PDA

View Full Version : 1150psi or 800psi fixed output crossfire tank, which one should I buy?

MikeyL
03-30-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm new to mags, I have a TacOne with ULE Trigger. After some research I can see I need a high output tank.

Crossfire will make a tank with 1150psi regulator fixed output, should I purchase this one or stick with the standard 800psi?

Can to much pressure be a bad thing?

RRfireblade
03-30-2007, 06:03 PM
800psi.

1150 is pushing it on a mag unless you have no concern for excessive trigger bounce. ;)

Not to mention it would be pushing it on any other marker should you keep the tank longer than the Mag.

olinar
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
YOU MEAN PEOPLE ACTUALLY SELL THEIR MAGS AND PURCHASE NON-AGD MARKERS? :eek:

all joking aside, the higher the input pressure the more bounce you will get with an xvalve. but i believe that the ult actually gets rid of the bounce, so it would be pointless in your case and is also not allowed in tourneys. but if you play rec ball and had a stock rt on/off id say go for the highest pressure. btw what kind of reg is this? is it just the highest they can go on preset?

Chronobreak
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm new to mags, I have a TacOne with ULE Trigger. After some research I can see I need a high output tank.

Crossfire will make a tank with 1150psi regulator fixed output, should I purchase this one or stick with the standard 800psi?

Can to much pressure be a bad thing?

you can adjust the psi out of most tank regs by adding/removing shims. some regs are easier to tech than others.

and most mnfcr'rs dont like people messing with regs(for good reason)

MikeyL
03-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the advice, looks like I will stick with the standard 750 and 800 fixed tanks.