PDA

View Full Version : Did you know: PBN edition.

behemoth
04-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Did you know, when dealing on PBN, only PBN feedback means anything.

So, since i have 3+ Feedback on PBN, but more than 100+ feedback on other forums, i have to ship first to the guy with 20 something.

I lawl'd.

punkncat
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't ship first to a dead guy either.... :tard:

zazzoo
04-01-2007, 05:15 PM

So, since i have 3+ Feedback on PBN, but more than 100+ feedback on other forums, i have to ship first to the guy with 20 something.

I lawl'd.
I thought you were dead? :rolleyes:

warbeak2099
04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Omgz Hes Back Frum Teh Ded!

geekwarrior
04-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Omgz Hes Back Frum Teh Ded!

wait, i thought easter was next sunday?

behemoth
04-01-2007, 08:53 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

wow, that made my night

Pneumagger
04-01-2007, 08:54 PM
:rofl:

Blazestorm
04-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I lost too many deals because people wouldn't take "AO" feedback...

So I got 100 feedback on my PBN account, 50 on AO, and then my first PBN account was banned... for something unreleated to trading... and I made a new account and I'm at like 45 for that one...

Meh... :shooting:

behemoth
04-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I lost too many deals because people wouldn't take "AO" feedback...

So I got 100 feedback on my PBN account, 50 on AO, and then my first PBN account was banned... for something unreleated to trading... and I made a new account and I'm at like 45 for that one...

Meh... :shooting:

of the 100's of deals i've made on various forums, this is the FIRST time i've heard anybody say anything so stupid.

"AO, SCP, MCB, none of this counts."

You've got to be kidding, right?

How can you even rationalize that?

master_alexander
04-01-2007, 09:36 PM
i say ebay feedback doesent count... because it is a completley different ballgame. otherwise they have to have another page more than me and then ill ship first... and besides that, same time. woot.

behemoth
04-01-2007, 09:39 PM
i say ebay feedback doesent count... because it is a completley different ballgame. otherwise they have to have another page more than me and then ill ship first... and besides that, same time. woot.

I agree with that.

But i love it when you get the "YOU CAME TO ME, YOU SHIP FIRST."

"Dude, i have 5x the amount of PAGES you have"

"BUT YOU POSTED IN MY THREAD!!!!!11"

robnix
04-01-2007, 09:41 PM

I get this for trades, but not buying and selling. How is buying and selling here so significantly different than ebay that you would completely discount someones feedback from there?

Pneumagger
04-01-2007, 09:46 PM
if you have the same name on several forums with same emails, it should be valid reference.

I also agree that ebay feedback is different because it's not like you can effect that feedback if a transaction goes sour on te forums, whereas forum feedback can be effected by another forum's transaction.

robnix, for example:

Say I have 99.2% positive feedback on 140 ebay deals - and assume my ebay name is identical to my forum name. Using that "good" name I do a deal with you on PBN for a gun that takes 3 months to ship, leaks, and is scratched up. I have no PBN feedback, what can you do to my feedback on ebay that I use as a "front" for my good trading? Nothing.
I can simply continue to hide behind a good ebay name scamming many people. Or I could find several nice mid level power sellers and create similar (if not identical) names to use on forums in order to create more trust for the ebay feedback.

Plain and simple, ebay feedback is mutually exclusive to forum trading due to the fact that forum transactions are unaccounted for.

Caboose
04-01-2007, 09:59 PM
I agree with that.

But i love it when you get the "YOU CAME TO ME, YOU SHIP FIRST."

"Dude, i have 5x the amount of PAGES you have"

"BUT YOU POSTED IN MY THREAD!!!!!11"
That's why you PM them instead ;)

robnix
04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
if you have the same name on several forums with same emails, it should be valid reference.

I also agree that ebay feedback is different because it's not like you can effect that feedback if a transaction goes sour on te forums, whereas forum feedback can be effected by another forum's transaction.

robnix, for example:

Say I have 99.2% positive feedback on 140 ebay deals - and assume my ebay name is identical to my forum name. Using that "good" name I do a deal with you on PBN for a gun that takes 3 months to ship, leaks, and is scratched up. I have no PBN feedback, what can you do to my feedback on ebay that I use as a "front" for my good trading? Nothing.
I can simply continue to hide behind a good ebay name scamming many people. Or I could find several nice mid level power sellers and create similar (if not identical) names to use on forums in order to create more trust for the ebay feedback.

Plain and simple, ebay feedback is mutually exclusive to forum trading due to the fact that forum transactions are unaccounted for.

So you post that persons ebay name in a feedback thread with details so it's harder for them to use it again on that forum. If I got screwed by JoeSixPack on ebay with something I bought here, I'd start an AO 'JoeSixPack from Ebay suxx0rs' thread. You can't hurt their Ebay feedback, but you can keep them from dealing here again.

behemoth
04-01-2007, 10:11 PM
That's why you PM them instead ;)

Funny thing is, i did :P

phat4life07
04-01-2007, 11:11 PM

I lawl'd.

thats BS

Blazestorm
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Did you even listen to what I said retard?

I had 50+ AO Feedback, and trying to trade on PBnation, nobody would take it as legitimate feedback.

PBnation is like the 17th biggest forum in the world, I think feedback on there is considered a bit more legitimate than AO... Either way, I gave up building feedback on AO (I would make deals on PBNation and ask them to post feedback on AO... at first).

Then in 05 I made a feedback thread, built up 100 feedback, was banned, lost that feedback, made another account and started over.

I don't even bother sending the AO feedback to anyone on PBnation...

calebh
04-01-2007, 11:35 PM
pbn feedback. rofl. either 2 shipments got lost at the same time, or pbn feedback counts for crap. im goin to talk with the post office tomorrow and see what i can do. last time i deal with small fry on pbn.

PsychoBaller
04-02-2007, 12:36 AM
PBnation is like the 17th biggest forum in the world, I think feedback on there is considered a bit more legitimate than AO

I could care less if PBN WAS the biggest Forum in the world... Feedback there means NOTHING to me. I've never done business there, nor will I EVER.

of the 100's of deals i've made on various forums, this is the FIRST time i've heard anybody say anything so stupid.
"AO, SCP, MCB, none of this counts." You've got to be kidding, right? How can you even rationalize that?

I concur.

MANN
04-02-2007, 07:16 AM
I had someone tell me this morning that he would not ship first because he is a "2k4er". How does that give anyone prefrence on shipping first?

Lohman446
04-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Noone is forcing you to do the trade, if you don't like the conditions, don't do it.

behemoth
04-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Did you even listen to what I said retard?

I was agreeing with you, dipstick.

behemoth
04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Noone is forcing you to do the trade, if you don't like the conditions, don't do it.

Yes, Lohman, i know this.

FlawleZ
04-02-2007, 08:26 AM
I think there are enough reasons to support the claim that PBN could be a cult. ;)

OT: Did your April Fools thread get baleeted? Didn't last year's too? I think that's why I couldn't pull it up in a search.

EDIT: NVM it was in friendly corner, someone shoot me. :rofl:

behemoth
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
I think there are enough reasons to support the claim that PBN could be a cult. ;)

OT: Did your April Fools thread get baleeted? Didn't last year's too? I think that's why I couldn't pull it up in a search.

Last year's?

Did i do one last year? I dont remember it if i did.

FlawleZ
04-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Last year's?

Did i do one last year? I dont remember it if i did.

Well I was almost swearing by it but after I've searched I guess not? It just seemed all too familiar to me but maybe I'm mistaking that with Joe's actual death? IDK

Chronobreak
04-02-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah dealing on pbn can be a pITA.

i usualy ignore anyone that expects paypal fees to be paid and anyone saying they dont care if your a mod or have 1k +feedback you ship first.

reminds me, i gotta go ship something for an AO'er today :eek:

:D

RRfireblade
04-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Trading thru any Forum = internets -1. :)

It's a crap shoot , I only do it if I can afford to lose , otherwise it's in person or thru third party.

There nothing out there I have to have THAT bad or you can't find somewhere eles. :ninja:

Lohman446
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Yes, Lohman, i know this.

I've made it pretty far stating the obvious :P

Chronobreak
04-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Trading thru any Forum = internets -1. :)

It's a crap shoot , I only do it if I can afford to lose , otherwise it's in person or thru third party.

There nothing out there I have to have THAT bad or you can't find somewhere eles. :ninja:

yeah is ee where your coming from, but i did a deal with an AO'er over the phone and it took about 2 min. easiest and perhaps one of the most comfortable transactions ive ever had.

maybe im just lucky..

oh and on pbn feedback < BLUE TEXT

Shane-O-Mac
04-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I havent had hardly any problems with any forum for trading. My main point is to be able to "Walk away" from the deal. I dont ship first unless I have dealt with the person before, or recognize them from being on forums for a long time. If they wont budge off the "You ship first" thing, then I walk away. I will ship at the same time, and only with personal information (phone # mainly) and I have called to verify that number is valid. Feedback is important, but not exclusive to doing a deal. I have dealt with someone who had no feedback, but I did get personal info from them. You can usally get a good feel for who your dealing with, by PM's and Emails. If someone were to say my feedback on PBN or AO didnt matter to them, then no deal, that attitude tells you everything you need to know. Like most things you buy (especially Houses and Cars) you have to be able to walk away from the deal, it can be hard as heck to do, but you dont get burned that way. Also being patient will net you the best deals............. :D

going_home
04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Thats exactly what PBN wants everyone to think. Its the only way they keep their site hits, and traffic up. Which allows them to charge higher rates for their ad space.

But by using that logic, does that mean that eBay feedback is more legitimate feedback than PBN? Considering eBay is the largest auction site in the world?

My opinion....feedback is feedback. As long as its not all from the same person, or same small group of people, it represents a historical transaction history.

Oh my goodness, I actually agree with him, well sort of.
Ebay feedback is THEE most legitimate feedback period.
Maybe I have a....do I have a temperature ?
:tard:

FlawleZ
04-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Thats exactly what PBN wants everyone to think. Its the only way they keep their site hits, and traffic up. Which allows them to charge higher rates for their ad space.

But by using that logic, does that mean that eBay feedback is more legitimate feedback than PBN? Considering eBay is the largest auction site in the world?

My opinion....feedback is feedback. As long as its not all from the same person, or same small group of people, it represents a historical transaction history.

I completely agree. Feedback is feedback. Some feedback will tell you a little more about the person than others, but in general its all worthwhile and should be considered.

Rabbit
04-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I honestly don't give a rats tail about how much feedback anyone has. Feedback can be doctored, period. I will talk to people on the phone, via Email, PM, and any other means at my disposal.

I don't have a feedback thread, nor do I feel I need one. I have made several successful deals on quite a few forums with no complaints by any of the parties involved. If I am buying something, I full well expect to pay long before it is shipped. If I am trading then I expect to ship first if my end of the trade is of lesser value.

If I cannot get a legitimate address then it's no deal. I don't buy the whole PO box line of BS some people try to foster. You have an address. If your house was on fire where would you send the fire department to? Surely not a PO box. That is what you give me, cause if you stiff me I will be in touch, either through lawyer, or possibly even police depending on how you handle yourself.

As far as only taking feedback from one site, hey, you want to lose out that's your problem. I have all confidence in my character and ability to do what I offer to. I don't need feedback to prove I am a stand up trader/buyer/seller. I let each deal prove that. From buying gear from an overseas trader, to simply trading a few miles away, feedback means nothing if the person behind it has friends willing to lie and post false for them.

I suppose the wall of text above is enough of a rant, kudos if you actually read it.

RRfireblade
04-02-2007, 08:05 PM
Feedback , of any kind , is only of any value to the people involved in the deal.

Doesn't matter where it comes from , if ONE party doesn't give it weight then it has no weight. . . period. ;) Unfortunately if your buying/trading from a PBN'er and he says your feedback is worthless to him then sadly , it is. You can't make it any different.

It may sound stupid and un-fair but alot people are just that. :)

wjr
04-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I generally judge the trustworthiness of a person by their spelling and grammar, feedback comes second. Hasn't failed me yet. :)

m-a-r-k-7
04-03-2007, 12:47 AM
The worst I've ever seen was

"I'll only ship first if you have as many pages of feedback as I have feedback posts."

He had six feedbacks...

MANN
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
I generally judge the trustworthiness of a person by their spelling and grammar, feedback comes second. Hasn't failed me yet. :)

lol. I have to agree completely with that.

WenULiVeUdiE
04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
PBnation is like the 17th biggest forum in the world, I think feedback on there is considered a bit more legitimate than AO...

Actually, I think they are now the world's largest...

Restricting feedback to one forum ensures that the seller is dealing with one person. Going to different forums or websites for feedback can complicate things and can lead to riskier situations.

If you are selling something worth $1000 or even $100, then you are not going to want to lose all that money merely because you took feedback from another forum.

m-a-r-k-7
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
PBN isn't the largest by any means.

I think they're third... largest being 4chan.

Robbie
04-04-2007, 04:29 PM
well thats sucks
I have no feedback on any forum.
I dont ask people to post any.
Feed back on forums is ridiculous half the time it is there friends or team mates.
I like to get a phone number and than verify the address.
I dont mind doing 3rd party
So far I havent had anyone give me a hard time.

Rabbit
04-04-2007, 07:40 PM
well thats sucks
I have no feedback on any forum.
I dont ask people to post any.
Feed back on forums is ridiculous half the time it is there friends or team mates.
I like to get a phone number and than verify the address.
I dont mind doing 3rd party
So far I havent had anyone give me a hard time.

My point exactly.

master_alexander
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
The only reason why i exclude ebay feedback is because it is an actual contract. You can talk to an "offical" rather than just a mod to deal with things, people that actually work for ebay. The transactions are publicly documented and deal strictly with money, which always sends first. On here or PBN, its more of a "hey i like your gun, you like mine... ship tomorrow, k?" and there really isint much you can do if someone doesent ship and more or less dissapears. Of the things you can do about a trade gone bad on here, it is alot easier on ebay, and then it does hold alot more weight. The bottom line is its easier to scam here.

MANN
04-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Im not so sure about that. I dont have any friends on mine, and dont have a "team". The majority of it is maturity imo

Prairie
04-09-2007, 09:09 AM
PBN isn't the largest by any means.

I think they're third... largest being 4chan.

http://www.big-boards.com/

geekwarrior
04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I can only imagine how many negatives would be left by a buyer if the seller didnt have the ability to leave negative retaliation feedback.

thats why you wait till day 30 to leave neg feedback :ninja:

WenULiVeUdiE
04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Ive found the opposite.

If a user has extensive positive feedback on multiple forums, it is very unlikely that this person is more than one person. It also demonstrates that this persons transaction history is diverse as they arent limited to trading in one forum. This diversity in trading feedback from multiple forums makes it less risky, not more.

My main issue with multiple threads of feedback relates to User IDs. If they all the have the same username or are ensured to be of the same person [through what ever means necessary], then I am fine with it. But the issue comes when the user names are different and you cannot guarantee such an ID.

Otherwise, I would agree with you.