slade
03-31-2007, 07:01 AM
rejected at my first choice, waitlisted at my two second choices :(

Mango
03-31-2007, 07:33 AM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/tear.gif

CKY_Alliance
03-31-2007, 12:30 PM
I got rejeceted at my first, wait only one a few months ago but I recently got in..had to take a spanish class and I was good.

kosmo
03-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Yay for community colleges with transfer degrees for automatic admission!

splat15k
03-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Don't lose hope yet. If you are really worried about it, try applying for other colleges if the deadlines are not already exceeded. Oh, and you'll hate college even more when you're actually there (at least that's my story).

AlphaPaintballRef2
03-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't sweat it. I got rejected by my first choice even though I was over qualified (there was something weird going on with that, but the DOD won't tell you why you were rejected). Ended up getting accepted into all of my other schools and went to my third choice (due to a full scholarship offer). Honestly its pretty good. As long as you do what you like to do in college and make some awesome friends it really doesn't mater where you end up, it will all end up being the same anyway more or less.

trevorjk
03-31-2007, 03:30 PM
i got accepted at my first choice :)

BobTheCow
03-31-2007, 04:34 PM
Don't worry about it. I applied to five schools, got rejected by four of them. I ended up at my absolute last resort safety school, and while I was bitter at the time, I ended up loving it. I'm still here, almost two years later, and I can't imagine myself anywhere else.

No matter where you end up, go in to it with a positive attitude and you'll end up happy.

slade
03-31-2007, 05:00 PM
Don't lose hope yet. If you are really worried about it, try applying for other colleges if the deadlines are not already exceeded. Oh, and you'll hate college even more when you're actually there (at least that's my story).
nah, im not worried about anything. i already got into 3 safety schools, and just got into tufts today. its just that i got rejected by my first choice, and waitlisted by 3 (now 4) colleges.

Thordic
03-31-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/accepted-shirt-lg.gif

warpig13
03-31-2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/accepted-shirt-lg.gif

QFT!

slade
03-31-2007, 05:38 PM
<.<

wjr
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
nah, im not worried about anything. i already got into 3 safety schools, and just got into tufts today. its just that i got rejected by my first choice, and waitlisted by 3 (now 4) colleges.

Tufts was my brothers number one school. He got rejected, with a 1450 on his SAT. I guess that's what you get for not turning in homework...

If that's one of your safety schools though... what's your number one pick?

slade
03-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Tufts was my brothers number one school. He got rejected, with a 1450 on his SAT. I guess that's what you get for not turning in homework...

If that's one of your safety schools though... what's your number one pick?
i got into 3 safety schools, *and* tufts.

my first choice was olin college of engineering, thats out the window. now my top 2 choices are cooper union and caltech, both of which waitlisted me.

paintballfiend
03-31-2007, 07:41 PM
I applied to one school, just one. Stupidest decision of my life. :tard: :cry: :mad:

wjr
03-31-2007, 10:39 PM
i got into 3 safety schools, *and* tufts.

my first choice was olin college of engineering, thats out the window. now my top 2 choices are cooper union and caltech, both of which waitlisted me.

Ah, that makes more sense.

I applied to one school, just one. Stupidest decision of my life.

Did you not have a college counselor? I'd kinda like to hear the rest of this sad story.

slade
04-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Did you not have a college counselor? I'd kinda like to hear the rest of this sad story.
i'm guessing that it ends with "i got rejected"

wjr
04-01-2007, 08:09 AM
i'm guessing that it ends with "i got rejected"

Yeah, but what'd he do after that? And did nobody tell him to apply to more then one?

slade
04-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, but what'd he do after that? And did nobody tell him to apply to more then one?

http://dirtymicrobe.com/images/products/comunitty-college_feature_feature-large.png

warbeak2099
04-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Got rejected from all of my reach schools (UPenn, Navy, BC) and got waitlisted at Villanova and U of Rochester. I got into my competitve schools (Holy Cross, Fordham, Duqeusne) and I got into only one of my safe schools lol, Miami Ohio. I actually got rejected from one of my safe schools, Gettysburg.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I got into my safeties, waitlisted at bc rejected from tufts and rejected from BU? but I got into univ of rochester and have been here cloase to 2 years. Don't really know what bu was thinking. Syracuse decided to place me not in their main college but into their social services college and i was like just um no thanks.

slade
04-01-2007, 11:42 AM
my school has a "wall of shame" and "rack of slack", a wall for rejection letters and a wall for failing or sub-par grades, respectively. the wall of shame always has a ton of letters from places like MIT, harvard, yale, etc. I actually considered applying to a local state college, putting together the worst application i could, just so i could put the rejection letter up on the wall.

CaptaiN_JacK
04-01-2007, 12:41 PM
I got rejected by my first choice and ended up going to similar liberal arts university just down the road from the one I got rejected by. 2 years later and I'm still here and loving it. Turns out the school I got rejected by is infested with liberal hippies, lesbians, drug addicts, and stuck up rich kids. If I had got accepted I would have gone there and it would have been one of the worst decisions of my life.

Sometimes you have to look past the academic standings and reputations of the colleges you're applying to and think about the student population. I'm going to a school with average academic standards and average people, and I truly think it's where I belong.

calebh
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't sweat it. I got rejected by my first choice even though I was over qualified (there was something weird going on with that, but the DOD won't tell you why you were rejected).
tell me about it. i'll blame my laziness. hahvahd's apparently all work and no play lol. i didnt really think i'd get into harvard, but i was expecting to get into williams college. i didnt. gayness.

so it looks like im goin to sewanee. it was my first choice before i was suckered into applying to harvard and williams anyway.

Phillips
04-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I love our system, a lot of secondary schools have collages attached where you can do a lot of the corses you want.
Since I already went to that school there was no acceptance issue.

:)

It's all about perseverance, a lot of people I know havn't got into the Universities they wanted, they just keep trying.

Peace,
Phillips.

paintballfiend
04-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I had been talking to the college counselor since sophmore year. :ninja:

I applied to one school because it was the closest University of California. That was the only reason I went to school. If I had actually gone to the campus I would have never even considered it. It is like they got one guy and one girl and cloned the hell out of them. Down with the O.C.!!!

slade
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM
so you got in and didnt like it? what u cal school was it? my friend applied to UC Berkeley and Santa Barbara. i considered Berkeley but missed the deadline >.<

calebh
04-01-2007, 11:30 PM
dude, i didnt even apply to schools within a few hours of me lol. the closest school i applied to is still a good day's drive away.

paintballfiend
04-02-2007, 12:09 AM
so you got in and didnt like it? what u cal school was it? my friend applied to UC Berkeley and Santa Barbara. i considered Berkeley but missed the deadline >.<
UC Irvine :( I am trying to transfer somewhere that's a little less like Irvine.

Gitaroo Man
04-02-2007, 12:47 AM

Heh, good thing too...out of state applying to UC's is very difficult...even in state UC applying is.

slade
04-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Heh, good thing too...out of state applying to UC's is very difficult...even in state UC applying is.
why's that? I applied to harder schools.

MicroMiniMe
04-02-2007, 07:59 AM
I got rejected by my first choice and ended up going to similar liberal arts university just down the road from the one I got rejected by. 2 years later and I'm still here and loving it. Turns out the school I got rejected by is infested with liberal hippies, lesbians, drug addicts, and stuck up rich kids. If I had got accepted I would have gone there and it would have been one of the worst decisions of my life.

Sometimes you have to look past the academic standings and reputations of the colleges you're applying to and think about the student population. I'm going to a school with average academic standards and average people, and I truly think it's where I belong.

I think your better off at Hamline than Mac. You're pretty dead on with the Mac stereotype. I still have to resist snickering when I hear someone went to Mac. At least go to Carleton or St. Olaf if you want the pretentious uptight degree.

Hamline and Gustavus students were usually the coolest personalities anyways.

/Too long working around the U

Glickman
04-02-2007, 09:40 AM
one of the best kept secrets of colleges is that transfer requirements are WAY lower than freshmen admission requirements.

dont feel bad if you go to a community school for 1 or 2 years. if you work your *** off like you should, you'll have no problem getting into nearly any school of your choice