to buy an RT Pro from AGD and I was putting a kit together and came to the detent part. Ok I'm not a real genius on paintball overall I know pretty much all about mech markers but detents were something I left alone. They have a magnetic detent as an option but I have no clue what the benefit of that is. Can I get a hint someone?

MANN
03-18-2007, 10:01 PM
I think the magnetic ones are rebuildable. If thats a word. I have killa detents on my xmag and love them

Spider-TW
03-20-2007, 01:25 PM
The stock ones are plastic and springs. If you take care of them they might last; however, I just acquired a mag with a lube layer of grit and mud, and the detent wasn't working smoothly. When I flicked the ball around to clean it, the ball flopped out. I guess the grit was holding it together. I put it back, but I don't trust it. I have a kila detent on order.

Thotograph
03-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I think with the Kila detents you can vary the amount of force it applies by adding another magnet... correct if I'm wrong though. If you find you are double feeding (Halo or other force fed hopper might have that issue) try using another magnet in the kila or you can always go through luke's custom shop and have him drill tap and install a second detent. That's something I'm considering doing but at the moment I'm using a 12v Revy on the RT to save weight. Haven't outshot it yet. If and when I do a pneumag conversion I'm gong to put my halo on the RT and at which point I'm going to consider either a kila or getting a second detent installed.

Hadn't seen this mentioned yet but I'm sure all of you guys are aware that the ULE body takes angel detents. Just thought I'd preach a little to the choir :clap: sorry if I'm wasting anyone's time.