PDA

View Full Version : ReTro Valve power tube back O-Ring blew

PhoenixWolf
04-03-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a ReTro valve with a removable power tube. The O-Ring that goes between the power tube and the valve body just broke, and I need to know if the appropriate O-Ring is available in the parts kit. All the diagrams show the valve with the power tube still attached.

Russ
04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
The power tube should never break loose from the valve. The weld has failed. AGD used to repair them...give 'em a call

Lenny
04-04-2007, 12:02 AM
The power tube should never break loose from the valve. The weld has failed. AGD used to repair them...give 'em a call
Not neccessarily. I remember the old Classic valves had removable powertubes. Maybe they did it with some of the early Retro's as well.

PhoenixWolf
04-04-2007, 12:21 AM
No, it's a screw, with threads and an O-Ring, so it's removable. It most definitely was never welded, although I suspect it was never intended to come apart. I just used Loctite Blue on it. That both seals it and keeps it from coming apart again.

It's a MicroMag ReTro valve, so it's probably one of the early ones. GFX10522. I got it to be installed in a 68 Automag.

athomas
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
I have a ReTro valve with a removable power tube. The O-Ring that goes between the power tube and the valve body just broke, and I need to know if the appropriate O-Ring is available in the parts kit. All the diagrams show the valve with the power tube still attached.If its the one that goes between the powertube and the valve body, then it is not in the kit as this part of the valve is not ever supposed to come apart. If it is the one that goes between the powertube tip and the stainless part of the powertube, then yes, it is replaceable and available in the kit.

PhoenixWolf
04-04-2007, 09:05 AM
It's the one between the powertube and the valve body. I figured it wasn't intended to come apart. At any rate, it's fixed now. It doesn't need the O-Ring when the threads are Loctited.