PDA

View Full Version : opinions on xmod

bound for glory
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
i've been retired from the game for well over a year now(ever scince my troubles. re: devilmag). but i miss the game. my question is this: i only shoot mags, ever scince #389, in fact. i want to stick with mags, so i want an emag or if i can find one, an xmag. whats all the fuss about xmod? what do you really think about it? let me hear you. thanks

BigEvil
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
It is probably the single greatest upgrade since the lvl10. Well worth the investment. It will allow you to use your E/X mag in just about any situation (Tourny, woodsball, ect) Check out the manual on Lorcecash's site www.neidtech.com and the threads in deep blue on it.

It's more than just ''ramping software". It lets you set up the gun to your preferences so that even semi shoots faster.

bound for glory
03-19-2007, 10:40 AM
so, if i get another e/xmag, this would be a wise upgrade, right? i only play woods/biggame/scen. type ball so the ramping is'nt as important as speed. i miss my devilmags speed(when it worked, that is...). it is fast, right?

Pneumagger
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
It's an amazing upgrade. I'm not too fond of emags in general, and even I LOVED the upgrade for my emag. I would say the upgrade is worth it just for the Hyper Hybrid Emag mode alone. The other dozen features were just freebies that came with hyper mode :p

Unless you want to pay $500 more for an Xmag (pretty emag) just stick with the emag. They're the same. And Xmod for either is a must. Like BE said, it really lets you have the kind of adjustability to tailor the board to suit yourself, even letting you shoot true semi faster than ever.

The software is completely free and Lornecash only charges for the unit to flash the board. Very little risk is involved to the board as well when upgrading. It will shoot like a devilmag with easier LCD mode changing and monitoring as well as AGD reliability.

FlawleZ
03-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Pnuemagger is right. If you're not interested in the purely cosmetic (and small weight differences) differences between a properly setup Emag and Xmag, then go for the Emag. They're much easier to find for sale and are MUCH cheaper.

If you're an E/Xmag owner, Xmod should never even be questioned as a logical upgrade. It's almost a must. You can't fully appreciate it until you've used it and once you have you will NEVER want to go back. A properly setup Xmodded mag is just as fast if not faster than a devilmag. It's beyond night and day difference from 3.2.

As Scott said, for the E/Xmag, Xmod is easily the most significant upgrade available since Level 10. The only thing you would regret is NOT purchasing Xmod, trust me.

Russ
03-19-2007, 03:08 PM
I asked about software upgrades for the the E/X mags about a week ago...all responses in regards to the X-Mod have been VERY positive.

I almost hope to get some bad feedback, so I don't have to throw down another C-Note. Is there any potential damage to the Emag board when using/installing the X-Mod?

Russ
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Ah, for cryin' out loud, I just ordered the X-Mod programmer gadget. Resistance is futile :shooting:

Cow hunter
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
It is probably the single greatest upgrade since the lvl10. Well worth the investment. It will allow you to use your E/X mag in just about any situation (Tourny, woodsball, ect) Check out the manual on Lorcecash's site www.neidtech.com and the threads in deep blue on it.

It's more than just ''ramping software". It lets you set up the gun to your preferences so that even semi shoots faster.
that link doesnt work. www.niedtech.com

i got the 1.8 on a set of lowers, and even though i havent been able to shoot it, im surprised at the many features/modes it has. i dont think there is a bad thing to be said about the Xmod

Thanna
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
LoL :D I have also found the xmod worth getting. :hail: LorneCash :D

BigEvil
03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
that link doesnt work. www.niedtech.com

i got the 1.8 on a set of lowers, and even though i havent been able to shoot it, im surprised at the many features/modes it has. i dont think there is a bad thing to be said about the Xmod

Sorry I forgot to check it. Crazy Monday at the office.