PDA

View Full Version : Classic Automag and Qloader question

vrmilionzx
03-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys,
Hoping for some input and semi-technical knowledge here.
I am still new to my Automag, and I Have been looking at a QLoader for it. I don't tend to be a spray'n'pray player, as I prefer a more subtle approach. It's rare that I use more than 200 rounds a game, so I was considering a QLoader. I was wondering if anyone here has or knows what it takes to make a QLoader work with a standard left feed Automag (68)? Does it require any body modification, or just the basic Qloader kit?
Also, how hard is it or how long does it take to reload the QLoader pods? I've heard varying stories about them, and would like to get some advice on the setup. I like the idea because of the visibility issue, and the fact that my hopper makes a beautiful target when I try to crawl into small hiding spots. the compact nature, lack of noise (a la agitated/electrical feeder) is what is attractive to me for this setup. Also, if no major mods are required, I could switch back to a standard hopper for longer (or more paint intense) games.

Thoughts/help?

Lomarandil
03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Assuming you have some sort of foregrip to attach it to, there won't be any problems with you mounting a standard Qloader... however, if you don't have any sort of foregrip, and don't care to mount it vertically from your barrel, I believe you'll need a CMS kit, which will allow you to mount it pretty much anywhere.

And yes, you could remove your Qloader for bigger games, takes about two minutes max... although I think you'll just end up buying more pods like I did..

Lo

chadlh
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Changing pods is just a twist lock system and takes seconds to change. It also means you're not dropping balls all over the place.

Setting it up properly is the only challenging part. You have to make sure that your hose from Q-Loader to feedneck is the exact length it needs to be so when you twist off the pod you don't chop a ball (clear instructions in manual). Just takes a little time and effort. Secondly, from what I understand pod spring tension requires a bit of trial and error to optomize it. None of it is technical and only requires some common sense and basic understanding of simple mechanical functioning. The instructions come with clear descriptions and pictures.

ta2maki
03-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Once setup, the q-loader is very nice; low profile, quiet, fast, and light. Setting up can be difficult depending on how you want to set it up and your tech skill level. Reloading the pods is pretty simple and can go pretty quick. Watching how some people try to reload standard pods at my local feild, I'd say you can get close to the same speed. Personally, I don't use the silo it comes with. I have a halo attached to the reloading crank to do it. I've found that sometimes I get a couple skipped slots in the pods if I crank it too fast and using the halo to keep tension on the ball stack makes sure the pods are filled perfectly.

In case you are a cheap bastard, the side effect of the twist lock clip system is that every time you switch out a pod, you will loose 1 or 2 paintballs.

My reload setup
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/cupnoodles/Paintball/PICT8329.jpg

vrmilionzx
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
thanks for the input, guys!
ta2maki - according to my friends in the automotive world, I am in fact a cheap bastard. I prefer to think of myself as more of a vulture - I swoop in for the salvagable parts of the corpse!
I doubt i'll cry over a few spilled paintballs though. I like your setup for reloading.
I am sure i'll end up getting the Qloader, after talking to them, they said the basic starter package with the SP8 mod should be fine. I have a foregrip on there, my only real concern is the clearance with the trigger frame, as it's snuggled up against there pretty close.
I am sure I can figure it out :ninja:
oh, and I think this is the funniest smiley i've seen in awhile: :tard:

uluru
03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
My reload setup
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v90/cupnoodles/Paintball/PICT8329.jpg

Great idea ta2maki, now i can dismiss the silo. :headbang: