PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my X-Mag!

Niox
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Finally got my X-Mag back from Sir Tuna today! :D

http://www.sui-paintball.co.uk/images/gear/sw_xmag1.png

http://www.sui-paintball.co.uk/images/gear/sw_xmag2.png

Standard Design
E-Mag Valve
Unknown Bolt
Tunablade Trigger
WL Module
Warp Feed
DXS Pulse

I think it is time to say a big huge thank you to Tuna for putting in a stupid amount of time to get it functional again.

P.S

I can't figure out how to drive the 3.2 software. I understand the total shots, shot limiter, ACE and Trigger, but I don't know what the SHBF setting is??? :tard:

punkncat
03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Not really sure I understand the logic behind having a hopper faster than the warp....

Enjoy your newly repaired XMag

Niox
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Not really sure I understand the logic behind having a hopper faster than the warp....

Cheers buddy! :cheers: I'm using the Pulse as I can't see the point buying something slower just for the sake of plonking it on a warp. If I ever get my Vert module or another marker I can just swap hoppers around. That and its shiny and new, you can't deny a bloke a new gadget can you?????? :D

jenarelJAM
03-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Is this the one he had to rebuild just about everything inside the grip, completely custom?
Looks nice :clap:

mag_lover05
03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
wheres the lil yellow pin to turn it on/off in the pictures?

punkncat
03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Cheers buddy! :cheers: I'm using the Pulse as I can't see the point buying something slower just for the sake of plonking it on a warp. If I ever get my Vert module or another marker I can just swap hoppers around. That and its shiny and new, you can't deny a bloke a new gadget can you?????? :D

You make a good argument there. No sense wasting money on a hopper that would do you no good on a vert feed.
:cheers: (w/ Guiness)

Niox
03-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah this is the one which the poor fellow had to rebuild all the electronics. Sorry if this held up anyone else's markers.

I think I'm going to get pics up of the bolt later on to see if TK can shed any light on it.

wheres the lil yellow pin to turn it on/off in the pictures?

It doesn't need one, there is a little flip switch infront of the trigger guard. I'll get a close up later.

You make a good argument there. No sense wasting money on a hopper that would do you no good on a vert feed.
:cheers: (w/ Guiness)

You sir are a legend! Keep spreading the Guinness word.

p8ntbal4me
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM

My warp feed feeds above 20bps consistantly after moding it.

Check the paintball talk section and search my name for the warp feed mod.

Ive been running my proto-type iMag lowers with an Empire B2 modded, and my warp. Gun set to uncapped rof.

Dumps the hopper in 5 seconds.

Mod takes about an hour if your good with a solder gun,.. worth checking it out.

Un-modded warps are fine, but if you want to invest 10 bucks of parts and an hour of your time,.... check out my mod I did.

FlawleZ
03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Congrats on getting your Xmag back. Are those the original lowers that came with the Xmag? They're definitely not the ULE lowers, but it really doesn't matter. Do you have any pictures without the warp setup? Kind of hard to see the gun entirely in its beauty when something like the pulse or warp is blocking the view.

Niox
03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
http://www.sui-paintball.co.uk/images/gear/sw_euxmag1.png
http://www.sui-paintball.co.uk/images/gear/sw_euxmag2.png
http://www.sui-paintball.co.uk/images/gear/sw_euxmag3.png

Those are taken before the service, note the standard trigger.

olinar
03-19-2007, 05:47 PM
that thing is sweet. that version has always been my favorite, its called the std right? anyways, were you thinking about getting it annoed once you find a vert breech?

Niox
03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Definatley going to touch up the blue anno methinks. It fits in with the rest of my kit pretty nice. I can't wait untill sunday to test her out!

buzzboy
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
SHBF is shot buffer. I really don't know what that means though.

wjr
03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Do you have any pics of the wierd bolt?

Nick E
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Is it metal w a derlin sleeve(dunno about derlin or delrin, i've heard it many different ways) anyway, if that's it, it's the original superbolt, if you look at a newer level ten it says superbolt II on it..

Tunaman
03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Glad you got it back so quick Niox. To answer a few of these guys' questions, that gun is not even a "standard" version. It is definately a prototype version of some sort. I have never seen a bolt like that, nor is the gripframe a standard AGD version. It has no board standoffs(what a biotch). There is also no negative terminal post or a place to put one. That part is all milled off. The battery has custom 9v clips installed. DO NOT take that gun apart past the valve or try to get it reannoed or it will never work again. This was the gun from hell...but its all good now minus the Euro ACE system(they sucked anyway). Again...be very careful with your charger and those 9v clips. Test the polarity befor hooking it up. The battery is fully charged so that should last awhile. Let me know how it goes. Thanks ;)

FlawleZ
03-19-2007, 07:05 PM
The shot buffer is basically the sensitivity of the trigger. It's also directly related to the chance of bounce. 4 is the lowest setting available for 3.2 and is USUALLY where you want it to help achive maximum ROF.

deathstalker
03-19-2007, 07:22 PM

If I correctly understand your comment, the Warp will feed only as fast as it gets fed under rapid firing. If you use a Revy and a Warp, you will skip some shots with long strings because the Revy can't keep up. It's a lot more difficult for gaps to form if you use a faster hopper.

madcrisis
03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
lets just say i wish i could afford that or receive one for free

flyingpootang
03-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Nice to see another matching trigger. My green Euro came from M.Don and according to him it was one of the first 10 sent to the US. It also has a matching greem trigger.

Beemer
03-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Get a little longer hose and lose that elbo at the breach, you dont need it. Mine feeds fine with out it.

Niox
03-20-2007, 03:07 AM
There you have it then gents. I am too petrified to take this baby apart incase she breaks. I may get the breech annoed to match and the battery pack (minus the battery) just to touch up the scuffs and what not. See what the future holds I think will be best. I'll post some more in depth stuff when I use it on Sunday.

FiXeL
03-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Nice to see another matching trigger. My green Euro came from M.Don and according to him it was one of the first 10 sent to the US. It also has a matching greem trigger.

M.Don sold 3 Xmags last june i think?? flyingpoontang has the green one, i got a black one, and you got the last one that did'nt have any matching anno-ed feednecks. As i recall he said there were only 4 of these made as a prototype annoed in blue. It's very rare and to what tuna tells about the gun i cannot recognise mine in that. My xmag has a standard emag battery and charger, and except for the ACE board, emag valve and body milling, everything looks just like my CNC xmag. The ACE board has some red wire soldered in (clearly not done by AGD) and the on/off switch does not work. I use the battery pin for that one.

Btw, here's mine:

http://members.chello.nl/u.haarsma/Paintballguns/DSCN2609.JPG

Changed it a bit to a more mil-sim like marker with weaver rail on top with red dot and a barrel shroud.

Niox
03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Wow, that really is nice! I'm kinda sad mine lost the ACE but it was needed to get the thing working again.

I might look into purchasing a more functional X-Mag later in the year and keep this one locked away for special occasions.

FiXeL
03-20-2007, 01:07 PM
You don't need ace... I don't use it with mine either. Just keep your lvl10 bolt in tune and then there's really no need for it.

Niox
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, I hope my mystery bolt turns out to be a Lv10 prototype/variant.

p8ntbal4me
03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
According to the first run of bolts made from AGD,.. they were made of delin with a Aly shell.

I dont know if the delrin was totally enclosed but Im assuming so.

toXicpb
03-21-2007, 10:49 AM
This means im one step closer to having my gun built from tuna. :)

Nice mag Niox!

Spider-TW
03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, I hope my mystery bolt turns out to be a Lv10 prototype/variant.

I have seen a picture of that bolt on here somewhere. I think you are correct about it being a superbolt (I) or level 8 (was there a level 9?). The thread was about the history of bolt revisions. The level 8 didn't last long due to problems with the sleve (delrin I think), maybe from oil swell if it was delrin. If that is so, you might be careful about how much oil you run through it. I don't think it was anti-chop though. It will have a hole running through the bolt stem if it is anti-chop. The development period was during the 'paint-blender' time and the bolts mainly went out to prototype testers, which fits your gun.

Definitely rare though.

p8ntbal4me
03-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I have seen a picture of that bolt on here somewhere. I think you are correct about it being a superbolt (I) or level 8 (was there a level 9?). The thread was about the history of bolt revisions. The level 8 didn't last long due to problems with the sleve (delrin I think), maybe from oil swell if it was delrin. If that is so, you might be careful about how much oil you run through it. I don't think it was anti-chop though. It will have a hole running through the bolt stem if it is anti-chop. The development period was during the 'paint-blender' time and the bolts mainly went out to prototype testers, which fits your gun.

Definitely rare though.

If it is the proto type TK speaks of in the "secret lab" area, then you would only know for sure by weighting it and/or cutting it in half.

No pictures up of it. That would be neat if it was indeed that bolt!

Niox
03-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Well to boot things off my ASA leaked more than the Titanic so that had to be replaced and thanks to some most beardy person by the name of Belton (using a q-bow) I purchased one. Now the real problems started.

The X-Mag started off by shooting 310fps and chopping like a blender, then the bolt shot its self to bits. We chrono'd it down to 275fps and it chopped like a blender (possibly because the bolt destroyed its self). Then the battery connectors on my warp decided to unsolder themselves and drop off so that killed any chance of using my Mag for the day.

In total I used a Spyder Victor II, Ego 06 and a Shocker NXT.

Tuna if you read this please can you contact me as I'd like to send it back in to get the bolt replaced with a Lv10 and the warp checked as it sempt to be a little sluggish before the battery wires went.

Cow hunter
03-25-2007, 01:27 PM
M.Don sold 3 Xmags last june i think?? flyingpoontang has the green one, i got a black one, and you got the last one that did'nt have any matching anno-ed feednecks. As i recall he said there were only 4 of these made as a prototype annoed in blue. It's very rare and to what tuna tells about the gun i cannot recognise mine in that. My xmag has a standard emag battery and charger, and except for the ACE board, emag valve and body milling, everything looks just like my CNC xmag. The ACE board has some red wire soldered in (clearly not done by AGD) and the on/off switch does not work. I use the battery pin for that one.

Btw, here's mine:

*black Xmag picture*

Changed it a bit to a more mil-sim like marker with weaver rail on top with red dot and a barrel shroud.

i remember someone selling prototype Xmags a while back, i think he said there were 9/10 of them, not sure on that, but i remember that blue one with the raw warp

Niox
03-25-2007, 01:39 PM
At the moment I'm pondering whether it is worth me keeping it and fixing it up or to sell it and get something more rough and ready. I don't really want to be finding something up with it every time I'm on the field.

Russ
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you ship it back & forth from the UK to the US?

Niox
03-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Do you ship it back & forth from the UK to the US?
Going to have to I'm afraid. I am tempted by phat4life's 04 viking. See if he wants to trade... :(

phat4life07
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
im here ;)

Niox
03-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Good good, and I hate the suspenseful pauses you leave on AIM, I'll have no nerves left!

flyingpootang
03-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, that really is nice! I'm kinda sad mine lost the ACE but it was needed to get the thing working again.

I might look into purchasing a more functional X-Mag later in the year and keep this one locked away for special occasions.

The ACE on mine was burned out also and had to be removed. It didn't use an ace board instead there is a pot wired directly to the emag board & HES. The bottom of the body was channel milled for the wiring to the eye. I have pics, but I have no idea how to post them. It would be great if Tuna or TK could elaborate on this type of ACE set up.

Chrishew09
03-26-2007, 11:07 AM
The shot buffer is basically the sensitivity of the trigger. It's also directly related to the chance of bounce. 4 is the lowest setting available for 3.2 and is USUALLY where you want it to help achive maximum ROF.

The shot buffer (SHBF) is the time in milliseconds the microcontroller waits before is allows another trigger pull to fire the solinoid, it prevents false firing from electrical noise and / or electro-magnetic interference (EMI).

The larger the number on the screen the longer the microcontroller waits...

Tunaman
03-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Well to boot things off my ASA leaked more than the Titanic so that had to be replaced and thanks to some most beardy person by the name of Belton (using a q-bow) I purchased one. Now the real problems started.

The X-Mag started off by shooting 310fps and chopping like a blender, then the bolt shot its self to bits. We chrono'd it down to 275fps and it chopped like a blender (possibly because the bolt destroyed its self). Then the battery connectors on my warp decided to unsolder themselves and drop off so that killed any chance of using my Mag for the day.

In total I used a Spyder Victor II, Ego 06 and a Shocker NXT.

Tuna if you read this please can you contact me as I'd like to send it back in to get the bolt replaced with a Lv10 and the warp checked as it sempt to be a little sluggish before the battery wires went.
I had a bad feeling about that bolt. For those interested, it is not the delrin sleeved superbolt. It looks like a standard L10 bolt, but the last 1/8" was rubber. The bolt length was shorter than standard also. I cant even guarantee that a standard L10 bolt will even work. Remember...this is a prototype marker to the best of my knowledge. I am not too happy with the design. We can give it a try though, and I can surely fix the warp.

Niox
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Cryin' shame :cry:

I told Tuna that I was willing to trade you a brand new Level 10 bolt for that prototype bolt, just for the novelty of having it. It sucks that its now broken.
The only thing missing is the rubber outline on the front of the bolt, speak to phat4life07 as he is now the proud owner of this little project. I may regret it at some point or another but that's life.

Cheers,
Niox

wjr
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I've a question about it. Is the valve and body made to AGD spec? Or is it just the lowers and electronics that are shoddily made?

skife
03-28-2007, 11:33 PM
I've a question about it. Is the valve and body made to AGD spec? Or is it just the lowers and electronics that are shoddily made?

even if it is made to spec, its a prototype, they were trying out ideas to see what works.

phat4life07
03-29-2007, 09:17 AM
even if it is made to spec, its a prototype, they were trying out ideas to see what works.

omg!@ 2000th post

Aslan
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
This means im one step closer to having my gun built from tuna. :)

Nice mag Niox!

So this is why I haven't heard from Tuna in over a month. I keep having nightmares that my minimag got buried in his laundry basket. :eek: Then I started thinking, "What if it's like the Secretary of State's office where you're supposed to take a number...and I didn't know that...so when I finally figured it out I was stuck behind 3 people that were trying to get Hazmat endorsements and were lacking green cards. Or in Tuna/Mag terms...I didn't realize it and got stuck behind people with one of a kind prototype X-Mags that need to have their electronics rebuilt.

That or he saw that I sent it in with a nice boa barrel on it and decided to steal it... :spit_take ...I guess if I see a boa barrel for sale on Ebay from someone calling themselves "Tuna6969" I'll finally have solved the mystery. ;)

Tunaman
04-05-2007, 05:10 AM
So this is why I haven't heard from Tuna in over a month. I keep having nightmares that my minimag got buried in his laundry basket. :eek: Then I started thinking, "What if it's like the Secretary of State's office where you're supposed to take a number...and I didn't know that...so when I finally figured it out I was stuck behind 3 people that were trying to get Hazmat endorsements and were lacking green cards. Or in Tuna/Mag terms...I didn't realize it and got stuck behind people with one of a kind prototype X-Mags that need to have their electronics rebuilt.

That or he saw that I sent it in with a nice boa barrel on it and decided to steal it... :spit_take ...I guess if I see a boa barrel for sale on Ebay from someone calling themselves "Tuna6969" I'll finally have solved the mystery. ;)It's coming Bro. You are next in line. Another day or so. Thanks for being patient. I'll hook you up. ;)