PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet Loader

FIST2CUFF
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey fellas. Was checking out the Ricochet AK and was wondering what you guys thought of them? I kinda liked the idea of only 1 9volt. Thanks

Sammy Sandbag
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Hey fellas. Was checking out the Ricochet AK and was wondering what you guys thought of them? I kinda liked the idea of only 1 9volt. Thanks

I have one for my Tac-One. My impressions: it's okay... For the price. It's pretty loud, mostly gear/motor noise, but also just the balls rolling around (don't ask me why.) I have a Reloader B as well, which is much quieter in comparison. In regards to it's deflecting design: well I've never been hit in the hopper, but I haven't played that much with it either (so no certain way of telling.) The lid is at a bit awkward angle, requiring you to load it at a pretty much horizontal stance. The lid isn't spring loaded either like many other hoppers. I also don't care much for the feeder neck. It's pretty thin plastic, and uses O-rings of various sizes to fit your marker. They didn't work so well, and I just wrapped some electrical tape to size it. The Reloader definitely fits more securely. On the good side: it feeds consistently at most angles, is plenty fast enough for a mechanical, is light and it looks good on the Tac.

Chrishew09
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I have an Apache on my Emag, and I love it, very durrable, reliable and the lightest loader around. I can only get about 13 or 14 bps out of it but thats all I need.

skife
03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
buddy of mine had the orginal ricochet...

it kept messing up on him and stuff... could be just a lemon or somthing, it worked fine when he got it and then it wouldn't feed unless there was paint in it when you turned it on, it was weird.

he uses an eggo now.

Sammy Sandbag
03-29-2007, 11:59 AM
then it wouldn't feed unless there was paint in it when you turned it on, it was weird.

Well the Ricochet uses a little tab in the feed neck to tell it when to feed, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Vircolac
03-29-2007, 11:29 PM
It's a good loader. Feeds reliably and is built pretty solid. GREAT customer service. I bought one before they had the O-rings in the feed neck. Called the company and wanted to just purchase the shell halves with the O-ring grooves. The guy took all my credit card info, but they sent the stuff free of charge. It is also noisy, but you can reduce some of this noise by packing the motor housing with foam insulation weather stripping. I wouldn't count on the ricochet effect to save you in a shootout, though.

FIST2CUFF
03-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Yea I hear you bud. I have a nonmotorized ricochet that I used on my a-5. Still got plenty of hopper hits. I think I will like the way the ricochet will sit on my warp feed. Also I am going to wire my intelliframe to my warp (I have strayed to the dark side :cool: I switched out my carbon fiber grip with my intelliframe) so the idea of the warp and hopper only agitating when firing sounds good. I know that the ricochet only agitates itself when the marker is fired but I dont guess the one roller switch that you can mount in the intelliframe can actuate both a hopper (revolution) and the warp or would that fry something? I do not know enough about electronics to know. If I used a different hopper (revolution) I was thinking of wiring a pressure switch to it to actuate it and just put the pressure switch somewhere on the front were I would normally have my fingers on the front grip. Man I am loving mags! :headbang: I cannot wait to use it for the next big game in april :bounce:

TrracerAce
03-30-2007, 04:27 AM
It's a good loader. Feeds reliably and is built pretty solid. GREAT customer service. I bought one before they had the O-rings in the feed neck. Called the company and wanted to just purchase the shell halves with the O-ring grooves. The guy took all my credit card info, but they sent the stuff free of charge. It is also noisy, but you can reduce some of this noise by packing the motor housing with foam insulation weather stripping. I wouldn't count on the ricochet effect to save you in a shootout, though.

Oh, it deflects all right. I have one -- if you hold your marker like I do it has about a 50% chance of sending the paint aimed at it towards your head.

coach10ef
03-30-2007, 05:54 AM
the apache is perfect for the warp feed. my e-mag fire at 15 bps and no problem :clap:

Aslan
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
I bought oine to use with my autococker if I can ever get it working...I like it, it's light and seems to work nice. Not sure what kind I have, it has a display on the back and a timer. Not sure if it's an LED or LCD or what.

The only knock I have is that I don't have the o-rings that came with it so when I tried to put it on my marker last night it was too loose. Then I put a couple spare o-rings on it and it must have been too tight...broke my dang elbow. :cuss:

Zone Drifter
04-03-2007, 11:40 PM
the apache is perfect for the warp feed. my e-mag fire at 15 bps and no problem :clap:
I was thinking about an Apache for my warp feed as well, along with being able to use it on my Tiberius 9, since its mechanical but does need an agitated hopper so i dont chop balls. At first i thought about the AK, but i guess the apache is better on bps, which will help in the warp feed.

SR_matt
04-04-2007, 03:00 PM
well i havent used those but i used the apache's

pros= easy to use, does deflect some balls, pretty hard to get misfeeds from not being activated

cons= deflects balls and will deflect them into you sometimes (thats how i got mine, my friend was tired of it directing balls into his face), kind of loud, the activator some times goes out (mine was replaced for free but it still had to get fixed, the customer service was fantastic though)

over all, ricochet does pretty decent work and has good CS, i wouldnt spend full price on them but they are decent hoppers.

-matt

automikey
04-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Mine work great, and I've watched balls hit it and bounce away. One never bounced into me, I think that's just an excuse people use rather than admit they got hit.

I've also lined the inside with foam weatherstripping, it's easy to do since the panels are flat.

I have an extra one or two, still new. PM me if you decide you want one.

SR_matt
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Mine work great, and I've watched balls hit it and bounce away. One never bounced into me, I think that's just an excuse people use rather than admit they got hit.

I've also lined the inside with foam weatherstripping, it's easy to do since the panels are flat.

I have an extra one or two, still new. PM me if you decide you want one.
if it was anyone else saying that as an excuse i would think exactly what you are saying but between just the pure skill ive seen this guy show and the fact he doesnt get hit in the mask when he uses other hoppers as much as he did i believe him.

-matt

JKR
04-04-2007, 09:00 PM
I have one and have been using it for a while now. It has been durable, much more so than the Reloader 2 that I owned for a while. I must admit that it is a bit loud when the motor is running. However, it feeds reliably and the battery life is pretty good considering it only uses one 9V battery.

I have mixed feelings about the "reed" used to control the motor. As balls pass, it triggers the system to spin the motor with each shot - no problem with that. I use the hopper primarily with a standard feed Automag (yep, I like it better than PF) and the AK is a bit annoying when you have to pull the barrel for cleaning. That reed prevents balls from moving back up the feedneck and when you put your barrel back on, it can be pretty easy to let a ball from the stack in the neck slip down into the breach and pinch. Without the reed, all balls would roll back into the hopper when inverted. Minor gripe that can be fixed with a bit of change in the way you do things...or a powerfeed plug to cut the flow of balls

Deflection? Well, I have yet to see that happen. I use a neoprene cover on mine anyway for rec play to help cut the noise. Chances are, most are going to break on the hopper anyway, deflection technology or not.

Justin

robnix
04-04-2007, 09:49 PM

I have an AKX that I picked up cheap on ebay. It's been great so far.

Ken Majors
04-05-2007, 12:25 AM
I never had a trouble with the apache that I had. I only replaced it because I didn't like how high it rode on the marker.
I never really had any "deflection issues"...either way.

Chrishew09
04-05-2007, 06:50 AM
I have one and have been using it for a while now. It has been durable, much more so than the Reloader 2 that I owned for a while. I must admit that it is a bit loud when the motor is running. However, it feeds reliably and the battery life is pretty good considering it only uses one 9V battery.

I have mixed feelings about the "reed" used to control the motor. As balls pass, it triggers the system to spin the motor with each shot - no problem with that. I use the hopper primarily with a standard feed Automag (yep, I like it better than PF) and the AK is a bit annoying when you have to pull the barrel for cleaning. That reed prevents balls from moving back up the feedneck and when you put your barrel back on, it can be pretty easy to let a ball from the stack in the neck slip down into the breach and pinch. Without the reed, all balls would roll back into the hopper when inverted. Minor gripe that can be fixed with a bit of change in the way you do things...or a powerfeed plug to cut the flow of balls

Deflection? Well, I have yet to see that happen. I use a neoprene cover on mine anyway for rec play to help cut the noise. Chances are, most are going to break on the hopper anyway, deflection technology or not.

Justin
I have been meaning to try a "intellafeed" set up on my Apache for a while now just haven't found the time to play with it, shouldn't be that hard.

Where did you get the cover for your I want one for winter play but cant find them??

JKR
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I have been meaning to try a "intellafeed" set up on my Apache for a while now just haven't found the time to play with it, shouldn't be that hard.

Where did you get the cover for your I want one for winter play but cant find them??

I got mine at my local pro shop. It is a black generic neoprene cover and I have no idea who made it or where the shop owner would have ordered it from...sorry!