PDA

View Full Version : So I need a new gun....

cyrus-the-virus
03-23-2007, 12:13 PM
ok well as most of you know my house burnt downand my e-mag is now skrewd so I'm looking into new better guns.... I could use your guy's help in deciding....

1: I'm buying new not used.
2: No vikings/excals/timmy's/mags(I'm moving on from mags for now)
3: The insurance company is picking up the tab so.... ;)

I'm looking at the 07 cyborg because of the insane price of HPA around here but I'm open to suggestions. I've liked just about everygun I've been able to hold (except SP new ion)

Ok post away....

turbo chicken
03-23-2007, 12:46 PM
an epic marker ... they're supposed to be good on Co2 ... i think they are called ice epic. They aren't electro though.

I'm not really up on any EP markers that work well on Co2.

But I'm sure there are some other electro mechanical ones that work great... on Co2 ... or even a foward air spring return type of marker ...

http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/198/

but if you decide to go woth HPA ... the possibilities are endless ...

edit### e-blazer :)

cyrus-the-virus
03-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm getting compressed air, so I don't need a CO2 friendly marker.

turbo chicken
03-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm getting compressed air, so I don't need a CO2 friendly marker.

Edited above post ... e-blazer :)

edit##bah ther i go again forgetting bout cocker threading...

AGDRetro
03-23-2007, 01:01 PM
The Cyborg is an excellent choice considering your need for efficiency. If I were in the "high-end" electro market I would be picking between that and the FEP Quest. Love the look of the Cyborg, but the profile of the Quest is more comparable to a Mag. Both are Cocker threaded for the next Mag you buy :D

68magOwner
03-23-2007, 01:44 PM
The Cyborg is an excellent choice considering your need for efficiency. If I were in the "high-end" electro market I would be picking between that and the FEP Quest. Love the look of the Cyborg, but the profile of the Quest is more comparable to a Mag. Both are Cocker threaded for the next Mag you buy :D

I really wouldnt reccomend a quest, I have owned 3 now, maybe their just not my thing, but, havent liked any of them. The cyborg is a fine option but, not what I would choose just because I dont find them to be comfortable in my hands at all.

Right now If someone were to offer me a *currently produced* high end marker I would probably take a ripper 3, Because they shoot great and really, I just want one to match my ripper 1. If insurance is picking up the tab, you could always get a SL 74 or bob longs new "closer" ....neither of which i have seen posted on AO, but, the SL74 is the newest ego, 3oz lighter than the already stupid light 07, and has some extra bells and whistles, and the closer is a new milling pattern for bob longs onyx line of markers, that includes the 4 eye syestem, a tadao board, and a few other snazzy things stock.

Chaos_Theory!
03-24-2007, 06:27 AM
If vikings and excals are out of the question (why, i dont know) then i highly suggest a cyborg.

warbeak2099
03-24-2007, 11:10 AM
If vikings and excals are out of the question (why, i dont know) then i highly suggest a cyborg.

Because he's buying new not used...

Cow123
03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Get a cocker. Insanely efficient. Fast. Cool looking.

viper-mayhem
03-24-2007, 11:24 AM
ok well as most of you know my house burnt downand my e-mag is now skrewd so I'm looking into new better guns.... I could use your guy's help in deciding....

I'm looking at the 07 cyborg because of the insane price of HPA around here but I'm open to suggestions. I've liked just about everygun I've been able to hold (except SP new ion)

Ok post away....
What about Angel's? Have you seen the new A1's? Please don't say they are just like AKA, because they are not.

kiltedpainter
03-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I've seen good reviews on the new Fusions.

jenarelJAM
03-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I was wondering the same thing...
There <i>are</i> new vikings available, at least last I checked. I think DC has them every once in awhile, and doesn't yeppers?
Well, failing a viking, have you thought about a pump? Custom phantom or a s6?

aqua_scummm
03-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Destructive Customs and AKA both have new vikings in stock as of a few weeks ago

Pneumagger
03-24-2007, 12:30 PM
mini?

going_home
03-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Destructive Customs and AKA both have new vikings in stock as of a few weeks ago

I cant find the new Vikings on either site.
So unless they are telephone sales only so as to keep the SP dogs away, the statement is... :ninja:

You can get the raw halfmill bodies, have them anodised, and send them to AKA for assembly though. So thats basically a brand new Viking that AKA doesnt have their fingerprints on as far as sales.

http://www.yeppers-llc.com/product_info.php?products_id=85

Opinions are like feet, most people have them, and most of them stink.
Having said that, heres mine : there is no better electronic marker than a Viking.
Reliable and easy to maintain.
I love my Emag but when the air supply is low....well you know the rest of the story.
;)

aqua_scummm
03-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I emailed them. They don't have to hide from SP, they're not producing anything new, and already settled for the ones that were already made.

thomas
03-24-2007, 01:22 PM

I cant find the new Vikings on either site.
So unless they are telephone sales only so as to keep the SP dogs away, the statement is...

You can get the raw halfmill bodies, have them anodised, and send them to AKA for assembly though. So thats basically a brand new Viking that AKA doesnt have their fingerprints on as far as sales.

Just call, they don't list their entire inventory on either site. I talked to Eileen at AKA a couple of weeks ago and she told me they still had '03 and '04 Viking bodies in stock. It's probably cheaper to order one through DC though. They also have Merlin bodies in stock if anyone is interested. I didn't ask about Excals.

WenULiVeUdiE
03-24-2007, 05:54 PM
Go buy an 07 Ego.

Then trade it for what ever you want.

Best chance to try out a lot of markers and not pay anything...Whore it out.

Edit- Honestly, I was never too satisfied with my Viking. Was reliable and all, but felt horrible.

luke@york
03-24-2007, 06:06 PM
iv got an 07 borg, great markers, had the o6 last year again great marker, i suppose they are the spiritual successor to the viking, i.e if viking were still making vikings id imagine it would look and have the same idealogy as the cyborgs, light efficiant consistant etc etc

heres mine for your viewing pleasure.......

couldnt reccomend you buying an 07 or even 06 borg enough

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/lukeyork/PC270004.jpg

iv got an rpg paradigm pro as well lol

Toll
03-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Go buy an 07 Ego.

Then trade it for what ever you want.

I agree with this much. The rest is blasphemy.

olinar
03-24-2007, 06:55 PM
isnt the 07 the most expensive out right now? i would do that and trade for 2 markers with tanks and a loader lol.

StygShore
03-24-2007, 10:17 PM
aurora finish Ego at HB :)

Styg

wjr
03-24-2007, 10:26 PM
The 07 ego idea doesn't sounds bad so long as the insurance company pays for it all...

But I'm curios here. Where are you getting you HPA from now? I remember like, 2 other threads where this came up before.

PsychoBaller
03-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Ok post away....

I have always liked the Borg, but would wait another year til the Milling is a bit more-so, toned down and made smaller.

How about an Ego? Always heard very good things bout them.

Red Star Funk
03-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I would recommend the 07 Borg, considering you want efficiency and something new. Of course a PL would be better, but I don't know of any new PL Borgs. Except I think ranjerzproshop has some X-Fighters in stock, don't remember for sure.

But let me get this straight. Your house burned down, so your insurance company is buying you a new paintball gun? Are they just giving you what the gun was valued at and you pay the difference, or how is it working out?

cyrus-the-virus
03-24-2007, 10:54 PM
lolI really don't want to have to go through the process of buying/trading. Just buy one gun and call it good.

And yeah I have considered pumps. After today I've decided I'm getting an S6 as a backup to my main gun (nothing but problems today with my mag....)

EDIT1: The first S6 I tried was garbage.... I guess the guy just doesen't take care of it or somthing... but today I got to try another S6, it was sick.... I could shoot that thing as fast as a semi auto gun.

I'm really looking hard at the A1's and the 07 borgs.... I've had a chance to try an A1 before, but not a borg yet....

EDIT2: At NEW value my e-mag was easily worth as much as a borg or A1 or somthing... I've got replacement insurance so I'm just going to put down the gun I want rather than my E-mag(Saves me a lot of hassle because of how it works)

wjr: HPA IS avalable around where I live but it is just insanly expensive for me and my team to get it. But since I've got a job I'm going to go out and lease the tank for myself ($90 a year+ like $60-80 to fill). I'm just giving in to the call of compressed air.

lather
03-25-2007, 04:20 AM
[QUOTE=luke@york]iv got an 07 borg, great markers, had the o6 last year again great marker, i suppose they are the spiritual successor to the viking, i.e if viking were still making vikings id imagine it would look and have the same idealogy as the cyborgs, light efficiant consistant etc etc

heres mine for your viewing pleasure.......

couldnt reccomend you buying an 07 or even 06 borg enough

Macdev a spiritual succssor to AKA?

If AKA was still making guns today, do you think they would release a gun with a crappy solenoid? :p

SpecialBlend2786
03-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Macdev a spiritual succssor to AKA?

If AKA was still making guns today, do you think they would release a gun with a crappy solenoid? :p

MacDev is working the issue out, and everything will be fixed free of charge. Fact of the matter is, AKA is NOT making guns today, and MacDev IS. And besides, I'm a viking fan but it isn't like AKA was perfect even while they were making markers.

That aside, I'd recommend an 07 after the noid issue is resolved. Even the 06's are fantastic markers and can be gotten at great prices.

And I still think the G7 platform is much better than the A1 as far as Angels go.

luke@york
03-25-2007, 05:07 AM
the standard noid is still good for 22bps, and the new noid is out v soon for and is available for free and is tested to 33bps with no shoot down etc.

my 06 borg was getting a full case of paint from a 1.1 hp fill, if air is at a premium for you i cant see how you can ignore this pleasant cyborg trait lol im sure the 07 will be the same once iv shot through a few cases and bedded it in

i only said its the spiritual successor to the viking due to when u go on akaowners forum alot of the ppl selling/trading thier vikings are doing so for a borg and visa versa on the macdev forum on pbnation :headbang:

or you could just be another sheep and buy an 07 ego but there getting to be a bit of a "clitty" gun if you ask me, i.e every "&%$ has one :)

cyrus-the-virus
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
the standard noid is still good for 22bps, and the new noid is out v soon for and is available for free and is tested to 33bps with no shoot down etc.

my 06 borg was getting a full case of paint from a 1.1 hp fill, if air is at a premium for you i cant see how you can ignore this pleasant cyborg trait lol im sure the 07 will be the same once iv shot through a few cases and bedded it in

i only said its the spiritual successor to the viking due to when u go on akaowners forum alot of the ppl selling/trading thier vikings are doing so for a borg and visa versa on the macdev forum on pbnation :headbang:

or you could just be another sheep and buy an 07 ego but there getting to be a bit of a "clitty" gun if you ask me, i.e every "&%$ has one :)

I've never seen a macdev marker anware..... I've seen AGD and AKA markers more than macdev.

toXicpb
03-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I personally would recomend a G7 or A1. They have been the best guns I have owned. (out of a cyborg, DM, timmy, cockers)

Caboose
03-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

The company is picking up the tag? Well, the choice is obvious. The second Aurora Nexus Ego ($7,000).

CKY_Alliance
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Might as well list 07 guns since insurance co. is picking up the bill.

DM7- light, comfy, fast, efficeint, overall great gun..keep it lubed it's reliable, great customer service

Proto 6 or 7- 6 I own one and love it (with UL frame) the 7 is the same just lighter and a few minor changes both will be great guns, but I recomend UL frame. keep it lubed it's reliable, great customer service

07 ego (of any type)- light, small, fast, efficient, the new sl-74 (I think SL something) can even be changed from HP to LP with the changing of one part that comes with the gun.

NXT shocker- fast, efficient, not as light as SFT's, keep it lubed it's reliable

Quest- fast, somewhat efficient, small, light, great customer service 07 quest should be great the few problems are being taken care of....

fusion, ION, mini, rail etc..- why buy a budget gun if your not on a budget

Legend- Don't know much about them,but I know they use thre FASOR system so they are probably pretty efficient and im sure they are fast...kind of like an alternative ego

Timmys- fast, efficient, its a timmy'

Marq- Light, small, fast, efficient..

FEP is also coming out with a new gun, I believe it is suppose to operate like an ego...not really sure though..but im sure it will be reliable and you will get great customer service..

I know my descriptions suck but ehh...I suggest a DM7, you will not be dissapointed.

oh and im sure i spelled efficient wrong a bit if not just now...get over it. :cheers:

cyrus-the-virus
03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Might as well list 07 guns since insurance co. is picking up the bill.

DM7- light, comfy, fast, efficeint, overall great gun..keep it lubed it's reliable, great customer service

Proto 6 or 7- 6 I own one and love it (with UL frame) the 7 is the same just lighter and a few minor changes both will be great guns, but I recomend UL frame. keep it lubed it's reliable, great customer service

07 ego (of any type)- light, small, fast, efficient, the new sl-74 (I think SL something) can even be changed from HP to LP with the changing of one part that comes with the gun.

NXT shocker- fast, efficient, not as light as SFT's, keep it lubed it's reliable

Quest- fast, somewhat efficient, small, light, great customer service 07 quest should be great the few problems are being taken care of....

fusion, ION, mini, rail etc..- why buy a budget gun if your not on a budget

Legend- Don't know much about them,but I know they use thre FASOR system so they are probably pretty efficient and im sure they are fast...kind of like an alternative ego

Marq- Light, small, fast, efficient..

FEP is also coming out with a new gun, I believe it is suppose to operate like an ego...not really sure though..but im sure it will be reliable and you will get great customer service..

I know my descriptions suck but ehh...I suggest a DM7, you will not be dissapointed.

oh and im sure i spelled efficient wrong a bit if not just now...get over it. :cheers:

If you spelled it wrong I won't get over it. you just ruined my life.......

any more opinions are welcome....

custar
03-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Invert Mini (local shop says theirs is close to 1900 on a 68/45), Cyborg, or Rainmaker. Okay, just kidding about the Rainmaker. However, if the insurance company is picking up the whole tab and I wanted to be able to switch between CO2 and HPA, I would go with an e-Blazer. It will hold its value as well or better than anything else listed so far.

custar

onedude36
03-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

The company is picking up the tag? Well, the choice is obvious. The second Aurora Nexus Ego ($7,000).
omgee! would def. be my first choice, next would be an sl74, if you dont like it, sell/trade it, make bank.

Caboose
03-25-2007, 09:25 PM
My DM6 was getting 1880 (12 pods + VLocity) per 70/45 fill with leftover air during the last event I played in. The DM7 gets even better efficiency. So, I would go with DM7s. Seriously, Dye has incredible customer service and incredible markers.

lather
03-25-2007, 09:40 PM
MacDev is working the issue out, and everything will be fixed free of charge. Fact of the matter is, AKA is NOT making guns today, and MacDev IS. And besides, I'm a viking fan but it isn't like AKA was perfect even while they were making markers.

That aside, I'd recommend an 07 after the noid issue is resolved. Even the 06's are fantastic markers and can be gotten at great prices.

And I still think the G7 platform is much better than the A1 as far as Angels go.

Yep, 06's borgs are great no doubt, I had one, sold it cause I didnt like the cheap grips/jewel feel. (The 06 was awesome, just didnt feel right to me--personal preferance)

I never claimed Vikings were perfect, but I dont recall AKA ever claiming their new model being faster than the previous year, but in reality 50% slower. Deceptive advertising on MacDev's part at best, taking advantage of a small but loyal fan base at the worst.

I guarantee that if a big company like DYE or ( heaven forbid) Smart Parts made the same judgement error releasing an 07 with so many issues as Macdev did, people would be all over them like white on rice, and forums blazing with anti-DYE or SP venom.

I guess I was a little naive hoping that a small gun manufacturer would be a little more ethical and less hype-driven than the big boys.

CKY_Alliance
03-25-2007, 09:49 PM
My DM6 was getting 1880 (12 pods + VLocity) per 70/45 fill with leftover air during the last event I played in. The DM7 gets even better efficiency. So, I would go with DM7s. Seriously, Dye has incredible customer service and incredible markers.

This man speaks the truth!

Teamate got a DM7 and I have to say it is amazing...has a straight tragectory for a longer time then most matrices...Don't know if thats just his or all of them...

CaliMagFan
03-25-2007, 10:21 PM
This man speaks the truth!

Teamate got a DM7 and I have to say it is amazing...has a straight tragectory for a longer time then most matrices...Don't know if thats just his or all of them *...

*or placebo.

cyrus-the-virus
03-26-2007, 01:01 AM
*or placebo.

wht does birth control have to do with anything?

cyrus-the-virus
03-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Ok Can you guys give me the effecincy #'s of the:

A1
07 borg
07 EGO
DM7
PM7
anyother high end you feel I should look into

For tank sizes:
68/45
68/30
45/45
45/30

Making a life changing desion shoulden't be so god damned hard :mad:

tech-chan
03-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Epic has wonderful efficeincy and does not work on co2 it works on ca. check out the site onlyepic.com for more info or pm me.

Desega
03-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Marq- Light, small, fast, efficient.
:clap: I know you said no timmies, but I love mine so I'll suggest it anyway. The Rapp and Marq markers from BobLong are awesome as well. The Marqs feature a quad eye system that is pretty tastey.

cyrus-the-virus
03-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Epic has wonderful efficeincy and does not work on co2 it works on ca. check out the site onlyepic.com for more info or pm me.

no.

going_home
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM

Heres the right one :

http://www.icepaintball.com/On-line%20sales.htm

I'd like to get one just to see what its all about.

CKY_Alliance
03-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Umm ye I'm not sure either...

Caboose
03-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Ok Can you guys give me the effecincy #'s of the:

A1
07 borg
07 EGO
DM7
PM7
anyother high end you feel I should look into

For tank sizes:
68/45
68/30
45/45
45/30

Making a life changing desion shoulden't be so god damned hard :mad:
My DM6 gets 1200 off of a 45/45 (before I tuned it) and about 2000 off of a 70/45 (so maybe like 1900 off a 68/45). DM7 would get higher numbers.

cyrus-the-virus
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
So macdevs claim of such high effeciancy is just hype?

luke@york
03-27-2007, 02:28 PM
nope, i can get nearly a full case of paint from a 68 bottle on the 07 as i could with the 06, they are seriously efficiant, the tourneys i play in will only fill to 3000psi due to insurance or something and i can still take as much paint out as i want and have air left after a game.

macdev FTW :p

SpecialBlend2786
03-27-2007, 02:33 PM
nope, i can get nearly a full case of paint from a 68 bottle on the 07 as i could with the 06, they are seriously efficiant, the tourneys i play in will only fill to 3000psi due to insurance or something and i can still take as much paint out as i want and have air left after a game.

macdev FTW :p

I can get nearly a case off with my Sonic borg as well :clap:

68magOwner
03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
My DM6 gets 1200 off of a 45/45 (before I tuned it) and about 2000 off of a 70/45 (so maybe like 1900 off a 68/45). DM7 would get higher numbers.
....if the numbers you are quoting are accurate, you may have the most efficient dm6 in existance. :rolleyes:

Dye advertizes 1400 shots off a 68/45 and thats about what people typically get with a dm6.
And the dm7 is only marginally better if at all.

the sl74 should get 1600 off a 68/45 with the LP valve setup installed, and signifigantly more with the high pressure vavle installed (both are included with the marker)

edit- and for the record, trauma has a hard time getting their dm6's to shoot more than 4 pods and a hopper with their 45/45's (hence why many switched to larger tanks) thats half the # of shots you are claiming to get, and thats with professionally set up markers.

aqua_scummm
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Umm ye I'm not sure either...

Placebo effect? Not just in birth control. The idea that if they tell you it will shoot straighter you'll believe it to the point of ignoring the fact that it's just like any other gun.

Caboose
03-27-2007, 04:47 PM
....if the numbers you are quoting are accurate, you may have the most efficient dm6 in existance. :rolleyes:

Dye advertizes 1400 shots off a 68/45 and thats about what people typically get with a dm6.
And the dm7 is only marginally better if at all.

the sl74 should get 1600 off a 68/45 with the LP valve setup installed, and signifigantly more with the high pressure vavle installed (both are included with the marker)

edit- and for the record, trauma has a hard time getting their dm6's to shoot more than 4 pods and a hopper with their 45/45's (hence why many switched to larger tanks) thats half the # of shots you are claiming to get, and thats with professionally set up markers.
I have many witnesses that saw me dropping 12 pods per game at XPSL Bakersfield about a month ago. I even had air left over.

punkncat
03-27-2007, 05:08 PM
I have to agree with SpecialBlend. If you are looking at an Angel, go after the G7 platform for now.

I really don't dig the borg, I guess its a personal thing really.

The 07 Ego is WAY light, even more than the Mini. They are great markers and hold their value well (considering). I don't own one as I can't justify spending $1100 on a marker, but hey you have an angle on that anyway.

68magOwner
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
The 07 Ego is WAY light, even more than the Mini. They are great markers and hold their value well (considering). I don't own one as I can't justify spending $1100 on a marker, but hey you have an angle on that anyway.
no, the 07 ego is not lighter than the mini

the sl74 is however.

cyrus-the-virus
03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm really leaning tward the cyborg.....

Cyborg, A1, PM7, or ego...

68magOwner
03-28-2007, 10:44 AM

do you have any way of shooting each marker (sorry if you already answered this)

cyborg looks amazing on paper, but, I have yet to be impressed with any of them, even the ones that shoot nice, i still cant stand the feel, just not the marker for me.

Pm7? Why not go for the dm7?

A1 is a fine marker, but probably not going to the the efficiency your looking for (its good, but not great)

egos- the ONLY gripe i have about the 07 line of egos is how loud they are, other than that, they just shoot/feel on par if not better than anything else.

that being said.....I dont plan on picking up any of the markers mentioned above. I pretty much found what I like, and own it.

cyrus-the-virus
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
do you have any way of shooting each marker (sorry if you already answered this)

No, the nearesst field is a good 1 1/2 hour away.... If I could I woulden't have even started this thread. But no I haven't answered that..

I have gotten a chance to shoot a A1 and the chance to hold a 06 ego....but past that I'm in the dark here...

Pm7? Why not go for the dm7?

I don't know if I will like the UL frame or not....

God I wish e-mags got better effecincy.... I'd just go buy one of them...

CKY_Alliance
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM

If you are considering the PM7 then you will probably want a UL frame which is another 250
and then you might as well go with the dm7 specially since the bill is not on you...

I personally shoot a pm6 with UL (not-so milled pm7) and I would just get the DM7 if it were me..They both shoot pretty much the same if set up correctly, but the dm7 has a little more length...try em all if you can.

All of them are solid markers, well I believe they have worked all of the kinks out of the A1 so it should be....but the rest are for sure and they will all accomplish the same thing, the ego and borg will get better effiecency then the other two (well not 100% on the angel) it just comes down too personal preference..athstetics and feel..

Placebo effect? Not just in birth control. The idea that if they tell you it will shoot straighter you'll believe it to the point of ignoring the fact that it's just like any other gun.

Only problem with that is no one told me it shoots straighter..I've shot the gun along with many other matrices from dm3's,Pm5's to the 07's and in my personall opinion it shoots somewhat different then other matrices, like I said it may have just been his Im not sure...but it had a straighter tragectory in the fact that it didnt seem to drop off as soon (as soon as normal drop off..not if there were a problem with the gun type drop off)
So ye it's not the "placebo" effect its the I expierenced the firggin thing effect.

cyrus-the-virus
03-28-2007, 04:54 PM
If you are considering the PM7 then you will probably want a UL frame which is another 250
and then you might as well go with the dm7 specially since the bill is not on you...

read you'd notice that I'm not sure if I would like the UL frame....which is why I'm considering the PM7

unless DYE makes a normal 45 frame for the DM7....

93civiccpe
03-28-2007, 05:07 PM
get the new alien independence when it comes out.. =P

68magOwner
03-28-2007, 05:12 PM
read you'd notice that I'm not sure if I would like the UL frame....which is why I'm considering the PM7

unless DYE makes a normal 45 frame for the DM7....

you will like the UL frame

I was skeptical at first, but, after a few minutes of holding it, it just melts into your hand. I have yet to meet a single person who wasnt a fan of the UL frame after using one for any decent ammount of time.

Oh, you mean the one that was scheduled to relase at cup in october 2006? Maybe you should change that to IF it comes out.

cyrus-the-virus
03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
links are wonderful things.....

psychowarden
03-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey Cyrus, I don't think you've seen this yet...
www.lincolnpaintball.com

It's about 20 miles from Moses, so I just thought I would let you know about it. I will soon be working there, somewhere in the middle of April. It's a brand new field, but he does have an indoor speedball field, and is working on 3 more outdoor fields, one being an Urban style, one being more of a Rec field, and the third being a nice outdoor Speedball field.

I am trying to get a group of people to play on the 6th, so if you want to join in, drop me a PM and I can try to get you more info.

Desega
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
I just saw that the Evil Omen is clearing out for a good price right now. It's not the best gun in the world, but it works and it's fast.

68magOwner
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I just saw that the Evil Omen is clearing out for a good price right now. It's not the best gun in the world, but it works and it's fast.
...insurance is buying him whatever he wants, were not looking to go cheap here

cyrus-the-virus
03-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey Cyrus, I don't think you've seen this yet...
www.lincolnpaintball.com

It's about 20 miles from Moses, so I just thought I would let you know about it. I will soon be working there, somewhere in the middle of April. It's a brand new field, but he does have an indoor speedball field, and is working on 3 more outdoor fields, one being an Urban style, one being more of a Rec field, and the third being a nice outdoor Speedball field.

I am trying to get a group of people to play on the 6th, so if you want to join in, drop me a PM and I can try to get you more info.

Yeah I saw that place in the back of APG this month. I'm gonna drop you a PM.

lol no omens for me thanks... :rofl:

stonersr26
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Myself I would go 07 Cyborg and never look back. I would do this for several reasons, efficiency, consistency, low maintenance, and very good customer service. Granted I have never used any of there newer markers I was very impressed with their older ones. And all things considered it would be your best bet. My 2 cents :shooting:

Desega
03-28-2007, 11:14 PM
...insurance is buying him whatever he wants, were not looking to go cheap here
Point taken. G7 Angel.

RavishingEddie
03-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Maybe it would help if you guys mentioned which guns are quieter according to his selections.
A1, 07 Cyborg, 07 Ego, etc.

I have also been looking at buying a new gun to replace my emag and the A1 and 07 Cyborg are the 2 i'm also trying to decide on. One thing that my emag had was quietness. Spoolies are usually the quietest but someone said that the A1 is very quiet. The staff at the Mac Dev at HB told me that the borg is about as loud as an ego. So based on that I would go with the A1. I love the way the DM7 shoots, but I hate the feel of it. If the front frip was a little more spread apart from the frame I would get that and never look back. Both the A1 and Cyborg felt awesome, but that is probably because I have big hands.

cyrus-the-virus
03-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Maybe it would help if you guys mentioned which guns are quieter according to his selections.
A1, 07 Cyborg, 07 Ego, etc.

I have also been looking at buying a new gun to replace my emag and the A1 and 07 Cyborg are the 2 i'm also trying to decide on. One thing that my emag had was quietness. Spoolies are usually the quietest but someone said that the A1 is very quiet. The staff at the Mac Dev at HB told me that the borg is about as loud as an ego. So based on that I would go with the A1. I love the way the DM7 shoots, but I hate the feel of it. If the front frip was a little more spread apart from the frame I would get that and never look back. Both the A1 and Cyborg felt awesome, but that is probably because I have big hands.

quietness means...nothing to me. Unless your gun makes no sound at all people are going to know where you're shooting from on a 3-man field (which is what I usually play). not to mention your voice when calling out the other players.

paintballfiend
03-29-2007, 05:38 PM
A new Alien? I am intriged. Where can I learn more?

HOMELANDEFENDER
03-29-2007, 07:10 PM
I've been using an '05 Ego since it was new. IMO - its perfect. But I recently used an E Tek and was VERY pleased with its performance considering that its not the top of the line. Its light, very efficient, looks great, and its build quality was real nice. For the price I think its the best buy out there. I see no weaknesses in having one.

HLD...

68magOwner
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
quietness means...nothing to me. Unless your gun makes no sound at all people are going to know where you're shooting from on a 3-man field (which is what I usually play). not to mention your voice when calling out the other players.

Honestly, some markers *cough* 07 ego *cough* can be SO loud if set up incorrectly, that you cant hear your teammates at all/they cant hear you, which, really does inhibit your play.

A1 had issues at first, but, all of those have been sorted out, and they are really nice markers. Definatley better than the g7 platform.

Honestly, having shot EVERYTHING on the block, I found my favorite markers, and am very happy with them.

But, if someone was offering me a brand new marker, at no cost to me, it would have to be the sl74. Thing has everything you could ever want and then some. It may be worth it to take the trip out to the paintball field to try some markers out and see what you like though. I mean, it may be a 2 hour trip or whatever, but, you are potentially getting a $2000 marker for it, and it would be better to get one you like rather than one you dont.

Desega
03-29-2007, 11:30 PM
This thread is taking an interesting turn . . .

cyrus-the-virus
03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
This thread is taking an interesting turn . . .

is it an interesting right or an interesting left? Explain because I haven;t noticed anything....

RogueFactor
03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
is it an interesting right or an interesting left? Explain because I haven;t noticed anything....

Hey cyrus..... when should I expect the e-mail from you for a Slug Body?

Chronobreak
03-30-2007, 02:36 PM

if your going to hound people for saying they want one in an "interest thread" please do it by pm :ninja:

that should be btwn you and him, no reason to call him out publicly on multiple ocasions.

mobsterboy

DUDE!!! Just have them send the check to DEadly Wind, and get Colin to colab with Rogue and make you an ubersweet mag, totally custom milled, everything you've ever wanted and more, or see if colin will one off you an AEDES for a certain price :argh:

cyrus-the-virus

monday, I get payed then.

DUDE!!! Just have them send the check to DEadly Wind, and get Colin to colab with Rogue and make you an ubersweet mag, totally custom milled, everything you've ever wanted and more, or see if colin will one off you an AEDES for a certain price :argh:

I already asked Colin how much it would cost to get a aedes made. It costs $you can't afford it. :rofl:

RogueFactor
03-30-2007, 02:54 PM
if your going to hound people for saying they want one in an "interest thread" please do it by pm :ninja:

that should be btwn you and him, no reason to call him out publicly on multiple ocasions.

Thanks for the suggestion Chrono, but this aint PBN. If you have a suggestion, PM me. You shouldnt be moderating publicly on AO.

k, thanks. ;)

cyrus-the-virus
03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Chrono, but this aint PBN. If you have a suggestion, PM me. You shouldnt be moderating publicly on AO.

k, thanks. ;)

I don't mind. now back on topic eh?

RogueFactor
03-30-2007, 03:15 PM
I don't mind. now back on topic eh?

Sounds good bro. I figured you didnt. Sounded like you were busy and missed the original thread. Glad to see you understand.

Thanks! Now...back on topic :cheers:

cyrus-the-virus
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
no more advice from the masses?

WenULiVeUdiE
03-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Get the most expensive and popular gun.
Go on PbN or what ever forum you wish and trade it off for what you want plus gear or money.

Easiest way to get what you want as well as make a few bucks while doing so.

cyrus-the-virus
04-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Get the most expensive and popular gun.
Go on PbN or what ever forum you wish and trade it off for what you want plus gear or money.

Easiest way to get what you want as well as make a few bucks while doing so.

I don't want to do the trading game....

Cow123
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
no more advice from the masses?
Still looking for a gun?

How about a cocker? They rock.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't want to do the trading game....

I guess if it is that much of a deterrent....