PDA

View Full Version : For the second time this year...

Caboose
03-22-2007, 11:24 PM
The AGD bolt design is taken by a company.

First was the "Boost Forward" by Proto/Dye on the new Rail.
"When the PMR is fired the solenoid is actuated and the air inside the can is exhausted out. This
causes the Bolt to start moving forward with the force created by the air inside the supply chamber.
Once the bolt has moved about half way forward the input into the supply chamber is closed and a
patent pending Boost™ feature is activated on the back. This gives the bolt an extra push forward
and makes sure the valve of the PMR is opened fast and efficiently. The secondary benefit of this
Boost™ feature is that on the initial part of the bolt movement the bolt pushes very gently against the
paintball inside the breach reducing ball breakage."

Second was just released. The "Zick Kit" on the SL-74 (PL SL-66 type for the 07 Ego).
"Still using the unique body-integrated sleeve design of the Ego7, the SL utilizes an all-new rammer shaft and rammer cap, and is called the Zick, or “Zero-Kick” Kit. The design of the Zick Kit offer two very important improvements over the previous design of Rammer and has been in development and testing for the past few months. The key areas of improvement are, reduced kick, and a more gentle acceleration of paintball in the breech. The way the Zick Kit works is by providing a reduced driving force to the rammer and bolt over the first few millimetres of travel on the extension stroke, and then using the same mechanism as a pneumatic damping system on the return stroke. By doing this the bolts initial acceleration is lower, and hence the force on the paintball is lower, during the start of the travel, and then increases once the bolt has started to move. This means the bolt can be far more gentle on the paint as it pushes it through the breech into the barrel. On the return stroke the rear of the rammer uses the same parts to create an “air cushion” to retard the speed of the rammer in a controlled manner rather than just stopping it by smacking it into a bumper.
Overall result? The Zick Kit allows you to shoot even more fragile paint with even fewer problems, and in the process produces less kick to keep those ropes of paint even more on target."

SummaryJudgement
03-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, it is a good idea and design, so if AGD isn't going to sue anybody who has something similar I guess it's just gonna happen ;)

Maybe AGD/Tom takes it as a compliment........

onedude36
03-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Doesnt the Mini have something similar?

cyrus-the-virus
03-23-2007, 12:00 AM
AGD is an oldschool company. most of whom belive in taking the sport forward.

Imagine what paintball would be like if tippmann had decided to keep the rights tothe pin valve to themselfs?

I thinks it's great that atleast one company has survived the is not sue happy in today's corprate paintball.

Tao
03-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Well trying to corner the market on something everyone uses is one thing, but if I were AGD I would try to keep some of the more unique features. The innovations which takes the whole sport forward is one thing, but the (smaller) features which are unique to a companies products is another.
I would try and protect the level 10 design for sure.

pennywise
03-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Maybe DYE made a deal with AGD that will let DYE use the bolt design, and in return AGD can produce a new electro without fear of a lawsuit or a high licensing fee (since DYE, SP & WDP have co-patents)! :ninja:

We can dream anyway... :rolleyes:

paintballfiend
03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
I would like them to tell where they came up with these designes. I hope they would give AGD some credit.