PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Trigger ?

Chaos_Theory!
03-26-2007, 10:57 PM
The magnet in the top of the trigger attracts to the one in the top of the trigger frame and the one in the middle of the frame activates the HES, correct? If not please lmk.

Thanks

olinar
03-26-2007, 11:02 PM
correct.

Chaos_Theory!
03-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks, thats all i needed. lol

I was kind of called out on it and i dont like being called on something when i know im right. Even more so when i have emag lowers right here with me.

AO pulls through once again.

Dark Side
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Who and more importantly why, were you called out onit?

FlawleZ
03-27-2007, 01:15 PM
I would be curious to know who (if someone here on AO) had the gumption to call you out on that. That's beyond embarrassing if an emag owner didn't know that already.

Paintchucker
03-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Some people pull the magnets out of the top of the trigger frame. I normally run it with an oring and a magnet on top of it, but last two emags I got had no magnets up there. :( Of course, one of them I found the magnet later down inside the works...

olinar
03-27-2007, 03:53 PM
the magnets add a nice pull to the trigger. i never actually used my emag before selling it but it felt like it was extremely easy to walk. maybe even on mechanical?

Chaos_Theory!
03-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Someone on PBN called me out on it. They stated they wanted a trigger with a repelling magnet like an emag had. I told him an emags magents didnt repel and he said i was wrong. Now if i wasnt a long time mag owner (ive been on AO for a few years under a diff name) who has had many emags and xmags i wouldnt have mind it at all. Anyway i got my answer, thanks guys.

olinar
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
a repelling magnet so the trigger would be depressed the whole time? or did he mean repels from where the center magnet? if so how would the hes respond to the magnet? tell the guy that not only is he an idiot for calling you out but even worse trying to force his idea as true if it doens even make sense.

Paintchucker
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
I guess it would be easy enough to flip the magnet over in the trigger frame and see what it does... Interesting in concept/theory anyway... The little arm on the sear assembly should push the trigger back out after firing and the repelling magnets would prevent the trigger from going too far ??? Sorta like a magnetic trigger stop

:rofl:

olinar
03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
hell of a bounce

Chaos_Theory!
03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Yeah, if the magnet were switched around the trigger would be activating the HES at all times which wouldnt work. Im thinking he just had no idea what he was talking about cus he hasnt brought it up again after i said he was wrong a second time.

Chaos_Theory!
03-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Ok, now he states that the frame he used had the top magnet removed so the trigger repeled. How the hell does removing the triggers magically make it repel? If you remove the magnet in the top of the frame the trigger swings free. God PBN is full of idiots (in the most unlikely of places on PBN).

Desega
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
We've been saying that for years, but just for the heck of it, sigged!