PDA

View Full Version : need help educating PBCity on Halo

bratch
01-04-2002, 06:55 PM
I remember reading a post about the Halo only being able to do 13 BPS on a vert feed gun. I have ran a search for Halo and went through 4 pages wthout finding the info. There is a big post on the Angel fourm on PBC about how great the Halo will be and I informed them it may not be such a great improvement. Anyone who knows where the thread was here about it only doing 13 or knows the reasoning would be appreciated so we can inform the masses.

irbodden
01-04-2002, 08:52 PM
Halo is the fastest feeding loader on the market. Their is videos of it doing over 17bps on an Emag. :)

Cha0tic
01-04-2002, 08:55 PM
irbodden...there is a regular mag doing 16 with it at oddyseys(sp?) website.

DarkRipper
01-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Isn't it rather large?

:)
DR

BlackVCG
01-04-2002, 08:59 PM
It will do up to 18bps on PF guns. Vert feed might limit that, but the hopper itself can feed at a rate of 18bps.

As for size, it really isn't all that much larger than a Revy. Pics are deceiving.

irbodden
01-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Chaotic- I know, makes me REALLY want a Hyperframe.

The Halo is a little bulky, but they are making "Halo Skins" for them. One that I saw on the site was that of a Dino head, and it was really cool. :) The Halo is going to give the Revy a run for its money, it has a higher feed rate as well as a longer, nicer warranty plan.

DarkRipper
01-04-2002, 09:13 PM
I'll have to see one... I'm pretty happy with my Pre-BE rev still.

:)
DR

bratch
01-05-2002, 01:36 AM
I know it has done 18 on the emag but i thought I had heard it wouldn't feed that fast on a vert feed. Oh well

AGD
01-05-2002, 04:37 AM
Bratch,

Here is the scoop, the HALO can feed REALLY fast and as you have seen it can feed an Emag at 18 bps. The HALO gets the signal to feed the next ball when the top ball of the 4 ball stack drops out of the eye sensor. This happens when the bottom ball in the stack drops into the breach.

Delays can occur if the balls bobble up in the breach, this causes the sensor eye to see a ball and not feed until the bobbling ball drops back down. ALL vert feed guns have some bobble, not from blow back but from the action of the bolt. Vert feeds have no way to prevent this, power feeds do, simple as that. Maximum performance of the HALO so far has been achieved with power feeds. All that being said I wouldn't worry about it you can't over shoot it anyway.

AGD