PDA

View Full Version : Z-Body

jmgg8
01-04-2002, 02:53 PM
What is the Z-Body? What does it do? Where can I get one? How far does it let you shoot?

Cha0tic
01-04-2002, 03:00 PM
ok you could probably search for this and find extensive answers, but here is a summary.

the z-body is made by galactic-z systems. it is a replacement body that takes cocker barrels. it has an adjustable piece inide the body that touches the top of the ball when it is in the breach. the friction puts backspin on the ball. you will shoot further if it is set up right. you need a very big bore barrel and very small bore paint. you can buy them at most major paintball stores.

jmgg8
01-04-2002, 03:02 PM
where should I search?

Rynoboy06
01-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Paintballravi.com has an article on them.

p8ntballer.com has a review of the NPS vortex automag, which uses that body.

I think g3pb.com sells them.

Cha0tic
01-04-2002, 09:07 PM
i do not suggest reading alot of the reviews posted by some of the companies. many people did not use the body right and had poor results. do a search on these forums on "z-body" you should have plenty of opinions.

in my opinion, i think there is a better way to spend the money. i have seen many cases where the accuracy is downright horrible from the backspin.

Rynoboy06
01-04-2002, 10:43 PM
I think the story is that unless you have truly awesome paint the accuracy is bad with the spin adjuster nut in. So you loosen it up and put on a normal barrel, and you have a normal mag again.

joeyjoe367
01-05-2002, 02:31 PM
I've actually got one for sale.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20739

It's one hell of a lot less than I payed for it.

Umm. Ryno boy and Chaotic, I don't think that u should be giving oppinions about this product until you've used one that is properly set up. I'm not meaning to flame. Sorry if I sounded that way.

I use a Galactic Systemz Z-body and a 10" .700 bore size CP barrel, and it works, AS ADVERTISED. No BS.

I haven't done any measuring of how far it shoots with/without backspin, so I can't give u an exact number, but from my approximation, I'd say that it gives u about 40-50% more range than conventional paintguns.

Not to mention a flat-a** trajectory. It's great for woods games if that's what u play. U don't have to worry about hittin' tree branches when u "lob" balls @ ur opponents. just point, and click.

if u go to Ravi's paintball site, he'll give u the same response I did. he even says that if he were to shoot any mag, he'd shoot a z-body mag. But he's a 'cocker guy :rolleyes:

PM me if ur interested

joeyjoe367
01-05-2002, 02:34 PM
oh yeah, and as far as accuracy goes, it's not that great when ur not using backspin, cuz of the large bore barrel u gotta use, but when backspin is dialed in, accuracy is excellent.

the reason for that is that the z-body puts a controlled spin on the ball, and it rolls along the top of the barrel, whereas a paintball going through a large bore barrel that's not under a controlled spin will hit every which-way inside the barrel, and cause inaccuracy.

Rynoboy06
01-05-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm really not trying to say it's bad. All I'm saying is that it is my understanding that the z-body works much better with good paint; that the accuarcy with both backspin and bad paint is less than could be hoped. I believe ravi says that. I'll say it for the record: I have not used one of these so I'm only going on what I've read and heard. And what I've heard is, on the whole, good. Hey,they don't cost much more than a new stock agd body anyway.