PDA

View Full Version : Cocker ID from picture? (lrg image within)

noodles
03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about this autococker. I don't know squat about them as I'm almost purely a mag owner. Need to know what it is and if there's anything extra on it as i need to put a rough value on it for someone.

http://www.firetree-uk.com/images/DSC00060.JPG

Draken
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Planet Eclipse, full nexus kit, E1, looks to be an old dye boomstick on it, its an older one, they are great cockers, and looks to be in decent shape...have seen them go as high as $600ish just because they are sought after....

but the real question should be, what do we think someone would pay for it, not what we think its worth :) in todays market for cockers, should be happy with anything over $450 - $500, but to get that you are going to need some VERY clear pics of it, from all angles possible

punkncat
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Planet Eclipse, full nexus kit, E1, looks to be an old dye boomstick on it, its an older one, they are great cockers, and looks to be in decent shape...have seen them go as high as $600ish just because they are sought after....

but the real question should be, what do we think someone would pay for it, not what we think its worth :) in todays market for cockers, should be happy with anything over $450 - $500, but to get that you are going to need some VERY clear pics of it, from all angles possible

Great description, poor judgement of value IMO. I guess its possible that some (sucker) somewhere might pay that much...for say an Aurora...but I should think given that the value of all cockers is in the drink you would be very lucky to get $350 out of it...if that.

warbeak2099
03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
300-400 at most

behemoth
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Draken is still stuck about 5yrs back, its okay :)

Draken
03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Draken is still stuck about 5yrs back, its okay :)

I have seen them in the last 6 months go for that :P has to be in 100% mint condition though...personally, I would go upto about $400 for it out of my pocket, but I also know there are people out there looking for them that would be willing to pay more then I would

mag_lover05
03-29-2007, 06:27 PM
honestly...people buy cockers because they love them and are dedicated.... so the resale value isnt great... because most people buy them and keep them.

and honestly, stock WGP pneu's are the best...

Draken
03-29-2007, 07:06 PM
honestly...people buy cockers because they love them and are dedicated.... so the resale value isnt great... because most people buy them and keep them.

and honestly, stock WGP pneu's are the best...

umm...what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing?!?! :D :p

Honestly, it depends on when you are talking about, but none of the stuff that has come out of WGP is as good as the nexus pneumatics, but some of WGPs stuff hasn't been to bad

jenarelJAM
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't resale value be <i>good</i> if people buy them and don't want to sell? Isn't that the reason resale is so good on pumps?

Draken
03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Market got flooded, people didn't know how to care for them, and people got mad at WGP after they sold out, all brought down the prices, now rare(er) and unique cockers can sill bring a very good price, but a run of the mill wgp all stock in damn good shape is just not worth anything...

OK, I'm putting this link here for an example, its not mine, and I have no interest in it (other then I wish I could afford it :) ) but here is one on ebay, same setup, just diffrent body + a tank: CLICK HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/eclipse-nexus-autococker-and-72-ci-airtank-4500-psi_W0QQitemZ220096997429QQcategoryZ10554QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem) for example

Like I said, if you find the right buyer, its worth quite a bit, but for the most part, don't expect anything over about $500 max

trevorjk
03-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Market got flooded, people didn't know how to care for them, and people got mad at WGP after they sold out, all brought down the prices, now rare(er) and unique cockers can sill bring a very good price, but a run of the mill wgp all stock in damn good shape is just not worth anything...

OK, I'm putting this link here for an example, its not mine, and I have no interest in it (other then I wish I could afford it :) ) but here is one on ebay, same setup, just diffrent body + a tank: CLICK HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/eclipse-nexus-autococker-and-72-ci-airtank-4500-psi_W0QQitemZ220096997429QQcategoryZ10554QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem) for example

Like I said, if you find the right buyer, its worth quite a bit, but for the most part, don't expect anything over about $500 max

the link you posted is for a PE Nexus Directors Cut... ive seen one sell 2 months ago for 850. the DC2 is quite possibly THE best cocker ever made. (arguably) it also is not a comman marker to find, even though they started making them in 05? eitherway you linked to pretty much the pinnacle of the E-Cocker, which is very hard to come across because of very limited runs. hardly a good example of what good cockers will go for, as for modorn cockers this is pretty much the only one that will get you good money.

now the one in the main pic... $400-$450 depending on condition. if you want a better qoute, talk to Wolf over on www.customcocker.com

93civiccpe
03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
(also known as wolf13 on here I believe.. if you don't want to sign onto another forum.. =P)

coyote
03-30-2007, 12:32 PM
The Nexus DC's still carry premium value. A new PE e cocker went up on ebay 2 weeks ago and received no bids. Another sold for $600, but had an in hydro 4500 tank, a new halo, and some other gear.

MoeMag
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM
I bought one for $250. All I had to do was clean the board and re-solder the battery leads. It was in excellent very similar, E1 full nexus custom anno red clear blue. It’s just that someone quit paintball one day and didn’t clean the gun and it corroded. Worked great after that sold it for $400 a little over a year ago.