PDA

View Full Version : 2 Socket Q-Loader Automag?

chadlh
03-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Has anyone tried using two Q-Loader sockets on a Powerfeed left or right Automag? I've got two and was wondering if this would be possible? One would be mounted off the foregrip below the barrel and the second one would be mounted behind the main grip sort of in a gun stock position with the air being remote. The setup would have one hose coming in each feedtube. This would ballance the gun and give the setup a 200 paint ball capacity. Just an idea so feel free to give me your opinion

olinar
03-21-2007, 05:18 PM
well if there was a way you could control the flow itd be pretty cool. ie, you run one and as soon as its out you run the other but that is the same as just carrying an extra pod unless your anal about packs i think itd be overkill. the sheer size of the end produst would turn me away.

maniacmechanic
03-22-2007, 05:24 PM
have you tried your Q on the powerfeed body ??? I had a 68 PF set up with a Q and I just couldn't get it to feed right no matter what I had the spring tension set at , BUT it works great on my ULE'd RT/Pro

Sudz
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
you would ave no end cap to guide the balls into the breech. they would just press against each other and maybe feed in if it rolls right.

ta2maki
03-23-2007, 03:05 AM
have you tried your Q on the powerfeed body ??? I had a 68 PF set up with a Q and I just couldn't get it to feed right no matter what I had the spring tension set at , BUT it works great on my ULE'd RT/Pro

Maybe you had the old(non-parabolic) powerfeed plug?

p8ntbal4me
03-23-2007, 04:27 AM
My buddy and I are actually building one right now,.. but with 6 pods and caps mounted under the belly and barrel of a Micro-mag,.. not just 2.

I had the concerns you all had, the balls pushing eachother so that they wont feed.

My idea was to connect all the tubes in a 6 pipe to 1 pipe feed toward the breach.

To prevent the stacks from pushing eachother, Im using linch pins with holes through the feed tubes just in front of each tube.

When the first one is done, you rip the next pin out and the stack keeps pushing.

Ultimate goal is to have a see-saw like toggle on the side of the breach so when the last ball passes and no pressure is on one side, it opens the next feed tube.

All that involves electronics, but I plan to use eyes for the sensors as I have a bunch laying around.

Badger1099
03-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Sounds like it will look like a Qloader 6-pack. :headbang:

p8ntbal4me
03-23-2007, 07:43 PM
We got the plubbing done, problem is making a light bracket to mount to the gun to hold the pods.

ta2maki
03-24-2007, 02:29 AM
6 Pods? Eep, that sounds heavy.

ProblemKinder
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
i can't wait to see a picture of that. and a video for that matter.

p8ntbal4me
03-27-2007, 04:19 AM
i can't wait to see a picture of that. and a video for that matter.

Icant either. I just started back to work yesterday so my otehr projects are taking a back burner now untill the weekends.

Right now we have a scuba, a duffle bag of pods and a classic R/T converted to an X-Valve that bounces like crazy and cant be pulled unless you want to rock 25bps.

Were gonna run that in a big game in a few weeks. I already paid someone to video tape it.