PDA

View Full Version : TK look here please

where am i?
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I am doing a school report on a topic of choise and I chose paintball. In this report you have to have two interviews and I hope to get Tom. I am mainly focising on the begining of paintball and people who helped paintball become as succesful as it as today. In my opion Tom was a person who made a big change in paintball making him my first choise for one of my interviews. I would be very thankful to you Tom if you could give me five minutes of your time.

Tom I would of emailed you but in your profile it is not included. So if you could PM me or email me at conorahearn@gmail.com if are willing to let me interveiw you.

*Sorry if there are spelling mistakes I typed this pretty quickly with only one hand because my left arm is broken.*

warbeak2099
03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Actually, that's the most gramatically correct post you've ever made.

Other people to consider:

Dennis Tippmann (Probably not going to talk to you)
Colin @ Lapco
Glenn Palmer
Bud Orr (Probably not going to talk to you)
Mike Cassidy @ CCI

behemoth
03-27-2007, 09:37 PM

I noticed that too.

Was your right arm broken all this time too?

scion
03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Good luck with that, you might need it considering how busy those guys probably are. They can't just talk to anybody for a school project...

Tao
03-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Deja vu....I swear there is a post from awhile ago which is basically the same thing (school report and everything). I am sure Tom doesn't mind telling his story, but if you do a search for the old post it should help out with your report.

FlawleZ
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Deja vu....I swear there is a post from awhile ago which is basically the same thing (school report and everything). I am sure Tom doesn't mind telling his story, but if you do a search for the old post it should help out with your report.

Whew. I thought I was going crazy there for a second. I was thinking the same thing. I know its around here somewhere, I just don't care to search for it.

Tao
03-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Whew. I thought I was going crazy there for a second. I was thinking the same thing. I know its around here somewhere, I just don't care to search for it.

Yeah so did I! It almost seems word for word even...

AGD
03-28-2007, 12:07 AM
WAI,

I usually grant such requests but at the moment I am in the throws of moving to AZ and thats not going to be over for more than a month. See if you can dig up the old post, that should give you enough info.

AGD

bryceeden
03-28-2007, 07:49 AM

Other people to consider:

Dennis Tippmann (Probably not going to talk to you)
Colin @ Lapco
Glenn Palmer
Bud Orr (Probably not going to talk to you)
Mike Cassidy @ CCI

Actually I would be shocked if Dennis Tippmann said no. Also I'd pretty much garentee Bob Long would talk to you. Mike Cassidy for sure will.

Rudz
03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
call up gramps and grizzlies and talk to gramps, but be ready, he can talk for days, love that guy!!!! idk the number but call information for gramps and grizzlies in riverside, ca, its off of arlington street

d4m4don3
03-28-2007, 11:53 AM
call up gramps and grizzlies and talk to gramps, but be ready, he can talk for days, love that guy!!!! idk the number but call information for gramps and grizzlies in riverside, ca, its off of arlington street

Don't put him on the topic of the cyborgs! I warn you! You may end up buying one!

Desega
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Bob Long would be a good one. I would also look into some of the NPPL presidents and other events workers.

warbeak2099
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Actually I would be shocked if Dennis Tippmann said no. Also I'd pretty much garentee Bob Long would talk to you. Mike Cassidy for sure will.

I don't know about Dennis anymore. I mean I put him on there because he introduced the pin valve, but he seems like he has kind of changed.

Cassidy will undoubtedly spend time talking to you as will Colin at Lapco. Both are great guys. I gaurantee Colin will talk your ear off.

Archangel Kid
03-28-2007, 12:45 PM

I needed to put in an order for a rocket valve and a set of madman springs. I think I talked to him for about an hour just bsing. Good man that Gramps is.

Pneumagger
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I spoke with palmer on the phone once... REALLY nice guy. I'd be surprised if he turned you away.

warbeak2099
03-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I spoke with palmer on the phone once... REALLY nice guy. I'd be surprised if he turned you away.

Ditto, Glenn is a fantastic guy.

AGDRetro
03-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Met Glenn at EMR last Spring Castle... SUPER nice! Definately give him a chance. Bud has always been very nice to me the 3 times I have met him, but he does seem to be a very busy man. Another guy you might want to contact is Bill Mills of WARPIG.com and get his take on the history of paintball.

You're moving to AZ Tom!? What are there more bones out there or something? :rolleyes:
In September I get married and will have family out near Phoenix... I should go visit them... and you should bring the family to dinner :D

White Wolf
03-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Colin is not at LAPCO anymore and probably more then a little miffed at the industry as a whole.

Chronobreak
03-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Colin is not at LAPCO anymore and probably more then a little miffed at the industry as a whole.

so does that mean NO GREY GHOST :mad:

warbeak2099
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
so does that mean NO GREY GHOST :mad:

That's right he was gonna bring back the GG. Holy crap I have to duck over to the Lapco site and check this out.

Chronobreak
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
That's right he was gonna bring back the GG. Holy crap I have to duck over to the Lapco site and check this out.

the idea was mentioned 3 + years ago....chances are the project is dead, buried, decomposed, and part of the earth by know

psychowarden
03-28-2007, 03:23 PM
I did the same thing a few years ago, and I emailed Glenn, and he sent me a nice little email about himself, it was rather nice.

CKY_Alliance
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
the idea was mentioned 3 + years ago....chances are the project is dead, buried, decomposed, and part of the earth by know

I thought I saw something somewhere about them releasing the new GG...maybe it was just a thread on them planning to release it...

behemoth
03-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Lapco had two Ghost's at HB.

Most are still skeptical about production....

etjoyride
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I believe there were 5 produced that were given to a pump team (i forget the name) then some of them sold theirs for a huge profit and got in trouble, and that's the last i heard.