PDA

View Full Version : Shootdown Possibilities

covadsucks
01-04-2002, 12:00 PM
Hi Guys,
Last weekend, I was experiencing a lot of shootdown with my stock Minimag Valve. Upon disassembly of the valve, I noticed my Reg Valve Pin and Spring are flat out stuck in the seat. Would this be the root of my shootdown, a poor fit between that and my reg Seat? Not enough spring tension perhaps? Obviously this will be replaced and rebuilt with a new Mag Parts Kit, but what if anything else would be causing such a drastic amount of shootdown? I use a preset 68 3k PMI Fiber tank, and no other regulation between the tank and my valve...so it's not being choked off any.

BlackVCG
01-04-2002, 12:23 PM
More than likely just a bad seat. Make sure the sealing surface on the reg. valve pin is cleaned and there are no scratches. What happens with reg. seats over time is they deform and rise in the center. This closes off the actual air gap for air to flow in and causes shootdown in rapid fire. Just replace the seat, oil it and put it all back together. Should work fine unless the piston o-ring is sticking.

Army
01-04-2002, 12:26 PM
Yup, what Black said is the usual fault. The spring is only to hold the pin in place, it does nothing else.

covadsucks
01-04-2002, 12:27 PM
thanks! I'll try that once i get my mag rebuilt and see what's what with it.