PDA

View Full Version : Automag in the rain

JOB711
03-23-2007, 11:43 AM
I have a RT Pro ULE and was wondering how it shoots in the rian.

I played with it once last year and kind of remember it. I think the gun actually shot perfectly. The only problems were that water got into the barrel and put spin on the ball maybe. Also, my mask fogged up so I quit playing after a few rounds.

Dark Side
03-23-2007, 12:30 PM
No electronics to fry, the only real problem I could see was if you use CO2 instead of HPA. More moisture could cause problems for your valve in theory.

SithSteve
03-23-2007, 02:03 PM
One of my team-mates shoots Mags exclusively. We have been to several senarios where rain has been a factor. He was one of the few that had ZERO issues with his gun firing. He is using HPA, and his only complaint was a lack of accuracy due to water in the barrel, swelling of the paint, and rain affecting trajectory of the paint once it left the barrel.

FiXeL
03-23-2007, 06:15 PM
If the barrel has porting, put a plastic baggie around it so water cannot reach inside the barrel. Tape off the powerfeed or any other parts that would allow water inside the chamber of your marker. It won't be a fix-all, but it will help. Now some mirracle cure that stops goggles fogging during a rain... :spit_take

mag_lover05
03-23-2007, 06:56 PM
i used to throw my old minimag in the dishwasher.... it broke the dishwasher, and the mag was fine.

RedEyes
03-23-2007, 08:28 PM
wasnt in the old tech video that you can clean the mag buy putting in a tub of water and firing it?

Al_Steel
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
The reason I chose mags was b/c of the ability to use them in all weather conditions. Scenario is all day, rain or shine and electros are just too fragile IMO and IME. In bad weather I even dislike using an agitated feeder b/c of the electronics but have found a plastic baggie works wonders... until you have to reaload.

The great thing is the valve and bolt are all enclosed with nothing exposed. Most mechanicals have some kind of external cycling mechanism that can allow water inside the gun, but not so with a mag. So a mag is almost perfect for wet weather play. Cover your power feed with tape or otherwise make sure water can't find it's way into the bolt through the feedneck and you should be good-to-go.

Sumthinwicked
03-23-2007, 10:15 PM
well i used my longbow at stalingrad this year inthe rain while my teams guns were dont to tipman old sl 68 pumps ahahahah

ta2maki
03-24-2007, 02:40 AM
As long as the paint stays dry, NO PROBLEM.

Do we need the zak vetter video link?

http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/automag_stress_test.mp4

The_Don_83
03-24-2007, 07:26 AM
I have a RT Pro ULE and was wondering how it shoots in the rian.

I played with it once last year and kind of remember it. I think the gun actually shot perfectly. The only problems were that water got into the barrel and put spin on the ball maybe. Also, my mask fogged up so I quit playing after a few rounds.

You are correct... I just used my mag down here in FL on a rainy day two weeks ago... the electro guns all quit and had to sit the rest of the day. My two mags shot fine all day in the rain... only problem as you say was water getting in the barrel....I wish I would have thought about plastic wrap around the barrel...Good idea FiXeL!! :clap: because that would have saved many paintballs :shooting:

:cheers:

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-24-2007, 07:30 AM
This winter my viking was so cold that the noid wasn't clicking, broke out hte mag and it worked amazing. As long as you cover your porting with like electrical tape it'll shoot like it was dry outside

StygShore
03-24-2007, 09:18 AM
electrical tape.... good enough for noobs with a spinning hopper on their Spyder, good enough to cover the holes in a ported barrel :) I have 3 large roles of electrical tape in my gear bag.

Styg

FiXeL
03-24-2007, 11:45 AM
You are correct... I just used my mag down here in FL on a rainy day two weeks ago... the electro guns all quit and had to sit the rest of the day. My two mags shot fine all day in the rain... only problem as you say was water getting in the barrel....I wish I would have thought about plastic wrap around the barrel...Good idea FiXeL!! :clap: because that would have saved many paintballs :shooting:

:cheers:

Ey, i only picked that one up from webdog. :D