PDA

View Full Version : z-grip help

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 02:50 PM
ok, i'm assuming I need the AM/MM Sear assembly for my z-grip? am I right or is it the RT Pro sear assembly? :confused:

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
04-02-2007, 02:52 PM
What type of rail?

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
this is the ebay ad i bought the rail from. i don't know what kind it is so hopefully you can i.d. it from the ad. click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250094572987&rd=1&rd=1)

also just out of curiosity, do you think 56 dollars was a good deal? thanks for the help!

yaaaowHuggs
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
i can't really see what it looks like... but it says rt-pro rail so i'd assume you'd need an rt sear and axel pin.

t0nnn
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
it's an rt rail

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
right i thought about that but i'm not sure if I trust the guy you know? alot of people just type ADG RT PRO blah blah blah blah to make sure their auction gets hit alot. i've never seen a rail like this before, at first it looked kind of like a recon but it's shaped a bit differently and the recon doesn't have all the holes for the sight rail. :confused: :confused:

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 03:18 PM
here's a paint-rendered "picture" of my rail.

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/anime1084/paintball/thumbnails/600x450/rail.JPG
hope that helps.

EDIT: ok tonn i didn't see your post. I appreciate the help, now i can order my RT Pro sear assembly and actually have a complete gun to play with! :bounce:

also, here is another paint picture of my rail on my frame. you'll notice an unsightly space. now, at first glance i just want to dremmel the high part of the z-grip. but i wonder if the sear assembly will operate properly if I do that. any suggestions?

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/anime1084/paintball/thumbnails/600x450/z-grip.JPG

Dryden
04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
right i thought about that but i'm not sure if I trust the guy you know? alot of people just type ADG RT PRO blah blah blah blah to make sure their auction gets hit alot. i've never seen a rail like this before, at first it looked kind of like a recon but it's shaped a bit differently and the recon doesn't have all the holes for the sight rail. :confused: :confused:
That's the standard RT Pro rail, it's been ULE'd. You need the RTP sear and sear axle pin.

Your Z Grip has "wings" for the AM/MM rail?

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
is that what the wings are for? if I dremmel them away will everything still work properly?

also i edited the picture of my rail, i noticed a threaded hole on one side of the rail, what is that for??

here's hte picture again

http://www.angelfire.com/anime/anime1084/paintball/thumbnails/600x450/rail.JPG

ProblemKinder
04-02-2007, 05:26 PM
haha...nevermind the question about the threaded hole. i'm an idiot. BUT i still wonder if I can just dremmel the wings off of the z-frame.

Dryden
04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
haha...nevermind the question about the threaded hole. i'm an idiot. BUT i still wonder if I can just dremmel the wings off of the z-frame.
Do not use a Dremel, at least find somebody that can mill the wings off evenly. Either way, you would be destroying a valuable and rare piece. I'd recommend just trading the RT rail for the proper AM/MM rail and leave the Z grip as it is.

ProblemKinder
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Do not use a Dremel, at least find somebody that can mill the wings off evenly. Either way, you would be destroying a valuable and rare piece. I'd recommend just trading the RT rail for the proper AM/MM rail and leave the Z grip as it is.

but if I have the wings milled off, the sear will still line up and everything? cuz I already got an RT Pro sear and sear pin on the way...

txaggie08
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
It will, but youlld be better off selling the zgrip with wings off and buying one without wings....

ProblemKinder
04-03-2007, 11:45 PM
haha, well that sounds easy...except there aren't alot of z-grips for sale out there.