PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Suicide shells.

Rabbit
03-31-2007, 07:27 PM
Anyone else have any problems with these? I have had 3 sets just shatter from otherwise normal hits. I don't really want to go back to the stock shells due to cleaning hassles, but IDK, this is getting old fast.

Blazestorm
03-31-2007, 07:30 PM
lol.

How often do you break paint inside the hopper?

Honestly, I had hybrid shells for 6-9 months and used the "suicide" feature... once... but it was so bad I had to take the rest of it apart when I got home.

I stick w/ the normal shells now... I broke 2-3 sets of hybrid shells too...

Normal ones work fine and are cheaper, but there are some Ebay suicide shells for $30 w/ lifetime warranty from that company...

Rabbit
03-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Using the feature isn't the point, the point is that they seem to be more brittle than the normal shells. I bought the first set because they were supposed to be less prone to breaking. And the set I bought have the warranty, I am just getting sick of replacing the :cuss: things every few months.

LFD92
03-31-2007, 10:08 PM
I've never had a problem with mine and I bought them when they first came out a year ago.

Now, I hate to break the news to you but it's hard for them to be less prone to breaking when the stock shells and the suicides are composed of the same material. They are both prone to the same brittle characteristics. The difference is the "easy cleaning" feature of them.

How close are you getting hit from? That may have something to do with the brittleness factor. If you're consistently getting hit by the same opponent and the shell is breaking then perhaps their marker is shooting a tad bit hot...

Russ
03-31-2007, 10:26 PM
are you over-tightening the screws?

Rabbit
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
Not a large distance on the shots, maybe 20-25 feet, if that. And it's not always the exact same shooter, so I doubt that there are that many players shooting hot. My understanding of the Hybrids was that they were made from a different grade of plastic, hence them being less brittle.

And as far as overtightening screws, no, not possible. I use the smallest handled precision screwdriver that fits the screw-head and only snug them. I don't crank on them, as that would obviously stress the plastic.

Desega
04-02-2007, 12:38 PM
I've never had trouble with my Suicide Shells. Mine are re-enforced with stickers though. :D

tyrion2323
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Many players have been having cracking issues with their suicide shells...apparently there is an alternative shell...warrior shells? I'm not sure whether that's the name or not, but for some reason it's ringing a bell with me.

skife
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
you know, i've never had that problem with my revvy. :P

going_home
04-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Many players have been having cracking issues with their suicide shells...apparently there is an alternative shell...warrior shells? I'm not sure whether that's the name or not, but for some reason it's ringing a bell with me.

LuisV has them here :

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202203

UTDragun
04-04-2007, 11:24 AM
If you constantly break your shell, try looking at getting a pulse, theyre made a lot more stronger than halos. At cup, they had lundquist hammering a nail into a board with one.

CKY_Alliance
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Now what have you learned from this? Don't get shot..

Russ
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I just got a set of the Warrior shells, and I'm not impressed AT ALL!

The 2 long "top" screws are a bit too long, and were FACTORY tightened to the point where they contacted the bottom, which caused a stress crack. The short screw on the bottom (near the feedneck) has already cracked the plastic.

These things suck, as do seemingly most paintball "accessories". Poor fit & finish. Chinese-made junk :mad:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/RussBert/crack003_edited.jpg

phat4life07
04-04-2007, 07:55 PM
These things suck, as do seemingly most paintball "accessories". Poor fit & finish. Chinese-made junk :mad:

hey.... :cuss: YOU! :mad:

Russ
04-04-2007, 09:27 PM
back at you

?

StygShore
04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
factory tightened?

My warrior shells came all disassembled and I had to put it all together. Not sure what you mean by "factory" tightened?

Styg

As far as I can tell, warrior shells and made of same craptastic plastic the normal halo shells are made of, and the hybrid suicide shells, and the powerlyte whatever they are called shells... The only point in them is to replace the broken halo shell with an easier to disassemble format for cleaning out pain from inside your loader.

I still use my Pre BE revvy about 90% of the time for this reason!

Russ
04-05-2007, 03:11 PM
factory tightened?

My warrior shells came all disassembled and I had to put it all together. Not sure what you mean by "factory" tightened?

Styg

I mean mine came pre-assembled,whichsweird, because you have to DIS-assemble it, to install your existing Halo guts into it?!

I got the shells from PBLoverz.com