PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the..asa?

Cow123
03-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Hey, I just got a new mag from AGD and when I screw my tank into the ASA is will just start shooting air out of the asa, through the threadings I was screwing my tank in. If I tighten it, it still shoots air out. When I remove it my oring is trashed. It's done this with 3 orings. The same tank works just fine in my cocker, so I think something is wrong with the ASA itself. Anyone have a problem like this?

Badmovies.org
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Sometimes certain tanks hate certain ASAs. You might try putting an extra barrel o-ring inside the ASA, all the way at the bottom, then screwing in the tank.

A long time ago I made a vow to only use on/off ASA solutions. I've been much happier ever since.

wjr
03-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey, I just got a new mag from AGD and when I screw my tank into the ASA is will just start shooting air out of the asa, through the threadings I was screwing my tank in. If I tighten it, it still shoots air out. When I remove it my oring is trashed. It's done this with 3 orings. The same tank works just fine in my cocker, so I think something is wrong with the ASA itself. Anyone have a problem like this?

I have had your exact same problem. When I bought my pro classic from AGD a year or two ago the ASA did that. I think they made the pin too long or something.

Cow123
03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
hmm, so I'm not the only one. How did you fix it?

autoMaGiT0420
03-24-2007, 09:31 PM
i am having the same prob right now with my pro classic, the thing is it just started doing this and i have had the classic for about a year now, and then the other day i got it to stop hissing and went through a full tank, then today we played and it did it again(thank god for backup markers) im getting a on/off drop, when i do ill let you know if that changes anything. happy shootin :shooting:

wjr
03-24-2007, 10:22 PM
hmm, so I'm not the only one. How did you fix it?

Bought a new one. Actually, the shop gave me one for free when I sent it in to get it fixed.

Or, you could try shaving a little bit off with a dremel. You'll run the risk of ruining the threads, bit if it won't work any way...

RobOpel
03-24-2007, 11:38 PM
My vert asa does this too. The way I got around it was just drop a tank o-ring in there before you put on the tank, it'll flatten out, but still gives a good seal.

If this is for your bottom line or something, a better fix would be to just get a cp on/off...one of the better things Ive bought. Its not terribly necessary, but it saves so much trouble with cutting o-rings and the frustration that goes along with it.

HTH
Rob

Cow123
03-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Has anyone had any experience calling AGD and asking them? I just called but no one was picking up the phone. Do you think getting another ASA from them would fix the problem? Maybe we just got a bad batch or something? It seems rather lame to spend another $30-$50 on a new marker that should work out of the box. :(

jade_monkey07
03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
i havnt called agd about it but i also had the same problem, the fix was buying better orings, specifically ask for bottle orings, they are usually less flexible opaque white, the softer rubber ones just get eaten, second solution get a remote line, then the bottle will never see the asa, thats where i am now. it doesnt touch the oring on my remote for some reason

Cow123
03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
i havnt called agd about it but i also had the same problem, the fix was buying better orings, specifically ask for bottle orings, they are usually less flexible opaque white, the softer rubber ones just get eaten, second solution get a remote line, then the bottle will never see the asa, thats where i am now. it doesnt touch the oring on my remote for some reason
I've used gone through quite a few new one's that work just fine on other guns, so the orings are definitely not the problem.

I do have a remote line, and the gun works when I use it, but I really don't like using it. I prefer the bottle on the gun much more.

Cow123
03-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Well, I tried dremeling it. Almost worked, but it still gets the orings. I'll give it another go later this weekend. If that doesn't work, I'll fork over the $40 for a new on/off asa. Interesting story though, while I was at the shop buying new orings and filling my tank some one walked up and asked if I was holding an automag. They then proceded to say, "Dang, I haven't seen one of those in 6 years."

old school :cool:

Rusher360
03-31-2007, 08:15 AM
I recently spoke to the tech line at AGD and their solution is to drop an o-ring into the ASA, go figure :tard:

Cow123
03-31-2007, 08:19 AM
I recently spoke to the tech line at AGD and their solution is to drop an o-ring into the ASA, go figure :tard:
Had already tried that. No luck. :(