PDA

View Full Version : if you had 25 for an automag which one

macguyver
04-03-2007, 08:44 PM
if you 250 dollars for an automag with maybe another 150 for upgrades in a year what would you do? get a minimag for 85 use the rest to upgrade the gun or just pay the whole 250 for stock rt with upgraded barrel jj thanks for the advice.

olinar
04-03-2007, 08:50 PM
well it depends on what your looking to do with it.ie do you want it to be fast, are you running co2 or air. do you plan on annodizin in the future or just a beater gun.

Cow123
04-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I would personally buy this for $175 and spend the rest of the money on an asa and paint.
http://www.fusionowners.org/forsale/IMG_1021.gif

Not my gun, I just think it's hot. If only I hadn't just bought a mag! :( although on the bright side I just got a new mag! :)

macguyver
04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Hmmm accuracy is very iimportant to me and distant . I don't really need anything more than 15 bps. I would like something that is a very solid durability gun. I don't really care about look wise. However I want something that is going to have consistant air during rapid fire. I only run compress air.

thanks guys

Cow123
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you like how the rt/x valves push the trigger back after each shot?
Do you want to use co2?

Edit: nevermind on that last one.

macguyver
04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
never shot an rt or tac one so i couldn't tell you about the trigger, but i figure just like anything else in life it is about getting use to a trigger unless it just down right bad. With that in mind i m more of woods ball player who doesn't spray I like my gun on the accurae side. I coming from autocockers and tippmans.

P.S. i still don't see whats all the hype about turning an automag into a pneumag, if you are shooting really fast and your pressure is dropping left and right what difference would it make . Its going to be so inaccurate its a waste of pain if you ask me.

custar
04-04-2007, 12:36 AM
P.S. i still don't see whats all the hype about turning an automag into a pneumag, if you are shooting really fast and your pressure is dropping left and right what difference would it make . Its going to be so inaccurate its a waste of pain if you ask me.

A properly tuned pneumag shouldn't have drop off issues unless you exceed 15 bps on a Classic valve or 20+ with a RT/emag/X-valve. Also, a pnemag has a very light trigger pull.

custar

Mongoose
04-04-2007, 08:35 AM
never shot an rt or tac one so i couldn't tell you about the trigger, but i figure just like anything else in life it is about getting use to a trigger unless it just down right bad. With that in mind i m more of woods ball player who doesn't spray I like my gun on the accurae side. I coming from autocockers and tippmans.

Sounds to me like you need a tac one, for 250 you might have to find one used.
if you wanna get over 5-6 bps your gonna need to do something...and a properly tuned pnuemag will fire just fine!
A ULT will help with trigger pull and a level 10 bolt will help if not completely stop ball breaks.
in my opinion i would get a tac 1 and upgrade to pnuematics, x-valves can shoot over 34 bps without shootdown! :hail:
-Goose-

Pacifist_Farmer
04-04-2007, 09:42 AM
There's no way he can hit a Tac-anything in his price range.

Macguyver, you can get a pretty well set up Classic (Warp, choice of grip, hopper included, etc.) for that money. But since you want to shoot 15 BPS, max, you'll really need to get an RT or X valve, I would go with X Valve.

You might get lucky and find an X Valved RT-Pro, with ULT for 400, if your real lucky. More realisticly you'll need to pick up a used RT-Pro, and get a ULT next year.

Good luck.

olinar
04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
if you want cheap but relaible and fast get a classic rt. those things are tanks and are very reactive. only downside is that the only bolt on upgrade are trigger frames and even then you might have to widen the thumbscrew hole a little. you can pick one up from $100- $250. sepnd the resty to get a hopper/mask etc..

macguyver
04-04-2007, 10:40 PM
thanks for all the input, guys. If I end up getting like a classic minimag and can i fire like 8 bps without my air pressure dropping? The other issue i guess owning mags, is the barrel, it looks like the best one on the market is the dye broomstick but they are hard to come by if I'm not mistaken. So I would basically have to upgrade to a ule body to get the cocker barrel going?

custar
04-04-2007, 10:53 PM
thanks for all the input, guys. If I end up getting like a classic minimag and can i fire like 8 bps without my air pressure dropping?

Yes, no problem.

So I would basically have to upgrade to a ule body to get the cocker barrel going?

You could find a twistlock Freak back and use inserts. I have a Lapco twistlock I like a lot. Several mag bodies take cocker threaded barrels: Micromags, Galactic Z, Karta (good luck finding one of those), Tac One, and probably a couple of others I am missing. Also, Doc Nickel makes an adapter for twistlock bodies to take cocker threaded barrels.

custar

Tao
04-04-2007, 11:56 PM
if you 250 dollars for an automag with maybe another 150 for upgrades in a year what would you do? get a minimag for 85 use the rest to upgrade the gun or just pay the whole 250 for stock rt with upgraded barrel jj thanks for the advice.

Stock RT and get a lvl10...