PDA

View Full Version : X-Valve - Hard trigger pull

Badger1099
03-30-2007, 01:26 PM
I just got my gun back from a local pro shop for a tune up. When I brought it to them last year I was really happy with the results, and they do have a couple of techs who play with Mags .

But when I just aired it up it seems like the trigger pull is much harder then I expected. Now, I do not know what the trigger pull should feel like because last year was the first year I ever had a X-valve, and I was using a HyperFrame.

One issue I am considering is that I am using a 45/45 x-stream regulator tank, that maybe puts out 775-800 psi. I have heard that others prefer a much higher pressure.

Any other thoughts, or ideas I can investigate further?

Thanks

Automagrt666
03-30-2007, 01:39 PM
What's your idea of hard? Is it an x-valve with a standard rt on/off with a normal mechanical trigger? Or do you have a ULT? I believe the trigger pull on a standard RT valve w/ an rt on/off is in the ballpark of 3lbs? (someone correct me if that's not right) So it won't be electro light but if it's a serious pull you may want to make sure the on/off o-rings are in correct shape possibly? (I'm not 100% sure that would cause it) I'm sure someone a little more tech-savvy could put a little more info in there for yah, just tryin to help.

Badger1099
03-30-2007, 01:49 PM
The valve has the usual lvl 10 and a ULT on/off. When I call it a hard trigger pull, I am comparing it to my Classic single trigger gun, it is alot harder then that.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
03-30-2007, 03:04 PM
try to loosen or tighten the screws that hold the valve and body to the rail, if those are a little off the on/off gets fussy, oil the hell out of your on off assembly and make sure your grip screws are not contacting the sear

Coralis
03-30-2007, 07:58 PM
also try pulling the grip frame off the rail and move the trigger back and forth , the sear could be binding on the sides of the grip frame.

pierce
03-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Badger it's normal, i have a classic mag and a ule x-mag. The ule trigger is a tad harder to pull, unless you install a ultra lite trigger.

Badger1099
04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I just got it back from the local shop and it worked a bit better. They just turned up the air an made some small adjustment to the RPG Pro Trigger.

Thanks