PDA

View Full Version : Getting the RT to react

viper-mayhem
03-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I am new to mags. I've owned nothing but electros so I do not know anything about mech markers. I got this RT PRO last week and I haven't adjusted anything on it. Is there any other way to get the reactive trigger to work other than an adjustable tank? Can I add shims to the on/off or get a ULT and add more shims? Do I need to move the trigger setpoint out furthur? I only have preset 850 psi preset tanks. Thank You, V-M

BigEvil
03-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Put some shims in between the on/off halves (Which will make the pin shorter). Keep adding them until you get it how you like it.

viper-mayhem
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Put some shims in between the on/off halves (Which will make the pin shorter). Keep adding them until you get it how you like it.
Is there a picture or detailed instruction I can go to. I read the manual about 4 times last night to see if it might explain how, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry to sound like such a noob (that's been awhile) but other than last week, I have never handled a mag.

Nick E
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
don't worry, I don't think they cover that in the manual. Anyway, take the on/off out,(brass looking peice inside the valve) and unscrew the halves(it should come apart with a little trouble) then put a shim or two in, re oil it, and put it back in the gun.

viper-mayhem
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf

I have watched the RT video twice and read over this manual quickly about 3 times but I am having a little trouble understanding because the Mag is such a different design compared to electros. Between which numbers do I add the shim(s)?

madcrisis
03-20-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.airgun.com/downloads/RT-ULE.Tac-One.Manual.pdf

I have watched the RT video twice and read over this manual quickly about 3 times but I am having a little trouble understanding because the Mag is such a different design compared to electros. Between which numbers do I add the shim(s)?

between 17 and 20 i beleive if that is a ULT. im not sure if it is tho.

BigEvil
03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
That is a standard RT on/off in that pdf. Yes, that is where you put them to shorten the pin length. Or, you could always grind them down, but it helps to have a caliper to measure it with.

viper-mayhem
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Thank you everyone for all your help. I partially took it apart for the first time tonight. I pulled the on/off and seperated the top half from the bottom (#17 and #20). I figure I will have to find some shims that will fit in there. I don't know where to get them though. I did receive some shims along with the brass spaces that I got with the marker but I don't think they go in there. I notice how everone is very helpful and I hope to have that kind of knowledge with Automags one day so I can help guide the new users. Next weekend will be the first time my Angels will be a backup. lol. Thanks again, everyone. V-M

zeroaz
03-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Rapid fire (http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/automag_info/rapidfire/how-to-rapidfire.html)