PDA

View Full Version : Small leak problem! Someone help!

virginiamagguy
01-04-2002, 10:20 PM
I have a small leak that occurs coming out of the first hole in the rail right after the field strip screw. I put a paper towel in it and that slowed the sound, and eventually the leak stopped by the end of the day. Have checked the seat numerous times and is good, have also cleaned in between the halves of the AIR valve. Any suggestions at all would be much appreciated. If you need more info on the problem write a reply. Also has anyone had any problems with chopping using PMI advantage?

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-04-2002, 11:45 PM
first hole in the rail? not exactly sure where your'e talking about.

BlackVCG
01-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Do the normal test. With it gassed up, pull the trigger and hold it back. If it stops leaking, it's a problem with the on/off bottom o-ring, PT spacer or PT o-ring.

If it continues to leak, it's a problem with the piston o-ring or the reg. seat is way out of shape and not sealing. Try replacing the piston o-ring first.

paintballmagnet
01-05-2002, 08:52 AM
My 'Mag was doing this also. I replaced the piston o-ring, greased the piston and when installed, my problem leak went away. Could this be your problem?

anthraxxx
01-05-2002, 10:00 AM
try this thread...I had the same problem as well as another dude and the issues were addressed and problems solved in both instances. in both cases the problem was with/in the reg valve, but read the thread through and I hope it helps. Also when you find a resolution to your problem please post it so that others might benefit from it in the future. This is such a great forum because of that.

I am new to mags but it sounds like if your problem resolves itself after you play a while I am guessing you are running co2 and maybe getting liquid into the valve freezing o rings and as the marker warms up the o rings are warming as well and sealing again elminating the leak.

good luck.

anthraxxx
01-05-2002, 10:01 AM
duh!!!! forgot to post the link

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7023

virginiamagguy
01-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Am running Nitro. It is coming out of the hole on the rail behind the field strip screw on the frame. Have changed reg seats and cleaned the area extensively. It leaks a little with trigger held back. Any suggestions?

anthraxxx
01-05-2002, 08:49 PM
read the post. the one guy who had the same problem had an aftermarket regulator valve, when a stock valve was put on it worked fine. In my case my spring pack in the regulator valve was dirty. cleaned it, lubed it and no more leak. both leaks were coming from the same area as yours. check out the link and goodluck.