PDA

View Full Version : As I turn my velocity adjuster out more

mostpeople
04-01-2007, 01:29 PM
The trigger becomes more walkable... but its at the point where its really hard to get and it normally just chuffs a ball out

teh?

Russ
04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
So what's happening when you turn your VELOCITY adjuster out?

(rhetorical question)

Ir0nExpress
04-01-2007, 05:35 PM
So what's happening when you turn your VELOCITY adjuster out?

(rhetorical question)

Hilarity ensures.

SR_matt
04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
i would assume it is because when you turn it up there is more psi behind the bolt pushing it forward thus more pressure on the sear and creating more friction so it takes some more force to put the trigger turning it down thus is visa versa.

what i found this weekend that made me rather happy, after i took apart my valve (powertube assembly part only) my r/t'ness went up, i guess everything just was able to reseat in a way that worked better but it was freaking awesome

-matt

mostpeople
04-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Hilarity ensures.

yes im laughing my b-hind off

athomas
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
The trigger becomes more walkable... but its at the point where its really hard to get and it normally just chuffs a ball out

teh?As you turn the velocity nut out you are lowering the pressure inside the chamber. This reduces the amount of force exerted on the on-off pin and the sear, thus reducing the force required to pull the trigger. Unfortunately, it also reduces the force available to return the on-off pin and reset the sear as well as reducing the force available to push the bolt. Lowering the pressure increases the cycle time and reduces the time between shots that is available to recharge the chamber. If the trigger is pulled again before the chamber is fully charged, then it will most likely chuff, which is what you are experiencing.

SR_matt
04-02-2007, 02:30 PM
i assume you are trying to keep the walkability w/o shortstroking.

if you have a ULT kit in you can try playing with the shims.

-matt

Russ
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
As you turn the velocity nut out you are lowering the pressure inside the chamber. This reduces the amount of force exerted on the on-off pin and the sear, thus reducing the force required to pull the trigger. Unfortunately, it also reduces the force available to return the on-off pin and reset the sear as well as reducing the force available to push the bolt. Lowering the pressure increases the cycle time and reduces the time between shots that is available to recharge the chamber. If the trigger is pulled again before the chamber is fully charged, then it will most likely chuff, which is what you are experiencing.

That is a most-excellent answer :headbang:

far more usefull that my sarcasm-laden quip :argh: