PDA

View Full Version : Maxflo micro

PBI82
03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Heya AO..my 1st time posting...long time lurker. :bounce:
I picked up a maxflow for my automag. i was wondering a couple things about it. can i use the steel braided hose that the mag usese or do i need to switch to microline?

the other thing was what drops work with these? cuz my dead on paintball one sure in the hell dosent *sighs* i like that one alot.

craltal
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
If memory serves you can't use the micro. I don't believe SP makes a high pressure kit for the micro max-flo

Ydna
03-21-2007, 11:39 AM
The micro system is actually a preset HP only so it'll work.

You can use stainless braided hose but only if you're able to install it correctly. The port on the front of the reg is recessed down so you may not be able to get leverage to tighten the hose
(the macroline fitting that comes on it is installed with a 3/16" allen wrench).

craltal
03-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks for clarifying my faulty memory. I'll blame it on the cold medication and long hours at work...

:D

PBI82
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for clarifying my faulty memory. I'll blame it on the cold medication and long hours at work...

:D

Cold medication? you dont have a cold :P /spam

The micro system is actually a preset HP only so it'll work.

You can use stainless braided hose but only if you're able to install it correctly. The port on the front of the reg is recessed down so you may not be able to get leverage to tighten the hose
(the macroline fitting that comes on it is installed with a 3/16" allen wrench).

so would it be better to use microline?

craltal
03-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Cold medication? you dont have a cold :P /spam

so would it be better to use microline?

Oh, my runny nose and on-the-verge-of exploding-from-the-pressure head would beg to differ...

If I'm reading Ydna right, I'd just use macroline since the fitting will already be there. I've never had a problem with a mag and macroline when I used HPA

PBI82
03-21-2007, 04:27 PM
okies kool. whats the maxflo preset at anyway?

and does anyone know a dropforward that has the same dovetail set up as it? my dead on dosent :(

SummaryJudgement
03-21-2007, 04:34 PM
NOT MICROLINE!

MACROline.......

There is a huge difference.

And the micro Max-flo is adjustable, but with a high pressure output :)

PBI82
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
so whats the differnce in micro and macro line?

onedude36
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
so whats the differnce in micro and macro line?
micro line is small and has poor flow rates... macro is larger with better flow...

PBI82
03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
ah :) so what would be a good drop then?

Sudz
03-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Though you bought the micro already ill post this for others. I feel the micro to be a troubleshooting disaster. There is no bleed on the air system and if you air up your marker and for some reason you cant get it firing, good luck getting it to de-pressurize. At a tourney a teammate had gun troubles with his mag, and I had to pull the pressurized macroline from the fitting, it whipped back and smoked my finger, leaving a nice scar now. So id advise something with a bleed system, as there really isn't a way to de-pressurize the mag w/out one if you cant get your marker firing.

PBI82
03-21-2007, 06:06 PM
yea, i almost regret buying. they should have a quick release on it or something

Ydna
03-22-2007, 04:17 PM
it'd have to be designed differently for that to work. You could always put in a QD or check valve (or both) to help out.

For the record, the "flow" of microline is okay, but the problem is the hose is smaller and can't take the pressures. The hose blowing off or bursting is common with them.
Good for LP applications, but not so good for anything else...lol

PBI82
03-22-2007, 06:37 PM
it'd have to be designed differently for that to work. You could always put in a QD or check valve (or both) to help out.

For the record, the "flow" of microline is okay, but the problem is the hose is smaller and can't take the pressures. The hose blowing off or bursting is common with them.
Good for LP applications, but not so good for anything else...lol

whats a QD?

craltal
03-22-2007, 06:58 PM
whats a QD?

quick disconnect

Pneumagger
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I use a maxflow micro, and have a QD on the line going from the palmers fatty to the xvalve.
I haven't had problems with my tank at all and love the unified look of it all.

In the end though, it's the same as a bolt on screw-in tank in terms of operation - for whatever that's worth.

PBI82
03-25-2007, 07:13 AM
where would i pick up a QD and qwould i be able to use it with my current set up?

Pneumagger
03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Quick dissconnects can be had at Airsoldier.com, and local PB shop, or any decent online shop. Don't let them charge more than $10 for it though. They come in nickel coatedbrass and stainless. I got a nice 303 stainless Q/D Im thinking of getting blackened when I send in my frame to be anndized.

Best place to put it that I've found is next to the valve and use some rubber coated stainless line. Although if needed, my pneuframe can exhaust the gun's pressure.
(lame excuse to show off my pic) :rolleyes: What I lovemost about the Micro maxflo tank is it balances the marker at the strip screw, so when the gunis resting on the top of the shooting hand, it's perfectly balanced.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Mag%20Stuff/84c29439.jpg